Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    I've had my Touchpad for about 3 weeks and love it. I'm very interested in getting a 4G model but have some questions for owners:

- Where is the best place to buy one? Does eBay have the best deals?
    - How much should I expect to spend?
    - How much does the data plan cost?
    Steven should be a happy camper now that his touchpad has been unlocked.
    Thanks to ceejay, i am now the proud owner of a touchpad 4G which is unlocked. Anyone who is still locked can be sure that his contact is legit and the service is quick. Definitely not a scam

thanks again Ceejay
    Really am sorry if thuis bursts anyone's bubble,

I have sad news to report. My information was not valid previously. Attempted to get the voice working on established platforms Windows and Linux, but apparently even though the Sierra is very AT code friendly, it doesn't do voice after all.

Good news is that data speeds are screaming fast.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    wouldve been cool if it did voice too. then again i probably couldnt get my hands on one of those lte cards...
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejayr View Post
    wouldve been cool if it did voice too. then again i probably couldnt get my hands on one of those lte cards...
    Don't give up yet. I haven't . There appears to be some confusion and conflicting information, plus I may have rushed to judgement as a result of being brain fried at the time.

I'm waiting for an answer from Rod on something I just noticed in webOS 3.x. I'm hoping might be a breakthrough.

Barry
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Don't give up yet. I haven't . There appears to be some confusion and conflicting information, plus I may have rushed to judgement as a result of being brain fried at the time.

I'm waiting for an answer from Rod on something I just noticed in webOS 3.x. I'm hoping might be a breakthrough.

Barry
    hmmn. have not heard from magicdinos, his touchpad shouldve already been successfully unlocked.
    Quick reminder to all... This thread is not for Android discussions. Please keep those in the Android forum. Thanks!

<thread cleansed>
    Please forgive the newbie question -- I purchased a 4G Touchpad about 3 weeks ago, and have been learning about WebOS and the TouchPad ever since. I really like it!

Today I finally signed up for 4G service (via ATT), using the ATT Communicator app that came with the TouchPad. All went well. However, now that the SIM shows as active, the toggle for 4G has disappeared -- that is, the toggle that I could formerly see by clicking on the upper right corner, in the list of options such as wifi, sound mute, airplane mode, orientation lock, etc. There had been an option there to switch 4G on and off. It now no longer appears in the list.

Where could it have gone?

And secondly, if I can't figure out how to bring it back, will the TouchPad automatically use wifi when that is available, as a first choice, i.e. will it know not to use 4G if it has the option for wifi? If not, I'll need to keep it in airplane mode all the time, and/or cancel my 4G service quickly, before I hit this month's data usage ceiling -- clearly not ideal.

I'd be grateful for any tips from the longstanding experts in this forum. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by michtp19 View Post
    ... will the TouchPad automatically use wifi when that is available, as a first choice, i.e. will it know not to use 4G if it has the option for wifi?
    The TouchPad will use WiFi instead of 4G as long as WiFi is on and connected. This applies to both WebOS and CM9. Airplane mode turns both off.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by michtp19 View Post
    Where could it have gone?
    I dont remember having a data toggle on the drop down menu (upper right).

to turn it off or on, go to
    Phone & Video calls> hit the dropdown menu (upper left)> Preferences and Accounts >Data Usage.

I think you can use preware to add a data toggle on the right dropdown menu. =)
    no open webOS love from HP for touchpad. sigh.
    another touchpad has been unlocked.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    another touchpad has been unlocked.
    How, please let me know
    sent PM^^
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Source for this? And, what are implications of this for lifecycle of this TP 4G?

Thanks.

no open webOS love from HP for touchpad. sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    Source for this? And, what are implications of this for lifecycle of this TP 4G?

Thanks.
    One of the front page articles
    and the TP 4G never really had much of a life cycle, given it was never officially released IIRC.

You're in the same boat as the rest of us. Difference being you have a touchpad with a 4G radio

It means that what you're using now is probably what you're always going to have. (software-wise) Unless home brewers can work some magic.
    does anyone else have issues with signal drop? I'll be happily using mine on 3g then suddenly it goes and I get the "no service" message. Toggling airplane mode doesn't help, and only a device restart brings it back?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    does anyone else have issues with signal drop? I'll be happily using mine on 3g then suddenly it goes and I get the "no service" message. Toggling airplane mode doesn't help, and only a device restart brings it back?
    Have the same problem every now and then. Seems to be happening randomly on mine.
    Usually I can get it back by using 'data toggle' from preware. Turn it off and on.

Might be caused by heavy traffic on tower or some interference closer to your Tp
    Last edited by renater; 08/16/2012 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Added possible cause.