Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    I certainly have the expertise, however my budget for projects like this is thin right now.

If there's someone willing to try this, here's a link to the one vendor I've found selling the AirPrime MC7700

MC7700 - 1101367- LTE, HSPA+, AT&T,Generic, QMI

Quote Originally Posted by jbates View Post
    And who has a spare Sierra card and the expertise to open a Touchpad TTB?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hi I'm planning to buy a 4g tp and read around that there were some problems with the unlock: are the offers which I see on google (unlocknow and similar) all not working?I'd like to use it in Europe with a European carrier. Thanks

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I assume the unlock code comes with the SIM card? Or is this something the vendor has in-store?
    krotech:

Hopefully you have an unlocked 4G TouchPad. As best I know, there is no way to obtain an unlock code as of right now. HP has them, but does not release them and refers folks to AT&T. And, I am not aware that anyone has been able to get one from AT&T.

SiobhŠn had a contact within HP that was helping, but that avenue dried up. Hopefully she will be able to find another source. See her last post here.

John
    Sorry. I had seen siobahn's posts earlier in the thread, I just did not read your post closely enough.

If my TP is unlocked, the carrier for another SIM card will show up on its own. I only need the unlock code if the TP is locked. Got it.

Thanks again.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by sirga78 View Post
    Hi I'm planning to buy a 4g tp and read around that there were some problems with the unlock: are the offers which I see on google (unlocknow and similar) all not working?I'd like to use it in Europe with a European carrier. Thanks

none of the commercial unlock products work - I have tried both unlocknow and unlockcellular and they had to refund me when they could not provide the service. Don't bother trying.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Successfully unlocked TP 4G. Unlock code was bought from person on Russian webOS forum.
    ^^ how much for the code?
    Alpha2 is online. Thanks to JCSullins for his hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejayr View Post
    ^^ how much for the code?
    1500 roubles (~$46).
    1500 roubles (~$46).
    and how does one go about getting such a code?

Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    and how does one go about getting such a code?

Send him a s/n with imei. He wrote that can get unlock code. Send money by V2V, then get a code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Send him a s/n with imei. He wrote that can get unlock code. Send money by V2V, then get a code.
    sorry, I hope i didn't miss a post but what about contact details or a link to the forum?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    1500 roubles (~$46).
    I hope you included your mark up for being a go-between for all the folks in this thread looking for unlock codes...

-- Rod
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    [edited by staff]

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I hope you included your mark up for being a go-between for all the folks in this thread looking for unlock codes...

-- Rod
    I pasted a link above. If any assistance needed, I'm ready to help.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/12/2012 at 03:22 AM. Reason: removed link to outside forum per our rules
    I took my TP to another carrier and borrowed a SIM card from them. Popped it in, waited a few seconds, and there was the "E" in the box, no request for a code, and the browser immediately brought up a signin/select your plan Webpage for that carrier. It looks like I did get an unlocked TP after all.

I also installed the 4G CM9 alpha and got that to work with the AT&T SIM. It's nice to have the modem working in both webOS and Android.

I'll be going to the UK for a couple of weeks. I see in the notes that Vodafone SIMs have been verified to work with the TP in Britain, but the data plans by Three look promising, too. Does anyone have any information on their plans and compatibility with the TP? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks again to John for your time and answers. I appreciate it.

K
    I took my TP to another carrier and borrowed a SIM card from them. Popped it in, waited a few seconds, and there was the "E" in the box, no request for a code, and the browser immediately brought up a signin/select your plan Webpage for that carrier. It looks like I did get an unlocked TP after all.

I also installed the 4G CM9 alpha and got that to work with the AT&T SIM. It's nice to have the modem working in both webOS and Android.

I'll be going to the UK for a couple of weeks. I see in the notes that Vodafone SIMs have been verified to work with the TP in Britain, but the data plans by Three look promising, too. Does anyone have any information on their plans and compatibility with the TP? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks again to John for your time and answers. I appreciate it.

K
    I'm not offering any help out of spite (grinds teeth about still locked touchpad 4g) :-)

Seriously, if you're coming to the UK look at giffgaff, 10pound topup gets you unlimited data for 30 days and the coverage is good (except now because of the widespread issues with the 02 network which it shares) but normally its fine - I use it everyday in my pre3

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I don't think I can get service with them. It looks like there's no storefront where I could pick up a SIM card, and according to the website, you have to have a credit or debit card in the UK to buy/fill a card. They won't ship overseas.

I think there's a Vodafone store in Heathrow, and a Three store not too far away. I'll have a car. Should be fun.

If you think of anything else, or if I'm wrong, feel free to share. I'll be checking in here.

K
    [edited by staff]

I pasted a link above. If any assistance needed, I'm ready to help.
    Pilotovef, - Your Link was removed by the moderators.

Please PM me contact information (and or the link to the forum) for the person in Russia who is selling unlock codes for TP 4G's

Also for those of you mechanically inclined who want to unlock your Touchpad 4G by replacing your stock Ericsson 5221 with an unlocked 4G LTE Sierra Wireless Air Prime MC7700 data card, see the marketplace forum here, I'll be making a post there within a day or so offering these data cards cheap (compared to the one vendor previously identified in this thread)

The performance boost moving from HSPA+ to AT&T's 4G LTE network is beyond imaginable.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    pm'd

Thnx

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Pilotovef, - Your Link was removed by the moderators.

Please PM me contact information (and or the link to the forum) for the person in Russia who is selling unlock codes for TP 4G's

Also for those of you mechanically inclined who want to unlock your Touchpad 4G by replacing your stock Ericsson 5221 with an unlocked 4G LTE Sierra Wireless Air Prime MC7700 data card, see the marketplace forum here, I'll be making a post there within a day or so offering these data cards cheap (compared to the one vendor previously identified in this thread)

The performance boost moving from HSPA+ to AT&T's 4G LTE network is beyond imaginable.

TTB
    For anyone getting their TP 4G unlocked and going to Britain, I can tell you that the Three mobile network SIM card also works with the TouchPad. There was a vending machine with SIM cards in it (which is a fantastic idea) and the Three SIM cards were the only ones in the machine advertised as data-only, so I bought one. Paid a little more for the convenience - a few pounds' worth - but I dropped it in and had signal and access before I left the airport. All phone tech should be as easy as this. HP really should release all of those codes.

Hopefully, steven_farkas can get his TP unlocked and make use of the network. Good luck to you, hoss. Good coverage so far. And I might need your help with something next week, if you'd be up for it. I'll be in Oxford. Have to jump over to the CM9 thread now to ask about it first.

K