Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Can anybody help with the unlock code for TP 4G. I'm need it badly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Can anybody help with the unlock code for TP 4G. I'm need it badly!
    Join the club. There is no way to unlock unless you have friends in the right place at HP. None of the commercial unlock products work (no matter what their website says) so don't waste your money.

all we can do is wait patiently for a contact on here to come up trumps, or for HP to make the DB public (about the same time that blizzard swings through Hell)
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    Join the club. There is no way to unlock unless you have friends in the right place at HP.
    Hi does anybody know if "siobhanellis" is still showing up in the forum once in a while?
    As I understand he was the only one so far which could help with netunlock of TP 4G and once have to wait patiently.
    My PM to him was 2 month ago and got never a response.
    So is he still in the forum?
    Does anybody now?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    Join the club. There is no way to unlock unless you have friends in the right place at HP. None of the commercial unlock products work (no matter what their website says) so don't waste your money.

all we can do is wait patiently for a contact on here to come up trumps, or for HP to make the DB public (about the same time that blizzard swings through Hell)
    Hi Steven,
    I contacted Palm support regarding this, the tech told me it would be the carrier that have to be contacted and as the 4G never was released officially AT&T should be willing to give the code, did anybody try to contact AT&T support so far and if what is the rightplace I tried to get support but wassnt finding the right place so far

Cheers

Magicdino
    Quote Originally Posted by magicdinos View Post
    Hi does anybody know if "siobhanellis" is still showing up in the forum once in a while?
    As I understand he was the only one so far which could help with netunlock of TP 4G and once have to wait patiently.
    Does anybody now?

Cheers
    Here's why ....

Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    it seems my unlocking source has dried up. I'm just about to go on holiday. On my return, I'll attempt to find another.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    How much would a brand new touchpad 32gb 4g cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by sancase View Post
    $375...with accessories

32gb 4G Touchpad with accessories for sale
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ę about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    that's a good deal, but how about brand new?

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    that's a good deal, but how about brand new?
    US$ 375 without accessoires as I offered here:

FS: New Touchpad 4g in original sealed box
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Just got up on a 4g touchpad and a 7 inch touchpad. Didn,t like the 7 inch so I sold it but I,m making sure that their is not anything special I am missing on the 4g. I'm running it on AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicdinos View Post
    Does anybody now?

Cheers
    She actually. I know there is assumption that all geeks are he, but not always true.

Yes, I'm back after a wonderful time in Europe. Working on something for work at the moment. As soon as I get an opportunity will try and help again.

BTW, can we please have a seperate topic for Android in a different place. I have no interest in Android at all, and wouldlove this to stay just unpolluted WebOS.
    SiobhŠn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    renater likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    With all due respect, I'd like to continue to have Android for TP4G continued to be discussed here, that way I can watch all 4G discussions in one forum. General Android for TP discussions are fine in the Android forum.

Just my $0.02
    This forum is :

webOS Nation Forums > webOS tablets > HP TouchPad > 4G TouchPad Owners Lounge

Note the webOS tablets.

There is another forum :

webOS Nation Forums > Older Palm Devices and Other Platforms > Android on TouchPad

where an "Android on 4G TouchPad" topic would be suitable.

You then get the option to subscribe to and follow both topics, and others get the choice to follow one or the other.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    I'm with Rod on this.

The two forums need to be be separated, one new one with the posts for Android ICS Touchpad 4G and this forum that Twack provided for us, for what can never be mistaken as the original webOS Touchpad 4G .....

Now with that said, can someone please swap a Sierra MC7700 into their already installed dual boot android Touchpad 4G and let us all know if it makes voice calls directly from Android using a sim card taken out of their smartphone? (Don't forget to flash the new mic fix for CM9 first ....)

Muchos thankos .....
    TTB

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This forum is :

webOS Nation Forums > webOS tablets > HP TouchPad > 4G TouchPad Owners Lounge

Note the webOS tablets.

There is another forum :

webOS Nation Forums > Older Palm Devices and Other Platforms > Android on TouchPad

where an "Android on 4G TouchPad" topic would be suitable.

You then get the option to subscribe to and follow both topics, and others get the choice to follow one or the other.

-- Rod
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 06/26/2012 at 11:14 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    And who has a spare Sierra card and the expertise to open a Touchpad TTB?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    So bringing this back on topic, I have a used 4G grounding its way to me now. I have a WiFi 32G on a profile now. What is the best way for me to transition to the new device?

I do not think it was unlocked by the previous owner. I am currently an AT&T user on an unlocked Pre2. What would be a good option for a data sim? Can I just move my phone sim into it to get it started? Should I start with a new profile to make sure everything works as expected before moving it to my production profile?

Thoughts anyone?
    I did the exact same thing, went from a WiFi to a 4G. I used the same profile and most of my apps redownloaded automatically. I saved all my packages in Preware and was able to redownlod them all without having to manually chose them. I also used a program called save/restore to copy my angry birds save game data.

I did have to manually copy my music over, and for some reason only about 80% of the apps auto redownloaded. For the rest, I had to go into the Catalog and look for the "FREE" items.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbates View Post
    So bringing this back on topic, I have a used 4G grounding its way to me now. I have a WiFi 32G on a profile now. What is the best way for me to transition to the new device?

I do not think it was unlocked by the previous owner. I am currently an AT&T user on an unlocked Pre2. What would be a good option for a data sim? Can I just move my phone sim into it to get it started? Should I start with a new profile to make sure everything works as expected before moving it to my production profile?

Thoughts anyone?
    I just went ahead and set up a new plan with att communicator. I did prepaid for the first month to see how much data I use.
    I'm considering selling my 4G one as I'm losing all hope that I will ever get it unlocked for use in the UK, especially as I have a friend with a spare Wifi model which I could pick up for peanuts. *sigh*
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3