Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 925
Like Tree78Likes
  1. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
       #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Mine didn't update. I doctored to 3.0.2 Thans to Rod we have a 3.0.2 production doctor.
    I was going into this thread and I scrolled down to the bottom real fast on my TP. There are so many posts by TTB in a row, he started to look like a cartoon. LOL. No offense TTB, just giving you some crud.

    It's all good
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by amigaguru View Post
    @TopTongueBarry: Where is this picture of the Gsm-Module from? Do you have more Pictures, because i'll compare it (PCB, Chipsets) with the Touchpad Wifi.

    In mine (and in all others) 32GB Touchpad Wifi, there is already the sim-Card-slot, but is is not connected to the main pcb or any other module inside the touchpad.

    My intention is that, if the chipsets already the same, we can connect the sim-card slot to the right module.

    Thanks for your help.

    best Regards
    Arno
    I've had every model of TouchPad apart, the 16GB, the 32GB, the 3G/4G, and the White 64GB PandaPad. Here's the facts:

    - No place to connect the SIM Card slot on any WiFi Touchpad (theres a ribbon connector for it on the USB board for the 3G/4G model that is not present on the USB board of the WiFi models)
    - No PCI express slot for the Ericsson data card on any WiFi TouchPad (non 3G/4G Touchpad). This includes the 64GB White PandaPad. Despite having the same main board as the 3G/4G Touchpad, there's no PCI Express slot on it either. The PCI Express slot used for the data card is located on the main board of 3G/4G TouchPads only.

    Sorry to disappoint you, but facts are facts.

    One more thing, opening these things is not easy. Even if you're fortunate enough to have a TP with no cracks by the speakers, once you've removed and replaced the LCD assy (even carefully) to peek inside, you'll likely have yourself a CrackPad.

    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  3. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
       #43  
    Any luck on the 4G unlocking?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Any luck on the 4G unlocking?
    Still waiting on digitalunlock.com to notify us they are ready to have us beta test their unlocker. GuyFromNam is following up with them for status. Will post update whenever there's news to share
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  5. #45  
    Thank you for your quick response.

    Ok, but i think for me it is no difficulty to solder a ribbon connector to the USB-Board, if there are the needed solder points.
    Therefor it where helpful to see if there are any differences between the Mainboards and USB-Boards of the two TP-Models and if there are other chipsets used.

    Another Idea of mine is the possibility to exchange the sim-card slot with a SD-Card Slot to get more memory.
    Do you know a source for the technical data of the chipsets that are used in the TP?

    Best regards

    Arno






    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I've had every model of TouchPad apart, the 16GB, the 32GB, the 3G/4G, and the White 64GB PandaPad. Here's the facts:

    - No place to connect the SIM Card slot on any WiFi Touchpad (theres a ribbon connector for it on the USB board for the 3G/4G model that is not present on the USB board of the WiFi models)
    - No PCI express slot for the Ericsson data card on any WiFi TouchPad (non 3G/4G Touchpad). This includes the 64GB White PandaPad. Despite having the same main board as the 3G/4G Touchpad, there's no PCI Express slot on it either. The PCI Express slot used for the data card is located on the main board of 3G/4G TouchPads only.

    Sorry to disappoint you, but facts are facts.

    One more thing, opening these things is not easy. Even if you're fortunate enough to have a TP with no cracks by the speakers, once you've removed and replaced the LCD assy (even carefully) to peek inside, you'll likely have yourself a CrackPad.

    TTB
  6. #46  
    There are no soldering points available on ANY of the WiFi Models USB boards (64GB included) for the connector to the SIM card ribbon cable. The main board in the 4G model is about 1/4" to 1/2" longer and has the ribbon connector on it. They are two different USB boards too and the WiFi main bords do not have solder points for the PCI Express card slot to be attached either. They are three different main boards. One board is used in the 16/32 GB Wi Fi models, another is used in the 64GB WiFi model, and another main board, (even different from the other two main boards) is used in the 4G model.


    There, are you happy now? If you really do want a 4G model, I can save you all the wasted time and energy. I have one I can sell you.

    Re SD card slot replacement. Not possible either. Why not buy a 64GB model if you need more space?


    Quote Originally Posted by amigaguru View Post
    Thank you for your quick response.

    Ok, but i think for me it is no difficulty to solder a ribbon connector to the USB-Board, if there are the needed solder points.
    Therefor it where helpful to see if there are any differences between the Mainboards and USB-Boards of the two TP-Models and if there are other chipsets used.

    Another Idea of mine is the possibility to exchange the sim-card slot with a SD-Card Slot to get more memory.
    Do you know a source for the technical data of the chipsets that are used in the TP?

    Best regards

    Arno
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/11/2011 at 01:36 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  7. #47  
    Hi all,

    I just got offered a TP from a friend of a friend (you know...), and it happens to at least *look* like a 4G TP -- not being able to find any photo's of the retail box on the web, I'm asking you people as you likely know.

    Looking at the attached pictures;

    1. does the packaging look legit to you?
    2. what model number(s)/UPC stickers etc. should I look for?.

    thanks for your help,

    MrBuffet
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    There are no soldering points available on ANY of the WiFi Models USB boards (64GB included) for the connector to the SIM card ribbon cable. The USB board in the 4G model is about 1/4" to 1/2" longer and has the ribbon connector on it. They are two different USB boards and the WiFi main bords do not have solder points for the PCI Express card slot to be attached either. They are three different main boards. One board is used in the 16/32 GB Wi Fi models, another is used in the 64GB WiFi model, and another main board, (even different from the other two main boards) is used in the 4G model.
    Click to view quoted image

    There, are you happy now? If you really do want a 4G model, I can save you all the wasted time and energy. I have one I can sell you.
    PM Sent!!!!
  9. #49  
    Um, not to "thread crap" but if anyone wants to add "4G" to their TP, just do what I did, and get a MiFi (from Verizon or ATT). Mine is a 4G LTE one, from Verizon.

    Smaller than a deck of cards, no need to open up the TP, and you get the added benefit of being able to use the 4G connection on multiple TP's and Laptops.
  10. Modular's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuffet View Post
    Hi all,

    I just got offered a TP from a friend of a friend (you know...), and it happens to at least *look* like a 4G TP -- not being able to find any photo's of the retail box on the web, I'm asking you people as you likely know.

    Looking at the attached pictures;

    1. does the packaging look legit to you?
    2. what model number(s)/UPC stickers etc. should I look for?.

    thanks for your help,

    MrBuffet
    This is defiantly legit.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    Um, not to "thread crap" but if anyone wants to add "4G" to their TP, just do what I did, and get a MiFi (from Verizon or ATT). Mine is a 4G LTE one, from Verizon.

    Smaller than a deck of cards, no need to open up the TP, and you get the added benefit of being able to use the 4G connection on multiple TP's and Laptops.

    Touchpad 4G is clocked at 1.5Ghz, has GPS + the 3.5G radio.
  12. #52  
    Take the IPK from the AT&T Pre 3 doctor
    Do a root install of it on your TouchPad 4G
    Restart your Touchpad 4G
    Start AT&T Navigator
    This is how it will look
    Your's will show streetnames and the sound with beats audio is grand!

    Attached Images Attached Images
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Take the IPK from the AT&T Pre 3 doctor
    Do a root install of it on your TouchPad 4G
    Restart your Touchpad 4G
    Start AT&T Navigator
    This is how it will look
    Your's will show streetnames and the sound with beats audio is grand!

    Click to view quoted image
    So do you have voice_data SIM in it or just data?
  14. #54  
    Screenshot of AT&T TouchPad 3.5G on T-Mobile (EDGE data):



    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/12/2011 at 04:26 PM.
  15. #55  
    Thanks again for your replay.

    Now i get it, you gave me the first concrete answer to this questions.

    I think the cheapest way to get mobile connection is to search for a bluetooth 4G module.

    Thank you for your offer, but in the moment, i don't want to buy another Tab.

    Best Regards
    Arno


    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    There are no soldering points available on ANY of the WiFi Models USB boards (64GB included) for the connector to the SIM card ribbon cable. The main board in the 4G model is about 1/4" to 1/2" longer and has the ribbon connector on it. They are two different USB boards too and the WiFi main bords do not have solder points for the PCI Express card slot to be attached either. They are three different main boards. One board is used in the 16/32 GB Wi Fi models, another is used in the 64GB WiFi model, and another main board, (even different from the other two main boards) is used in the 4G model.
    Click to view quoted image

    There, are you happy now? If you really do want a 4G model, I can save you all the wasted time and energy. I have one I can sell you.

    Re SD card slot replacement. Not possible either. Why not buy a 64GB model if you need more space?
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    So do you have voice_data SIM in it or just data?
    Tested AT&T Navigator with both, AT&T post-paid voice enabled SIM and a AT&T data only iPad SIM, pre-paid - works.

    Tested AT&T Navigator using a pre-paid good2go voice enabled SIM on their smartphone unlimited pre-paid plan.

    Notes on AT&T Navigator.

    Personally verified ATT Nav works using a good2go pre-paid SIM with data feature (good2go is an att MVNO)

    Don't know if it works using a H20 pre-paid SIM with data feature (H20 is an att MVNO)
    I recall reading a post in the Pre 3 forums from another member here confirming ATT Nav does work using a H20 SIM - not sure about that at this time though.

    Last time I checked, about a month ago, ATT Nav did not work with a pre-paid AT&T GoPhone SIM/acct even with the data feature - unsure if that has changed.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/12/2011 at 09:18 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsilva3 View Post
    Touchpad 4G is clocked at 1.5Ghz, has GPS + the 3.5G radio.
    Um, 1.5Ghz, anyone can have with Preware.

    A VZ Wireless MiFi is 4G LTE.

    And to me, GPS on my TP is a minor issue, since I (and most folks) have GPS on our Smartphones.
  18. #58  
    Sure anyone can have 1.5Ghz with Preware, but there is a difference with overlocking a processor after it has left with a particular clocked speed, but I guess I am one just one of those people that doesn't like overclocking. I know the MiFi is 4G LTE, but that's just one more thing to take with you.
  19. mocarey's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    unlockitnow.com sent email my imei isnt in the db yet.

    still waiting on digitalunlock.com
    My ATT 4G Touchpad was unlocked out the box. I just inserted my T-Mo SIM and started using it. Not very fast, but gets the job done.

    Any if the 2100 UMTS radio is configured and will work? I've got no way to test this out without leaving the US.
  20. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
       #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Take the IPK from the AT&T Pre 3 doctor
    Do a root install of it on your TouchPad 4G
    Restart your Touchpad 4G
    Start AT&T Navigator
    Hey TTB,

    I'm a little confused. Did you take the whole pre3 doctor, or just the navigator ipk?

    TIA,
    twack in confused place.
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions