Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    I have a 4G w/GPS as well. it has a 1.5g processor. This site showed me how to install android and overclock my 16gb wifi version to 1.5 and I had no problems with it at all. Can the 1.5 take the same method and bring it up to 1.8 or higher without cooking it? Just a side note: I'm 62 yrs. old and pretty computer ILliterate but around those my age you've made me look like a freaking genus.. Thanks
    Hi all,

I'd like to announce the first alpha release of CM9 specifically for the Touchpad 4G (4g_alpha0).

Many thanks to NewbyJE for helping make this happen.

This has had very limited testing. However, the basics (GPS/3G) work (for me, at least).

You can find it here: Goo.im Downloads - Browsing Touchpad4G

NOTE: To use the AT&T SIM that was included with my TP4G, I had to add a APN.
    From Settings/Wireless&Networks/More/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names,
    select "..." at top left, New APN, then enter "broadband" for the APN, whatever you want
    for Name and leave rest blank. Then select "..." at top right, Save. Then select the newly
    created APN (circle to right).

- James
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsullins View Post
    Hi all,

I'd like to announce the first alpha release of CM9 specifically for the Touchpad 4G (4g_alpha0).

Many thanks to NewbyJE for helping make this happen.

This has had very limited testing. However, the basics (GPS/3G) work (for me, at least)

- James
    FIrst of all, thank you James and John! There are a few folks that have been waiting a long time to use their sim in a dual boot config. I can't test this out until tonight, but as soon as I do I will report back.

1 quick question: I currently have Nightly build "update-cm-9-20120509-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed" installed. Can I flash over the top? Or, do I need to do a complete wipe and factory reset?

Thanks again!
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    1 quick question: I currently have Nightly build "update-cm-9-20120509-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed" installed. Can I flash over the top? Or, do I need to do a complete wipe and factory reset?
    I flashed over the nightly with a cache and Dalvik wipe. I initially had reboot problems, but after a hard reboot (power and center buttons) I have not had any problems.

- John
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Come on... No one else has tried yet?
    Please post results if you do.
    I am new in the cyanogenmod game. I can test it right now. Do I have to uninstall my current built? I am just using the stale version not the overnight builds.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post
    I flashed over the nightly with a cache and Dalvik wipe. I initially had reboot problems, but after a hard reboot (power and center buttons) I have not had any problems.

- John
    Could u explain how u flashed? I am a newbie to this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Could u explain how u flashed? I am a newbie to this. Thanks!
    Depends on what you currently have on your TouchPad. I was up to a fairly recent CM9 nightly; therefore, I just copied the alpha release to my TouchPad, installed it and then cleared the cache and Dalvik cache using ClockWorkMod (CWM), and rebooted. You may want to do a Nandriod backup with CWM or TWRP before flashing. Also, update to the 20120429 gapps if you have not already done so.

There is a good general guide (slightly out of date) to installing CM9 here: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html.

The latest info on the nightly's with links to the most recent gapps, etc. is here: [ROM] Official CyanogenMod 9 Nightly Build Discussion - CyanogenMod [HP Touchpad] - RootzWiki

I believe the alpha build includes all the other features in the 20120522 nightly.
    Last edited by NewbyJE; 05/28/2012 at 11:11 AM.
    ok installing now.
    nice..4g is now working?
    4G is working!!

however, still working on my google apps issue. Play wont open. Trying the gapps fixer now.
    gapps fixer worked! downloading my first app now! had to redownload my gmail app and reenter my google account.

thanks a lot!!!
    Interesting...my TP keeps on saying searching for network, and it never finds one..
    All you guys using an AT&T sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by sancase View Post
    Interesting...my TP keeps on saying searching for network, and it never finds one..
    All you guys using an AT&T sim?
    Yes, I am using the original AT&T SIM and AT&T account. TouchPad finds carrier right away, but I have to set APN in order to connect to Internet.
    it seems my unlocking source has dried up. I'm just about to go on holiday. On my return, I'll attempt to find another.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    I am using an at&t sim as well.

Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    it seems my unlocking source has dried up. I'm just about to go on holiday. On my return, I'll attempt to find another.
    if you manage to find one I would be eternally grateful and happy to start a donation thread I have tried myself through friends i know at HP to no avail
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Woohooo!

Wiped cache and dalvick, flashed the zip and we have 4G (HSPA) on AT&T. I had already set up an APN so it just booted and worked! No more hotspot or tether for CM9 or webOS
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    any idea whether the CM9 rom would mean I could use a non ATT sim? or is the functionality somehow linked to the hardware?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    any idea whether the CM9 rom would mean I could use a non ATT sim? or is the functionality somehow linked to the hardware?
    Should be the same as for WebOS. If your SIM works there it should for CM9.
    If your modem is locked, it will be regardless of the OS. The same unlock code should work in either case.

- John