Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    @magicdinos
    1. Send Siobhanelis a PM and wait patiently.
    2. As far as I know no-one ever succeeded with any commercial unlock product as the database with unlock codes is still not available outside HP.
    3. Not having a sim wouldn't cause freeze problems or touch sensitivity problems in itself. Look in the forums for possible solutions, e.g.
    - Uninstall some Preware patches if you have many of them, some of them might conflict.
    - Or make sure you're on the latest update 3.05. Although 3.04 worked well for me.
    - Or just reboot.
    - If it's still persists find a thread where they're willing to read your logfiles for anomalies
    - Worst case, you have a bad touchscreen.
    Hi renater,
    thanks, as I had the 4G AT&T quite new I just used the webdoctor on it and used a new palm account and juhu, everything is totally fine smooth and workings as expected having two other wifi 32g models.

So I will contact Siobhanelis, thanks again.

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    I hope I'm as lucky as you with mine - where did you get yours from? Mine was an ebay job, factory sealed..am hoping and praying its unlocked!!
    Got mine from sanaking (one of the posters on this forum). It works with Three data sim and today I also tried it with some strange German sim (am on business trip here) and it works perfectly fine.
    Please, do post an update when yours arrive. Would be interesting to know if it's unlocked and what is your first impression.
    I am in love with mine so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9orynych View Post
    Got mine from sanaking (one of the posters on this forum). It works with Three data sim and today I also tried it with some strange German sim (am on business trip here) and it works perfectly fine.
    Please, do post an update when yours arrive. Would be interesting to know if it's unlocked and what is your first impression.
    will do, am expecting it sometime this week..am off to france on the weekend and would love to have it working by then!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    is there any chance to manually add apn on touchpad 4g?
    Quote Originally Posted by nikoloz17 View Post
    is there any chance to manually add apn on touchpad 4g?
    from what I've read on here, i am sure you can..but since mine hasn't arrived yet (boo hoo) I can't tell you exactly..

(sorry, not the most helpful post )
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1daphcout View Post
    I had the same issue as well, and putting "phone" in the "Internet APN" field didn't work for me. Upon further digging, came across the correct settings for the Internet APN tab for AT&T at Internet / APN Settings (Tmo & ATT)

Once I put these settings, in I got the "3G" icon and the Touchpad was connected to the Internet. The settings I used were:

AT&T:
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: [Leave Blank]
    Port: [Leave Blank]
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Server: [Leave Blank]

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MMS Protocol: [Leave Blank]
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410

Hi there. I just got my TP today. Before switching it on the first time I took out the sim card. Then installed my AT&T blackberry sim card. It recognized the card and AT&T network but does not connect to the Internet. I tried the settings above but still no go. Any ideas? In fact, I don't see the option of including all the above settings under the "Internet APN" tab. The options to input some of the above were available on the "MMS APN" tab. "Internet APN" tab only had the options for Internet apn, username and password. On the MMS APN tab I added the username and password - rest of the information was already populated. Any suggestions?
    Newbie2013

hi, where can i find this "Internet APN" tab?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Newbie2013

Go to Phones icon and use the menu to get there. I would assume these are in global settings and it took me quite a while to figure this out
    Newbie2013

It took me a while to figure out where the "interent APN " tab is. I went to 'phone & video calls' icon. Then tapped on "AT&T" at the top left hand corner of the screen. Chose "Preferences & Accounts" from the drop down menu. AT the bottom of that page you will see the options for "manual settings". Switch it "on". Option to "edit network settings" will pop up. tap on that and you will see two tabs "Internet APN" and "MMS APN". Hope this helps.
    Thanks a lot guys, that helped.
    Thanks a lot guys, that helped.
    were you able to connect to the internet? Do you see "3G" using your smartphone SIM ? some of the earlier posters were, but I am unable to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Actually it will.
    The primary issue - getting the data card to work is almost resolved.

They have an alpha driver for it. Just needs to be compiled for the Qualcomm processor/chipset inside the TP 4G

SourceForge.net: MBM HAL for Android Ice Cream Sandwich - mbm

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mbm...ALPHA/download
    Hopefully someone tracking this thread can help figure out how to get TouchPad 4G support in CM9 (Android ICS).

Here is what I have learned:

The appropriate device drivers are in the current CM9 Linux kernel and I can get the Android 4.0 MBM HAL that TTB mentions to compile and load. However, the CM9 kernel does not recognize the required USB devices when loading. Attached are kernel logs for the WebOSInternals WebOS Uber-kernel (which does recognize the devices) and for CM9 (which does not).

The WebOS kernel:

-- Starts up the ST-ERICSSON ISP1763 Hi-Speed USB OTG Controller [Line 216]
    -- Recognizes USB-1 on the ISP1763 [Line 244]
    -- Recognizes USB 1-1: Philipps ISP120 USB Hub Device with two ports [Line 372] at ISP1763 address 2
    -- Recognizes USB 1-1.2: Ericsson F5521gw Mobile Broadband Module (HP TouchPad MobileBroadband) [Line 455] at ISP1763 address 3
    -- Initializes the broadband device drivers (cdc_acm, cdc_wdm, cdc_ncm) and assigns device ports

The CM9 kernel:

-- Starts up the ST-ERICSSON ISP1763 Hi-Speed USB OTG Controller [Line 210]
    -- Encounters a USB error: 'irq 428: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)' [Line 230], does a crash dump, and disables the ISP1763 interrupt.
    -- Rrecognizes USB 1: ST-ERICSSON ISP1763 Hi-Speed USB OTG Controller [Line 276]
    -- Never recognizes the Philipps ISP120 USB Hub Device or Ericsson F5521gw Mobile Broadband Module
    -- Never initializes the broadband device drivers (cdc_acm, cdc_wdm, cdc_ncm) or assigns device ports

It appears there is a problem with the GPIO interrupt assignments. I have tried various kernel compile variations, but I am really just shooting in the dark.

Any insights would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Preparing the above post got me thinking about some other things to try.

I was able to make the proper changes to the kernel (board-tenderloin.c) and the kernel now recognizes the USB Hub and Mobile Broadband Module on start up.

I am past that hurdle and on the next ...
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbyJE View Post

I was able to make the proper changes to the kernel (board-tenderloin.c) and the kernel now recognizes the USB Hub and Mobile Broadband Module on start up.

We will make you the newest Avenger character, "4G-TP-Android-Man", if you get this working.

You will have to wear tights with an inductive charging coil in the seat so you can recharge on your touchstone every night.
    LOL Waaaahoooohaaaahaaa. I crack me up sometimes.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    So my Touchpad 4G arrived today in the UK and sadly I am not one of the lucky devils who's TP is unlocked out of the box I have the "CHECK SIM" message in the top left, and changing APN settings does nothing (which I expected). I have sent the IMEI to Siobahn and will continue to wait patiently. In the meantime I'll keep using my wifi one until I can show off 4G to all my green with envy colleagues in all its glory.

Also, I assume its normal to only be able to choose English United States upon setup?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    the good news is that although it was webos 3.0.1 out of the box, as soon as I opened the system updates app it prompted me for the update to 3.0.586 which is downloading now.

I just want the bloody thing unlocked now!!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Give us the code! You will be a hero forever! I will install android on 4G and willing to be an alpha user!
    And BTW does GPS also work as a byproduct of this port? Google navigation will be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by tabletrus View Post
    Give us the code! You will be a hero forever! I will install android on 4G and willing to be an alpha user!
    And BTW does GPS also work as a byproduct of this port? Google navigation will be awesome!
    Hopefully before too long. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with Andriod and am feeling my way along. Everytime I make progress and get to the next step, like last weekend, I need to do research and test out things before making progress again. Also, I am traveling on business a fair amount right now away from my development computer.

Actually, GPS will be the first thing I expect to get working. If so, then I will let you test it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9orynych View Post
    so, not unlocked, but updated to 3.0.05 86 without issue. Have sent my IMEI and SN to Siobahn and will continue to wait patiently. Using the same profile as my wifi touchpad at the moment and am having no issues

just hope i will be able to unlock it at some point in the future
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Hopefully before too long. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with Andriod and am feeling my way along. Everytime I make progress and get to the next step, like last weekend, I need to do research and test out things before making progress again. Also, I am traveling on business a fair amount right now away from my development computer.

Actually, GPS will be the first thing I expect to get working. If so, then I will let you test it out.
    Consider me another willing alpha tester -- I have a couple of 4G TP's so I can offer you to do side by side comparisons if needed

Let me know :-)

/Peter