Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I searched so much and could not find "Internet APN" field at all. Can someone please tell me which menu this is at. Currently I have the SIM card that came with 4G and subscribed to a $30 plan from ATT for 3GB. I want to test it for a month. It works well getting 3Mb/s speed in bay area.

Quote Originally Posted by 1daphcout View Post
    I had the same issue as well, and putting "phone" in the "Internet APN" field didn't work for me. Upon further digging, came across the correct settings for the Internet APN tab for AT&T at Internet / APN Settings (Tmo & ATT)

Once I put these settings, in I got the "3G" icon and the Touchpad was connected to the Internet. The settings I used were:

AT&T:
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: [Leave Blank]
    Port: [Leave Blank]
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Server: [Leave Blank]

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MMS Protocol: [Leave Blank]
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I have case's I could supply you with. What do you mean case halves. The Touchpad uses a plastic back case which the front LCD/digitizer assembly snaps into, but the upper half of the lcd/digitizer assembly doesn't actually snap into any part of the back case. There are clips glued onto the main board base assembly (which is attached to the back plastic case with 4 screws and glue.

In reality theres no front case half that attaches to the back case directly. You get the locations of the four screws for the main board base correct and the little nubs at the bottom of the back case are there and the main board base should attach to the back just fine and the nubs on the bottom should be all the back case has that holds the lcd digitizer in place.
    I wasn't being very clear was I. I meant the back & the front bezel around the digitizer. In retrospect, leaving the front bezel black would probably work OK with any color back.

One of each part would be all I needed. If I needed additional molds I can make 'negatives' from the first mold then make another mold from the negatives.

When you say 'supply' do you mean 'loan' or 'sell'?
    Would you be interested in buying cases if I make the mold?

I'd be making the cases from a high strength fibreglass filled polyurethane. I've been making parts for vintage & classic Ferraris for 9 years now with almost zero field failures!

Do you have any idea what type of plastic the clips that hold the case to the front bezel are made of? That's another part I might ba able to make.
    Last edited by Verell; 04/08/2012 at 11:49 PM.
    renater likes this.
    About an inch across my TP4G's digitizer has pretty much stopped responding. Also, about 1/3 of the screen above the CENTER button intermittently stops responding. Sometimes I can coax them into working by rubbing the screen edges with a finger or a microfiber cleaning cloth.

No sign of scratches or obvious damage, but it did fall off of my bed onto the carpet about the time the symptoms first appeared.

I'm assuming this means that I'm going to be replacing the digitizer soon(sigh).

TTB,
    What is your price & S&I (Priority Mail flat rate box) for a replacement screen?
    If it's close to the going rate on eBAY I'd rathar buy from you as I value the service you are providing.

If you have a bezel/digitizer/CENTER button I'd seriously consider it as it would save me time which I'm short of right now.

If you don't want to post prices here, please send eMAIL to: Verell@Boaen.org

Any tips on how to remove the front assembly w/o breaking the plastic clips would be welcome.
    Last edited by Verell; 04/08/2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Found the settings for changing APN etc once I opened Phone icon and use Menu/Preferences. The username/pw are blanked out. I have a SIM card from ATT there now. I wonder if I could get TP to make real phone calls with some hack
    Hi all, I've been travelling so not been able to organise any unlock codes. So those who have been messaging me, I'll have a go next week. Please remember, I rely on someone else for the unlock codes... I'm just a facilitator.
    Siobhn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Hi all, I've been travelling so not been able to organise any unlock codes. So those who have been messaging me, I'll have a go next week. Please remember, I rely on someone else for the unlock codes... I'm just a facilitator.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm .
    Hahahahaha nice tag ...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Finally sent out my TP4G to TTB. Now I am patiently waiting for it's return in working order. :3

Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Just a twentysomething enjoying his HP Touchpad. Oh crud, I just lost out on 20 bucks...where'd they go?!

Writer, student, furry in spare time. :3
    I got a TP 4G from a HP employee, paid a decent market price. Around $400 with a HP BT keyboard and case. Also looks unlocked. Trying ATT 3G now purchased a 3GB plan. Not sure if Android will work on it.
    Android will not work on the 4G.
    Siobhn

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Android will not work on the 4G.
    Actually it will.
    The primary issue - getting the data card to work is almost resolved.

They have an alpha driver for it. Just needs to be compiled for the Qualcomm processor/chipset inside the TP 4G

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...Cream_Sandwich

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mbm...ALPHA/download
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 04/24/2012 at 04:02 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    so it will, but doesn't - yet.
    Siobhn

Original Touchpad parts are beginning to show up on the Internet in China including the white 64GB back case.

If you're looking to make your Touchpad 4G into a PandaPad 4G, check these links out.

ȫ*װ hp touchpad ƽԺ+ ׿ 639682-001-Ա

ȫ*װ hp touchpad ƽԺ+ ׿ 639682-001-Ա

If you don't have or don't want, or are unable to set up a taobao acct, you can go through a taobao agent. it will cost extra for this service but there are several to choose from. I've recently used
    Taobaoring
    so I can vouch they are legit. - there are many others out there.

if you go this route, the inside speaker assy with main board mounting base will still need to come out of your Touchpad 4G because the TP 4G uses a different style main board with a PCI express slot for the data card.The one provided with the white back case you buy is designed for a wi-fi main board.
    Wrong again. CM9 WILL work on the 4G, but the HSPA+ reciever has no drivers for it yet, therefore it's like a wi-fi only TP.

so it will, but doesn't - yet.

Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Just a twentysomething enjoying his HP Touchpad. Oh crud, I just lost out on 20 bucks...where'd they go?!

Writer, student, furry in spare time. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf Warrior View Post
    Wrong again. CM9 WILL work on the 4G, but the HSPA+ reciever has no drivers for it yet, therefore it's like a wi-fi only TP.
    Hmm, maybe because I speak English and you speak American, you aren't getting the nuance. :-)

The question was does Android work on the TP 4G. Whilst it will run, I'd say it doesn't work as the 3G+/4G functionality isn't there (yet). I mean, what would be the point of having a 4G to run Android on if the very thing, other than the processor speed, that makes it different is not usable. Seems a waste of $200 to me.
    Siobhn

Hi I am, reading that forum quite a while having 3HP touchpads (two usual 32 GB wifi with dual boot CM9 and a brand new boxed 32GB 4G AT&T).
    Some additions, I am following all CM updates since a couple of month and try them on my usual 32 GB, but to be honest, until microphone and cam and some other features are not working it makes no sence to switching from webos, as I think webos is quite cool and working very smooth and if the comunity might grow with HP sales out Touchpad here in Germany last year for less than 200 Euros, the community is growing I think. And by realeasing the codes to CM, Thanks to HP I think there will be huge progress.

So as my 4G is netlocked i was trying to get the unlockcode from unlockitnow but they failed to get it and the unlocksim they send is not working (maybe I am to stupid but its not working in my hands).
    So I saw that there are some AT&T and HP employees that are so kind to help with unlock codes!?

Can you please help me?????

I also saw a offer from unlockallcellular.com telling they will be able to do it (but this one is for 40$, the trial I gave to unlockitnow was 9$, so has anybody a clue if unlockallcellular.com will be able or if it will just also not work)

Also I have the feeling that my 4G stucks so when trying to push the back button I takes like 5 trials until it works also the 0 on the virtual keybord stucks very often and is only working hitting in-between the 9 and 0, some tips???

The 4 G is updated to the newest webos and preware, developer mode etc. is already installed.

Would be very happy for help especially regarding the net unlcock
    Last edited by magicdinos; 04/26/2012 at 08:31 AM.
    Any 4G owners in the UK? Im expecting mine to arrive in the next week and am *praying* its one of the few that is actually unlocked so I can use it on my current data plan. If not, I'll be back on here desperate for an unlock code
    Quote Originally Posted by 9orynych View Post
    New owner of 3G TP reporting in:
    - arrived unlocked
    - I am in UK and TP is running with 3 SIM card
    - latest update installed without a single problem
    - Kindle installed with Preware and App Tuckerbox
    I hope I'm as lucky as you with mine - where did you get yours from? Mine was an ebay job, factory sealed..am hoping and praying its unlocked!!
    Hi is there anybody out there listen to my story?

In particular, TopTongueBarry and /or siobhanellis or who ever may help me!?

Three important questions(at least for me) to the HP TP 4G AT&T community:

Can anybody help with my netlock my IMEI is: 012705000112771(05)

Does anybody have a clue if the unlockallcellular.com offer in net unlocking for 40 bugs is working or a waste of money?

Does anybody also have the freezing of the HP TP 4G AT&T regarding to touch-sensitivity or is this problem based on the non connected SIM????

Please help!

Thanks in advance
    @magicdinos
    1. Send Siobhanelis a PM and wait patiently.
    2. As far as I know no-one ever succeeded with any commercial unlock product as the database with unlock codes is still not available outside HP.
    3. Not having a sim wouldn't cause freeze problems or touch sensitivity problems in itself. Look in the forums for possible solutions, e.g.
    - Uninstall some Preware patches if you have many of them, some of them might conflict.
    - Or make sure you're on the latest update 3.05. Although 3.04 worked well for me.
    - Or just reboot.
    - If it's still persists find a thread where they're willing to read your logfiles for anomalies
    - Worst case, you have a bad touchscreen.
    I just got an att touchpad and it has never had a sim card. No screen freezing for me, and it doesn't crash or require a restart any more often than my WiFi touchpad.