Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    The nationality of your SIM makes no difference when it is unlocked. It's the frequencies the provider uses. So look at your provider, and the tech specs for the 4G.

As for unlocking. Some seem to be unlocked on arrival. Most are not. Via one of my colleagues in HP, I've been helping to get unlock codes. So far I've helped everyone that has asked. However, I can only do this as long as my contact is willing to keep helping. So, it's a risk.

If you want it unlocked, I need the IMEI and the Serial number.
    hepl me unlock code hptouchpad 4g
    imei: 012705000214023 (05)
    s/n: 5CL13301J7

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    I think he moved to Australia and is shaking up Rod's garage. Last I heard they are installing 4G and webOS in didgeridoos.
    Hahahahaha Twack, you're too funny. I wish I was touring Australia right now. Actually, I've been working OT for 5 weeks straight, so I've not had much free time to prowl around. I could use a vacation (to anywhere) right now. I'm still here and checking in as time permits.

In case anyone hasn't heard, I've been stocking up a supply of parts for the Touchpads and also do repairs on them.

I have most of the parts on site and in stock. Only part I've been unable to stock is the power switch / volume rocker for the TP 4G. It's a unicorn part, only used in this model. Also I am presently sold out of batteries (all models) .... what a surprise huh?

If anyone knows where to get ahold of parts for the Touchpad GO, please point me in the right direction. Media reported HP left manufacturer in the lurch with parts for 100k TP GO's when DUFASS Leo pee'd in our community bathtub last August. I'm in dire need of a digitizer board for a Touchpad GO (and probably the ribbon cable that attaches it to the main board too).

Thanks,
    TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 03/28/2012 at 10:47 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Anyone w android working w the TP 4g? 4g working?

Sent from my White Touchpad with Communities
    Not yet. There's now a beta ICS driver out for the Ericsson 5521GW data card but it has to be compiled for the TP 4G hardware before it will work.

Not sure how much of a priority this is for the CM team.Obviously, there's several people in here hoping it moves up on the priority list.

TTB

P.S. Coming soon to this thread, pictures of the Ultimate Unicorn, a White PandaPad 4G ......

There's now two of these out in the wild!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    cbosdell likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Hahahahaha Twack, you're too funny. I wish I was touring Australia right now. Actually, I've been working OT for 5 weeks straight, so I've not had much free time to prowl around. I could use a vacation (to anywhere) right now. I'm still here and checking in as time permits.

In case anyone hasn't heard, I've been stocking up a supply of parts for the Touchpads and also do repairs on them.

I have most of the parts on site and in stock. Only part I've been unable to stock is the power switch / volume rocker for the TP 4G. It's a unicorn part, only used in this model. Also I am presently sold out of batteries (all models) .... what a surprise huh?

If anyone knows where to get ahold of parts for the Touchpad GO, please point me in the right direction. Media reported HP left manufacturer in the lurch with parts for 100k TP GO's when DUFASS Leo pee'd in our community bathtub last August. I'm in dire need of a digitizer board for a Touchpad GO (and probably the ribbon cable that attaches it to the main board too).

Thanks,
    TTB
    Hahaha.

I should really learn how to be patient sometimes, instead of publicly posting an APB for you. :P
    Hey - do these parts include clips? I'm in dire need of a set....
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I just got a brand new 4G, enjoying it! Cannot use 4G capabilities yet as it is locked. I hope to get one from some well wisher here. Saw some people are getting from a HP employee as a good gesture. I hope to contribute positively to the webos community. My first > 7" tablet. Also getting a wifi model for android use/

Thought of getting a new ipad, but i thought i could get 2 TP for 1 new ipad!
    Last edited by tabletrus; 03/31/2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Hey - do these parts include clips? I'm in dire need of a set....
    Yes I have clips, but sorry unable to spare a complete set of 8
    "AT&T PandaPad 4G 32GB - Truly a unicorn ....

There's at least three of these out in the wild now.

TTB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    renater, cbosdell and sshaka like this.
    I want it. Still weary of APril fools but looks legit. Make it a 64gb 4g one and I'd pay anything for it :-)

Sent from my White Touchpad with Communities
    I want it. Still weary of APril fools but looks legit. Make it a 64gb 4g one and I'd pay anything for it :-)

It's legit. Theres a couple other members here besides me who are also proud owners.
    They have to be custom built swapping the White case from a 64 GB Panda Pad with the black case on an AT&T Touchpad 4G.
    Not a simple task considering the way these things are put together so don't try it at home yourself, or you may just end up with two busted TP's on your hands to sell off for parts.

No way to make it 64GB. Touchpad 4G's are 32GB only. There's a few prototypes that were made long before production build with 64GB, but I doubt you want one of those early testing build devices.
    That'd be nice to own!
    It's legit. Theres a couple other members here besides me who are also proud owners.
    They have to be custom built swapping the White case from a 64 GB Panda Pad with the black case on an AT&T Touchpad 4G.
    Not a simple task considering the way these things are put together so don't try it at home yourself, or you may just end up with two busted TP's on your hands to sell off for parts.

No way to make it 64GB. Touchpad 4G's are 32GB only. There's a few prototypes that were made long before production build with 64GB, but I doubt you want one of those early testing build devices.
    is it a motherboard thing that's why you can't make a 64gb 4g one?

Sent from my White Touchpad with Communities
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I am looking to buy another TP 4G? What is the fair price do you think since it was never released to market. some people are asking for upwards of $500
    is it a motherboard thing that's why you can't make a 64gb 4g one?

You know we've discussed it multiple times in this thread and others. Derek has the search forums function working quite well and it does return results screaming fast!

It is a fact the system boards on all the Touchpads are the same except the system board (main board) used in the Touchpad 4G which is one of a kind and has a pci express slot on it for the data card.

other difference is that the 64 Ghz WiFi model (like the 32 GB TP 4g) has its cpu clocked at 1.5 ghz.

The memory is built in on ALL the main boards, so since there is only one main board made for the TP 4G's and it happens to have 32 GB of memory built into it thats all you're gonna get on a TP 4G.. The TP 4G is strictly a 32GB model (except for the few prototypes made that had 64GB built in on the main board).
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletrus View Post
    I am looking to buy another TP 4G? What is the fair price do you think since it was never released to market. some people are asking for upwards of $500
    I would say US$ 400-425 for a brand new one sealed in box ex shipping. I've paid US$365 for one 5 months ago, but new ones are getting even more rare nowadays. I still have a brand new and sealed one sitting as a spare in a warehouse in California. Might part from it when the offer is right. Just PM me if you're interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletrus View Post
    I've seen a couple on pop up on eBay this week with a BIN price of $350 ea
    ...They have to be custom built swapping the White case from a 64 GB Panda Pad with the black case on an AT&T Touchpad 4G...
    Hmmm,
    If someone would loan me a pair of case halves in good condition I could use them as patterns to make molds to reproduce them in 2-3 weeks. Using them as patterns would not affect them in any way.

Once I have molds I can supply replacement cases in black, white or even custom colors!!!

I've been making reproduction parts for vintage & classic Ferraris since 2002. While the cases would be larger than what I usually make, I am in the process of making a mold for a door pocket that's even larger. See my web site: Unobtainium Supply Co. - HOME
    Last edited by Verell; 04/03/2012 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    Hmmm,
    If someone would loan me a pair of case halves in good condition I could use them as patterns to make molds to reproduce them in 2-3 weeks. Using them as patterns would not affect them in any way.

Once I have molds I can supply replacement cases in black, white or even custom colors!!!

I've been making reproduction parts for vintage & classic Ferraris since 2002. While the cases would be larger than what I usually make, I am in the process of making a mold for a door pocket that's even larger. See my web site: Unobtainium Supply Co. - HOME
    I have case's I could supply you with. What do you mean case halves. The Touchpad uses a plastic back case which the front LCD/digitizer assembly snaps into, but the upper half of the lcd/digitizer assembly doesn't actually snap into any part of the back case. There are clips glued onto the main board base assembly (which is attached to the back plastic case with 4 screws and glue.

In reality theres no front case half that attaches to the back case directly. You get the locations of the four screws for the main board base correct and the little nubs at the bottom of the back case are there and the main board base should attach to the back just fine and the nubs on the bottom should be all the back case has that holds the lcd digitizer in place.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    So I've also got the 4G Touchpad, unfortunately I have no sim-cards with the data enabled. How can I test if it's sim-locked or not? How is it supposed to react to a foreign sim? Also, all the people who got their unlock codes from Siobhan, where/how did you enter it?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stangri View Post
    So I've also got the 4G Touchpad, unfortunately I have no sim-cards with the data enabled. How can I test if it's sim-locked or not? How is it supposed to react to a foreign sim? Also, all the people who got their unlock codes from Siobhan, where/how did you enter it?
    Usually when you enter a foreign SIM card, system will detect it and ask you to enter a Unlock code. You dont need a SIM card with data ebabled. Just take some old sim card and put it. I have plenty of Tmobile sim card (old 2006) and otehr countries for example, and I used them on my HP veers to unlock. after unlock it will say no connection