Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 933
Like Tree81Likes
  1. #481  
    I give up explaining it to you. It's like talking to a rock. I practically told you what you just said. kthnxbai
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
  2. #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Patience is a virtue.
    Just to give you all an update on the unlock codes. I know some of you have been waiting for a week now. Please remember that;

    1) This is a favour
    2) I rely on someone else in HP to actually get the unlock codes for me
    3) we do have day jobs :-)

    I will get back to you as soon as I can
    Siobhn

    Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

    I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
  3. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #483  
    Does the AT&T 4G support european 3G frequency bands fully or what kind of speeds would you get?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  4. #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Does the AT&T 4G support european 3G frequency bands fully or what kind of speeds would you get?
    Assuming you got past the carrier unlocking, 3G speeds will be fine but 4G will prolly only work in major areas under the 2100 band, touchpad does not have the 900 band.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  5. mullern's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Assuming you got past the carrier unlocking, 3G speeds will be fine but 4G will prolly only work in major areas under the 2100 band, touchpad does not have the 900 band.
    I can easily run 3G, but did not see any better so far. I am running it in Switzerland on the SWISSCOM network (www.swisscom.ch)
  6. #486  
    Anybody please help. Got the unlock code for TP 4G but where should enter it?
    Thanks in advance.
  7. #487  
    If you're still keeping count, my TP 4g purchased used from ebay, was unlocked even though the seller cited it was locked.

    I just popped in the Optus prepaid SIM and it worked great.
  8. #488  
    ...it died the very next day. Wouldn't turn on, the center button wouldn't light up. I assume the battery's fried, and I can't send it to HP. It was brand new too.

    Anyone willing to fix a Touchpad 4g for me? I'll pay.
  9. #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf Warrior View Post
    ...it died the very next day. Wouldn't turn on, the center button wouldn't light up. I assume the battery's fried, and I can't send it to HP. It was brand new too.

    Anyone willing to fix a Touchpad 4g for me? I'll pay.
    Check your USB cable. Those are known to fail quickly.Try another one first.

    Batteries are now available on eBay for $40

    If it isn't the USB cable, you can send the device to me. I've repaired a few recently and have started a business "Touchpad Doctors" I charge $85 just to look at a device and give an estimate of the repair cost including parts. If you choose to have me fix it, the $85 is credited against your repair charges.

    Parts inventory is expanding too. If anybody needs a particular part. check with me.

    Thanks,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  10. #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Check your USB cable. Those are known to fail quickly.Try another one first.

    Batteries are now available on eBay for $40

    If it isn't the USB cable, you can send the device to me. I've repaired a few recently and have started a business "Touchpad Doctors" I charge $85 just to look at a device and give an estimate of the repair cost including parts. If you choose to have me fix it, the $85 is credited against your repair charges.

    Parts inventory is expanding too. If anybody needs a particular part. check with me.

    Thanks,
    TTB
    Already tried THREE USB cords that are working, none of them helped to power up my TP4G. I may have to suck it up and send it to you then, TTB. Need I mention that I just bought it and after only one day of use it stopped working?

    $85 to see the TP and if I choose to have you fix it...then the $85 gets credited against the repair cost? I can deal with that. I just need to find a sturdy box now to send it. :P


    Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Just a twentysomething enjoying his HP Touchpad. Oh crud, I just lost out on 20 bucks...where'd they go?!

    Writer, student, furry in spare time. :3
  11. #491  
    As one of the first customers I can recommend TTB and his business Touchpad Doctors. Good comms, repair in days and displayed a lot of knowledge regarding Touchpads. For me he fixed the loudspeakers on TP 4g. Happy to share further details if you're interested, just PM me.


    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Check your USB cable. Those are known to fail quickly.Try another one first.

    Batteries are now available on eBay for $40

    If it isn't the USB cable, you can send the device to me. I've repaired a few recently and have started a business "Touchpad Doctors" I charge $85 just to look at a device and give an estimate of the repair cost including parts. If you choose to have me fix it, the $85 is credited against your repair charges.

    Parts inventory is expanding too. If anybody needs a particular part. check with me.

    Thanks,
    TTB
  12. #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari18 View Post
    Question: How do I get my 4G TP to SMS without pairing to a phone?
    Create a patch for the TIL (Telephoney Interface Layer) . No one has written one yet.

    Supposedly the CM7 / CM9 Android builds are able to do this.
    I cannot say for sure as I have not loaded either Alpha version yet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  13. #493  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf Warrior View Post
    Already tried THREE USB cords that are working, none of them helped to power up my TP4G. I may have to suck it up and send it to you then, TTB. Need I mention that I just bought it and after only one day of use it stopped working?

    $85 to see the TP and if I choose to have you fix it...then the $85 gets credited against the repair cost? I can deal with that. I just need to find a sturdy box now to send it. :P


    Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    PM me when you are ready to ship it and I will give you the paypal address and the ship to address
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  14. #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    PM me when you are ready to ship it and I will give you the paypal address and the ship to address
    Will do whenever I can. Thanks.


    Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Just a twentysomething enjoying his HP Touchpad. Oh crud, I just lost out on 20 bucks...where'd they go?!

    Writer, student, furry in spare time. :3
  15. #495  
    New owner of 3G TP reporting in:
    - arrived unlocked
    - I am in UK and TP is running with 3 SIM card
    - latest update installed without a single problem
    - Kindle installed with Preware and App Tuckerbox
  16. #496  
    Anyone w android working w the TP 4g? 4g working?

    Sent from my White Touchpad with Communities
  17. #497  
    Anyone know where TTB ran off to? I've had family issues that came up that kept me from preparing to ship the device to him, but now that I've sent him a reply, he's gone. What's going on?


    Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Just a twentysomething enjoying his HP Touchpad. Oh crud, I just lost out on 20 bucks...where'd they go?!

    Writer, student, furry in spare time. :3
  18. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
       #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf Warrior View Post
    Anyone know where TTB ran off to? I've had family issues that came up that kept me from preparing to ship the device to him, but now that I've sent him a reply, he's gone. What's going on?


    Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    I think he moved to Australia and is shaking up Rod's garage. Last I heard they are installing 4G and webOS in didgeridoos.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    sledge007 likes this.
  19. #499  
    I hope TTB didn't disappear on us. I've had this TP4G dead for almost a month now...I really hope he comes back soon...


    Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Just a twentysomething enjoying his HP Touchpad. Oh crud, I just lost out on 20 bucks...where'd they go?!

    Writer, student, furry in spare time. :3
  20. #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf Warrior View Post
    I hope TTB didn't disappear on us. I've had this TP4G dead for almost a month now...I really hope he comes back soon...


    Sent from my jailbroken iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Try sending him a PM. If you tap on his name, and go to his Profile Page, you can Send PM from there, as well as check how long it's been since he's been on. I'm sure he'll be back.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Posting Permissions