Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Are y'all's Sims custom for tablets? As mentioned above my veer sim from at&t won't work. Thanks.

Sent from my White Touchpad with Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Are y'all's Sims custom for tablets? As mentioned above my veer sim from at&t won't work. Thanks.

Mine's unlocked and accepts regular ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I'll be in Delhi in Feb ;-)
    Let me know if I can be of any help while you are here.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    The nationality of your SIM makes no difference when it is unlocked. It's the frequencies the provider uses. So look at your provider, and the tech specs for the 4G.

As for unlocking. Some seem to be unlocked on arrival. Most are not. Via one of my colleagues in HP, I've been helping to get unlock codes. So far I've helped everyone that has asked. However, I can only do this as long as my contact is willing to keep helping. So, it's a risk.

If you want it unlocked, I need the IMEI and the Serial number.
    Thanks. I might be looking for your help if I am able to get a hold of an AT&T 3G TouchPad.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    The TP can take calls and text's, but only via a phone. They get transfered by Bluetooth. As yet, no-one has modified the software to do calls, although they have tried.
    Might I add that the MAP Bluetooth profile is needed for text messages. This is something that the iPhone does not currently support.
    @siobhanellis - PM sent about unlock. Thank you! Traveling abroad soon!

Might I add to this topic... I got a data plan 2gb for $25 a month with a company discount. That is at&t :-)

3) yes it is, and we are back from holiday and giving out unlock codes again.
    Looking to Unlock my Touchpad 4G, let me know if you can still do this in order to provide you with the details of my Tpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpanam View Post
    Looking to Unlock my Touchpad 4G, let me know if you can still do this in order to provide you with the details of my Tpad
    I will post when unable to do this any more, so assume the service is still available.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    I will post when unable to do this any more, so assume the service is still available.
    Hi siobhanellis,
    I had sent you a pm with my imei no,Waiting for your reply.Thanks
    venky
    Quote Originally Posted by vishage View Post
    Hi siobhanellis,
    I had sent you a pm with my imei no,Waiting for your reply.Thanks
    venky
    I've seen the pm. No nee dot tell everyone :-)

Siobhan
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    I've seen the pm. No nee dot tell everyone :-)

Siobhan
    Sorry
    Having serious connectivity problems with my at&t sim. Anyone finding they couldn't connect often?

I covered this in another thread, but I wanted to mention it here. Splashtop works over 4G!!! All you have to do is sign into gmail on the desktop client and on the Touchpad app to enable "internet discovery". H+ FTW!
    I also have a question. I'm hoping someone has experience running cyanogen Android mod on the Touchpad that could tell me the settings to use that allow sim activation on Android. I rarely use Android at all, but I would use it more if I could stream netflix over 4g. And the holy grail would be using Onlive over 4g. Cheers all!
    You can't.
    Devices:
    • HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    • HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    • HTC One (T-Mobile)
    • Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    • Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Hello 3/4G TouchPad and Go Owners,

The Splashtop 3/4G Patch is done and tested on 3.0.1 to 3.0.5! Now you can connect without the "no WiFi network detected error".

To get the patch goto:
    WackWare - Patches

Cheers,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Works great here. Thank you!

Is there any chance you can look into getting iheartradio working on the TouchPad 4G at some point? Even while connected to wifi it is stuck on fetching stations for me.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Works great here. Thank you!

Is there any chance you can look into getting iheartradio working on the TouchPad 4G at some point? Even while connected to wifi it is stuck on fetching stations for me.
    Mine started doing that yesterday. I do not think it is a webOS thing. I think they changed something on their server side. I found that their website still works good though.

If I get time, I'll put a packet sniffer on the issue. Maybe something we can do on the app side to make up for the server side change.

Cheers,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Wow I thought I was the only one going through this.

At first I thought it was the 3.0.5 update but now that you mention it, it could be server-side.

And yes, the site continues to work fine.
    Great, yesterday was the first day I had a SIM inserted all day (data connection was off though). I wake up today to a completely drained TP4G which is taking quite a while to charge.
    Anyone any idea how long it should charge before it boots?