Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    OK,
    Just tried a couple of SIMs from other Phones.
    Here's the results:

M 3G SIM from a Motorola V190 I got for a European trip a couple of years ago: 'Check SIM' displayed in upper left corner of screen, followed by 'No Service', then 'Network Search' & finally AT&T. So I'm guessing M 3G uses AT&T in this US.

Verizon/VODAPHONE SIM from a Verizon global phone:
    CheckSIM->No Service->Network Search->Check SIM - SOS only

Then an event notice popped up saying:

I never got a prompt for an unlock code with either the M 3G or Vzw SIM. Is this implying that my TP 4G is unlocked???
    You really need to place an "active" SIM from another carrier to be 100% sure, however based on the results you have seen so far, odds are that your's is "probably" unlocked.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Thanks TTB,
    That's encouraging.
    Unfortunately, everyone I know uses Vzw, so don't have sim cards I could borrow.

That's why I was asking about prepaid data cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    Thanks TTB,
    That's encouraging.
    Unfortunately, everyone I know uses Vzw, so don't have sim cards I could borrow.

That's why I was asking about prepaid data cards.
    just the lack of an enter subsidy unlock code screen on any Non-att sim is alone a positive indicator.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    If your 4G Touchpad is still available for sale, can you let me know please?
    siobhanellis, please check your PM's thanks.. Happy Holidays..!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (FOR NOW) using Tapatalk
    Hello everyone,
    I wanted to buy remote desktop client, but I can not buy any paid app.
    I'm in Italy but i am registered on the U.S. catalog, when I try to buy back the error PMT03043, which I think is a mistake for the country of origin.
    If I choose accounts&Preference from appcatalog i get an error.
    Before deleting everything I wanted to know if it had happened to you and if there are feasible solutions.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zoopc View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I wanted to buy remote desktop client, but I can not buy any paid app.
    I'm in Italy but i am registered on the U.S. catalog, when I try to buy back the error PMT03043, which I think is a mistake for the country of origin.
    If I choose accounts&Preference from appcatalog i get an error.
    Before deleting everything I wanted to know if it had happened to you and if there are feasible solutions.
    thanks
    The AppCat is throwing all kinds of errors for me when I try to access Preferences & Accounts, but that could be a server glitch.

In general, as a European TP4G user, you need to log into you TouchPad 4G with an existing European account. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $TouchPad$ $will$ $then$ $follow$ $your$ $App$ $Cat$ $selection$.
    If you create a new profile, you're stuck with a US (English/Spanish) account.

If this is your first webOS account, or you do not have a webOS phone with access to European App Cat:

Install Impostah
    Create a new UK account with Impostah
    Perform an Erase Apps and Data
    Pay for apps with a credit card from one of the accepted countries, or a WIRECARD virtual credit card.
    Thanks for your reply.
    From UK catalog i can find all of app, present in us catalog?
    But I can not understand why the colleague next to me, that has the wifi version, able to easily buy from the us catalog.
    If I can not otherwise try to use impostah.
    Thanks for your reply.
    But I can not understand why the colleague next to me, that has the wifi version, able to easily buy from the us catalog.

If you see $, then you're in the US AppCat, and you need a US form of payment.
    If your colleague has a US credit card, that's possilbe. Otherwise, not.
    Thanks for your reply.
    O'm in Italy too with my 4G . I buy apps perfecty
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If you see $, then you're in the US AppCat, and you need a US form of payment.
    If your colleague has a US credit card, that's possilbe. Otherwise, not.
    sure my colleague uses usunlocked, and in fact I wanted to use his card, but I do not get to the point where I can enter the card details, it gives me error before.
    Can confirm voice calls work with Photon 4g, text messaging does not.
    Last edited by rossscott28; 12/28/2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    The first one worked. e-mail me your IMEI and SN. With that, we'll be able to give you an unlock code.

Please be patient, we have to do this one at a time, and I'm thinking there'll be an avalanch initially.

Also, please remember I'm working on a favour, so at some point my helper may wish they'd never started.
    I've just got confirmation that my contact is on holiday (We have enforced holiday in HP), so you'll have to wait until 2012 to get an unlock code from me.

Sorry about that.
    SiobhŠn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    No need for an apology. You owe us nothing, instead we owe you big time for the huge favor you are doing for us with locked TouchPad 4G's.
    hey guys I just got a touchpad 4g and am trying to turn off the logs via the ##logs# menu but when i go into the dialer and try it (after setting up a skype account it says)

"USSD request failed. Network failure."

have any of you encountered this with your 4g's?

any ideas?
    chaseincats
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseincats View Post
    hey guys I just got a touchpad 4g and am trying to turn off the logs via the ##logs# menu but when i go into the dialer and try it (after setting up a skype account it says)

"USSD request failed. Network failure."

have any of you encountered this with your 4g's?

any ideas?
    chaseincats
    Try #*logs#
    (or Google)
    Try #*logs#
    (or Google)
    wow that worked

why does the 4g vers need a different command?
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseincats View Post
    wow that worked

why does the 4g vers need a different command?
    This was always the correct command for GSM devices.
    I think ## was for CDMA, but not entirely sure since I tend to to forget stuff I find extremely uninteresting.
    This was always the correct command for GSM devices.
    I think ## was for CDMA, but not entirely sure since I tend to to forget stuff I find extremely uninteresting.
    cold
    I have been messing about with the lvm's and installing/removing Android CM7 and ArchLinux. I have obviously not removed everything as I should because my available space has consistently shrunk after each removal.

How do I make sure that everything in the file system and all the lvm's I've set up are removed and I am factory fresh for a Doctoring? (I found the commands at the bottom of the "How to Recover" page at webOS Internals, but it fails at the third command where it refuses to remove the active root volume.) What am I missing? I have never worked with lvm's before.
    Tweak it 'til it breaks, then learn how to fix it. Linux Is For Everyone (L.I.F.E.)