webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > 4G TouchPad Owners Lounge
4G TouchPad Owners Lounge
Like Tree77Likes

Old 10/06/2011, 12:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

bump
Mods, Please sticky this thread.
Old 10/07/2011, 09:35 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
bump
Mods, Please sticky this thread.
I'm hoping that we get a seperate thread for 4G. I'll settle for sticky though. BY the way, how you coming with the unlocks?
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2011, 10:59 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twack View Post
I'm hoping that we get a seperate thread for 4G. I'll settle for sticky though. BY the way, how you coming with the unlocks?
unlockitnow.com sent email my imei isnt in the db yet.

still waiting on digitalunlock.com
Old 10/07/2011, 05:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'm interested to know if the TouchPad can be unlocked, as I would like to use one on Rogers in Canada.
tylercranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2011, 08:50 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercranston View Post
I'm interested to know if the TouchPad can be unlocked, as I would like to use one on Rogers in Canada.
It's being worked on. Expecting news of an unlock by next week. You've come to the right place. We'll have news of it first.
Thanked By: TableTopFreak
Old 10/07/2011, 09:44 PM   #26 (permalink)

I have the AT&T Communications App on my 4G TP. Can I download it somewhere to my Pre3 or Veer?

Last edited by twack; 10/07/2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10/07/2011, 09:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

Thanks to this app, I now know what the cap is on the grandfathered iPad data plan: 2000GB

Quote:
I have the AT&T Communications App on my 4G TP.
sd_matto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2011, 09:56 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
Thanks to this app, I now know what the cap is on the grandfathered iPad data plan: 2000GB
So Smatto, what's your highest score?
Old 10/08/2011, 04:25 PM   #29 (permalink)

Just got mine, excited and little disappointment as I was thinking I will be having att navigator on it .

Few Q's
What data plan do you guys use?
any way we can use a-gps hardware?
why do we need unlocking? any other currier can get good speed and less money for data?
filjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 04:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
Developer

I need unlocking to use it in Australia ...

-- Rod
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2011, 09:18 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
Just got mine, excited and little disappointment as I was thinking I will be having att navigator on it .

Few Q's
why do we need unlocking? any other currier can get good speed and less money for data?
Q1: A1 = I have an AT&T 4GB/mo with tethering.
Q2: A2 = It has GPS
Q3: A3 = You only need to unlock if you want to use it on a carrier other than AT&T

Observation: AT&T Navigator has a monthly charge. There are others that are free of monthly fees.

IMHO,
Twack
Old 10/08/2011, 10:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

1. IPad grandfathered unlimited - 2000 GB per mo, no tethering
(though freeTether does work, quirkily)
2. Don't know, as built in GPS works great with maps
3. Unlocking for non-ATT carriers - if you are going to be on ATT all the time, no need to unlock.

Enjoy!

Quote:

Few Q's
sd_matto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2011, 11:36 AM   #33 (permalink)

Not sure. Take the IPK out of the AT&T TP 4G doctor. If you try this, make sure to do a root install of it on the Pre 3.

Quote:
I have the AT&T Communications App on my 4G TP. Can I download it somewhere to my Pre3 or Veer?

Click to view quoted image

Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/09/2011 at 11:56 AM.
TopTongueBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2011, 11:43 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
I need unlocking to use it in Australia ...

-- Rod
Rod, Cross your fingers, I heard maybe today.

Besides, We really don't want to have it go down to the wire with me rushing out the door to meet you at LAX Thursday with a freshly unlocked TP 4G!

TTB
Old 10/09/2011, 11:49 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercranston View Post
If you happen to find a Rogers Canada TP 4G (yes there are a few of these out there, far fewer than ones made for AT&T) you won't need to unlock it!

TTB
Old 10/09/2011, 11:52 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Q1: A1 = I have an AT&T 4GB/mo with tethering.
Q2: A2 = It has GPS
Q3: A3 = You only need to unlock if you want to use it on a carrier other than AT&T

Observation: AT&T Navigator has a monthly charge. There are others that are free of monthly fees.

IMHO,
Twack
I'm going to try to install AT&T Navigator from the Pre 3 doctor sometime later today. Let them try to figure out how to charge an MVNO pre-paid acct. hahahahahahaha
Liked by SunnyPhono likes this.
Old 10/09/2011, 12:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

Anyone with a Pre 3 and a TP 4G feel like attempting to sideload the phone app from the Pre 3 onto the TP 4G? I will get to this when I have time, but not for a week or two.

Note: You must test results using a voice enabled SIM. If you are daring enough, make sure to do a root install, and that you have the TP 4G doctor handy in case you need it. Please let us know the results in here.

Thanks,
TTB

Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/09/2011 at 12:22 PM.
TopTongueBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2011, 07:26 PM   #38 (permalink)

My TP is still sitting on 3.01, any reason it is not getting system update?
filjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2011, 02:16 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
My TP is still sitting on 3.01, any reason it is not getting system update?
Mine didn't update. I doctored to 3.0.2 Thans to Rod we have a 3.0.2 production doctor.
Old 10/10/2011, 03:57 PM   #40 (permalink)

@TopTongueBarry: Where is this picture of the Gsm-Module from? Do you have more Pictures, because i'll compare it (PCB, Chipsets) with the Touchpad Wifi.

In mine (and in all others) 32GB Touchpad Wifi, there is already the sim-Card-slot, but is is not connected to the main pcb or any other module inside the touchpad.

My intention is that, if the chipsets already the same, we can connect the sim-card slot to the right module.

Thanks for your help.

best Regards
Arno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
Yes, Touchpad 4G has built In GPS. Most embedded 3G/4G cards now a days have GPS built in.

Touchpad 4G uses an Ericsson F5521GW HSPA+ capable UMTS PCI Express card with GPS
I am checking to see if this model has voice capability built in, stay tuned.

Click to view quoted image
amigaguru is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0