Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TDKR01 View Post
    I have a very general question regarding the warranty of the 4G model. Is it the same as the other 16/32/64 models where the 1 year warranty would begin once you create a webOS account using the device?
    TopTongueBarry told me they are not under warranty as they were never released for sale to the public. They are internal development devices.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Tweak it 'til it breaks, then learn how to fix it. Linux Is For Everyone (L.I.F.E.)
    Quote Originally Posted by amenditman View Post
    TopTongueBarry told me they are not under warranty as they were never released for sale to the public. They are internal development devices.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Oh really? They were sold to the public here in California at one point in the HP Palm Store so maybe if I use that and say that since it was sold to the public, it should have 1 year warranty then maybe they will honor it? Thanks for the reply though!
    Got a receipt from the HP Palm store?
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    Got a receipt from the HP Palm store?
    It's my friend's Touchpad and I think she does have the receipt
    Try sending them a copy of the receipt and let us know how it goes. Having a receipt directly from them might convince them to honor the warranty.
    Try sending them a copy of the receipt and let us know how it goes. Having a receipt directly from them might convince them to honor the warranty.
    Will give that a try but contacting them via Chat and phone first to see if that works. Thanks for the reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TDKR01 View Post
    Will give that a try but contacting them via Chat and phone first to see if that works. Thanks for the reply
    Yes, when contacting them let them know that you can provide a receipt for your purchase. Apparently they do the same thing for claiming warranty on the TouchStone and case.
    Yes, when contacting them let them know that you can provide a receipt for your purchase. Apparently they do the same thing for claiming warranty on the TouchStone and case.
    That's unusual and I never thought they would not dedicate a warranty to the 4G models because they were sold to the public at one point.

Well, I tried the chat but that's a no-go because they're telling me to speak to a voice representative over the phone and their phone support is closed on weekends. Will try on Monday and try to push for the warranty and see how that goes.
    Actually, during the time of this sale at Palm store in Sunnyvale, CA, they used to distribute a piece of paper with terms and conditions saying that the sale is final and no refunds and returns support etc. On that paper, we need to write our name and few more details(if employee, employee ID etc) and sign it.. I did presonally signed it as well while I was purchasing..

So, I guess HP is not going to support by any means...
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :
    * AT&T32GB, 4S - UNLOCKED!!!! (total 5 of these, all with Android 4.4.4
    * Touchpad GO with WebOS (total 3 of these, trying to get android on these... but how?)
    Pre 3: Three of AT&T Pre 3s, One Verizon Pre 3
    Want to sell any of the above for a good price(Just want to keep one go if I get android on them)
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    I'm in contact with a member of the team in HP. That person has been able to get unlock codes on an individual basis, for team members. They are trying to see what they can do to help you all.

Will update when I have some more news.
    OK, I can't get access to the database. so we'll have to do this one by one.

However, don't avalanch me yet, as we are just trying the first one to see if the contact I have can get it to work.

Will let you know when I have some more news.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.

However, don't avalanch me yet, as we are just trying the first one to see if the contact I have can get it to work.

your first one is SUCCESS ....
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :
    * Touchpad GO with WebOS (total 3 of these, trying to get android on these... but how?)
    Want to sell any of the above for a good price(Just want to keep one go if I get android on them)

The first one worked. e-mail me your IMEI and SN. With that, we'll be able to give you an unlock code.

Please be patient, we have to do this one at a time, and I'm thinking there'll be an avalanch initially.

Also, please remember I'm working on a favour, so at some point my helper may wish they'd never started.
    Siobhán

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Just getting on the webOS train.. I'd like to say greetings to all, Your insight and knowledge is greatly appreciated.. I'd like to thank everyone in advance. I own a TouchPad 4G and am thinking of getting a pre 3 4G.. I am coming from a UNIX background (OS X, IOS)..
    Can you Suggest sources for a non ATT prepaid data SIM card that I could get to test to see if my Touchpad 4G is unlocked?

That way I won't have to pester spontaneous if it's already unlocked, and can verify that the unlock code works if I have to get one.
    Last edited by Verell; 12/15/2011 at 09:06 PM.
    basically any SIM, whether it is prepaid or not works. Once it recognizes a non AT&T SIM it will say check SIM and prompt for a network unlock code immediately.
    So once the TP asks for the unlock code and authenticates it against what's on board and it is successful do you have to do this everytime you swap out SIM's..? Or is it a one time thing.? I'm hoping on it being a one time thing.. thanks for your in sight, and please let me know..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (FOR NOW) using Tapatalk
    NewbyJE likes this.
    once it's unlocked, it's always unlocked.
    Siobhán

once it's unlocked, it's always unlocked.
    Thanks siobhanellis..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (FOR NOW) using Tapatalk
    OK,
    Just tried a couple of SIMs from other Phones.
    Here's the results:

M 3G SIM from a Motorola V190 I got for a European trip a couple of years ago: 'Check SIM' displayed in upper left corner of screen, followed by 'No Service', then 'Network Search' & finally AT&T. So I'm guessing M 3G uses AT&T in this US.

Verizon/VODAPHONE SIM from a Verizon global phone:
    CheckSIM->No Service->Network Search->Check SIM - SOS only

Then an event notice popped up saying:
    SIM not provisioned(2)
    Contact your service provider.
    I never got a prompt for an unlock code with either the M 3G or Vzw SIM. Is this implying that my TP 4G is unlocked???
    I am from USA:

I stuck my TMobile SimCard in the Touchpad, immediately the unlock code request popped up, entered code .. thats it..
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :