Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    I'm in contact with a member of the team in HP. That person has been able to get unlock codes on an individual basis, for team members. They are trying to see what they can do to help you all.

Will update when I have some more news.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    filjosh and kwarner like this.
    I'm in contact with a member of the team in HP. That person has been able to get unlock codes on an individual basis, for team members. They are trying to see what they can do to help you all.

great news for all 4G TP locked !!

@TopTongueBarry : is still live your experimentation of native calls and sms ?

sent from my HP Touchpad 4G
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post

Man!!! you are showing Too Bright Light at the end of Too Dark Tunnel... Many Touchpads are awaiting your help to be out of this lockup.. :-) Please please say our community thanks to your HP friend in advance...
    Still looking for a 32GB AT&T Touchpad 4G, anyone know of anyplace I can find one at a reasonable price? Doesn't matter if it is locked.
    Still looking for a 32GB AT&T Touchpad 4G, anyone know of anyplace I can find one at a reasonable price? Doesn't matter if it is locked.
    buy from Ebay.com , is the best solution . Mine comes from there , i've bougth factory sealed and for my lucky is unlocked !!!

- HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    buy from Ebay.com , is the best solution . Mine comes from there , i've bougth factory sealed and for my lucky is unlocked !!!

I've checked there, there don't seem to be anymore 4G models there, I only find the WiFi models now. Mind posting a link to a 4G model?
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    I've checked there, there don't seem to be anymore 4G models there, I only find the WiFi models now. Mind posting a link to a 4G model?

HP TouchPad 32GB, Wi-Fi, 9.7in , 4G (AT&T) + HP TouchPad Case | eBay

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Limited-Edit...item3cbf511720
    - HP Veer --
    you're a life saver! You deserve 100 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3Fan View Post
    Man!!! you are showing Too Bright Light at the end of Too Dark Tunnel... Many Touchpads are awaiting your help to be out of this lockup.. :-) Please please say our community thanks to your HP friend in advance...
    Just trying to do my best for webOS as I'm a big fan.

I am an HP employee (Enterprise Services) and am lucky enough to have a friend in the group who used to work with me in another company.

In my view, helping clients helps the company.
    Siobhán

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    in my opinion , at this point, all the 4G Touchpad on eBay are sim unlocked . Sure a minimum risk is present but i think you can buy it i think.
    Unfortunately it's an expensive risk, specially with all the effort and expense it will take to
    get the TouchPad to India. It would be heart breaking to find it locked and thus unusable with 3G. The risk might also have been worth taking, if I did not have 'four' WiFi only TouchPads already.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Unfortunately it's an expensive risk, specially with all the effort and expense it will take to
    get the TouchPad to India. It would be heart breaking to find it locked and thus unusable with 3G. The risk might also have been worth taking, if I did not have 'four' WiFi only TouchPads already.
    Why not get a Pre3 and use tethering?
    Siobhán

Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Why not get a Pre3 and use tethering?
    I already have several AT&T Pre3s and an European Pre3 too. I do use tethering right now, but it is most certainly not a very refined solution, specially compared to a TouchPad with native 3G. The fact that 'Mobile Hotspot' does not work and 'Free Tether' has a long list of bugs, does not make tethering a real option, except for emergency use. In fact, I now carry around a 2nd Pre3 just for the purpose of 'tethering' to avoid my main phone running out of battery, not to mention the furnace like heating up of the phone at times when using 'Free Tether'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    WOW! Looks like I got mine at the right time. I paid $ 230. And my friend bought my wifi model for the $150 I paid for it.
    Tweak it 'til it breaks, then learn how to fix it. Linux Is For Everyone (L.I.F.E.)
    I have an unlocked 4g Touchpad I would consider trading for a locked 4g. I have testedit with a T-Mobile Sim card and didn't have any problems. I have ATT as my service provifer so a locked tablet would-be fine with me.

If anyone is interested send me a message and make me an offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by syang1991 View Post
    Nevermind, I got it working. It turns out it was the APN setting. Under the internet apn I put "phone" and left the rest blank.
    I had the same issue as well, and putting "phone" in the "Internet APN" field didn't work for me. Upon further digging, came across the correct settings for the Internet APN tab for AT&T at Internet / APN Settings (Tmo & ATT)

Once I put these settings, in I got the "3G" icon and the Touchpad was connected to the Internet. The settings I used were:

AT&T:
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: [Leave Blank]
    Port: [Leave Blank]
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Server: [Leave Blank]

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MMS Protocol: [Leave Blank]
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Quote Originally Posted by amenditman View Post
    WOW! Looks like I got mine at the right time. I paid $ 230. And my friend bought my wifi model for the $150 I paid for it.
    You did very well. They seem to sell for about the $400 mark.

I sold my old (4 years) Mac mini to pay for mine, and my 64GB wifi iPad to pay for the 64GB TP.
    Siobhán

Just trying to do my best for webOS as I'm a big fan.

I am an HP employee (Enterprise Services) and am lucky enough to have a friend in the group who used to work with me in another company.

In my view, helping clients helps the company.

can you also ask to your friend Why they don't release the 2.2.3 update for the Veer ? We still waiting for this !!

Thanks

- HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Started to work on this last night. Looks like it may be possible. There's a telephone icon next to the H+ and notice the Network Type and Voice Network fields. Choices for Network type were the same as on the phones, 2G, 3G, and Automatic. Choices for Voice calls were Automatic, Carrier only, Skype, or Bluetooth. I was able to get the Carrier only field to populate with AT&T or T-Mobile depending which SIM I had installed but when I chose the particular carrier network, the phone app wasn't able to get settings off of the SIM in order for calling to function.

Starting to tear apart the til.conf and and til daemon ...Later today or this week

Click to view quoted image

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...1&d=1323116277

Guys, I've been offline for a reason, spent two days and nights working on this without success. I'm a hardware and OS guy trying to learn programming and development. I got as far as I could with my limited programming knowledge.

I don't think til.conf holds the key nor does the phone and messaging apps. I think the til has the capability to use the local sim, but it can only utilize services and capabilities passed on to it by enyo. The phone and sms apps rely on the til and information from enyo.

If someone else is willing to take this on, I will post what I have so far on the wosi wiki for sharing and collaboration.

TTB
    Sorry .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Don't stop TopTongueBarry !
    I have a very general question regarding the warranty of the 4G model. Is it the same as the other 16/32/64 models where the 1 year warranty would begin once you create a webOS account using the device? A friend of mine bought a 32GB 4G and the screen seems loose so we want to send it in for repair. HP should cover this under the warranty, right? The TouchPad hasn't been turned on yet but should we go ahead and contact HP regardless?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by TDKR01; 12/10/2011 at 08:20 PM.