Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by radiomando View Post
    hi folks. i have the tp 4g, and i am thinking its unlocked. i have no other active sim. but i do have a tmobile sim that isnt active. when i place it in tp, it says no service. this is leading me to believe mine is unlocked. anyone have any insight or comment on this thought? thanks in advance.
    If you don't have another sim, why did you get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by radiomando View Post
    hi folks. i have the tp 4g, and i am thinking its unlocked. i have no other active sim. but i do have a tmobile sim that isnt active. when i place it in tp, it says no service. this is leading me to believe mine is unlocked. anyone have any insight or comment on this thought? thanks in advance.
    Can I suggest you use the SIM from your mobile phone, just to see?

I didn't have a spare Australian SIM when I first got my 4G, but I did have a spare Italian and UK SIM. Both of them connected to a local Australian network. That's when I then went out and bought an Aussie SIM, and it worked.... mine is definitely unlocked.
    I am very happy to hear of so many TP 4G's being unlocked before they were sold recently. Sure makes life easier for us all.

One possible reason could be the latest round of eBay sellers may be HP employees who purchased these Touchpad 4G's during the final days of the Palm Store in Sunnyvale' s existance and who had access to the unlock code database.

As a matter of fact, as soon as I finish working today I am going to lift a drink up and make a toast to all the Touchpad 4G sellers who have been kind enough to unlock their Touchpad 4G's before selling them to us .......

Then I'll make a second toast going out to the Denver Broncos Football organization, who happen to be sitting atop the AFC West in first place tonight!

What a great Sunday this has been !

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Then I'll make a second toast going out to the Denver Broncos Football organization, who happen to be sitting atop the AFC West in first place tonight!
    The Denver who? What? :-)

Actualy mine arrived before the closing of the Sunnyvale Palm Store.

I do happen to know that many of the webOS developers got given a 4G. Indeed, it was the first I knew that they even existed. That's what made me start looking for one (As I always wanted the 3G/4G version), and low and behold they started appearing on evil-bay.

hmm, I'll see if I can find out if there is a database.

BTW, you need an excuse to raise a toast?
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    hmm, I'll see if I can find out if there is a database.
    There is. I've seen 4 unlock codes that came from it. Last I heard it is still under lock and key at HP.

Interestingly HP won't provide any support or warranty for the Touchpad 4G, but they won't release the unlock code db for the AT&T Touchpad 4G either ....

Based on the number of TP 4G's arriving already unlocked over the past few weeks, maybe the db did finally get out

If you happen to find it, please make sure it doesn't get too far away.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Started to work on this last night. Looks like it may be possible. There's a telephone icon next to the H+ and notice the Network Type and Voice Network fields. Choices for Network type were the same as on the phones, 2G, 3G, and Automatic. Choices for Voice calls were Automatic, Carrier only, Skype, or Bluetooth. I was able to get the Carrier only field to populate with AT&T or T-Mobile depending which SIM I had installed but when I chose the particular carrier network, the phone app wasn't able to get settings off of the SIM in order for calling to function.

Starting to tear apart the til.conf and and til daemon ...Later today or this week

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...1&d=1323116277

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/05/2011 at 03:22 PM.
    wolfgart likes this.
    Started to work on this last night. Looks like it may be possible. Notice the Network Type and Voice Network fields. Choices for Network type were the same as on the phones, 2G, 3G, and Automatic. Choices for Voice calls were Automatic, Carrier only, Skype, or Bluetooth. I was able to get the Carrier only field to populate with AT&T or T-Mobile depending which SIM I had installed but when I chose the particular carrier network, the phone app wasn't able to get settings off of the SIM in order for calling to function.

Starting to tear apart the til.conf and and til daemon ...Later today or this week

Click to view quoted image

i love youuuuu Top
    - HP Veer --
    Started to work on this last night. Looks like it may be possible.
    Shall we start a wiki page so folks working on this can collaborate?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Shall we start a wiki page so folks working on this can collaborate?

-- Rod
    Yes, Rod Thank you

I'll add the til.conf and daemon files to the wiki later tonight so others can collaborate.

First I compared the differences between the Pre 3 til.conf and the TP4G til.conf. Made some changes to the TP 4G til.conf. That got me to where I am at now.

Theres also some minor differences in /usr/lib/libTelephonyInterfaceLayer.so
    and inside the TelephonyDialHandler of the phone app
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/05/2011 at 07:33 PM.
    That little telephone icon next to the H+ has me drooling. I'm sooooo motivated to make this work!

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/05/2011 at 07:32 PM.
    Top, if you want a betatester i'm here . Go ahead

sent from my HP Touchpad 4G
    - HP Veer --
    What HSPA bands does the 4G TouchPad have? Does it only support AT&T bands or does it also have the 2200 MHz band used for 3G in most of the world?

EDIT: '2100', not '2200'.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/07/2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    That little telephone icon next to the H+ has me drooling. I'm sooooo motivated to make this work!

TTB
    What wallpaper is that?
    And if anyone knows where I can still find some 4G TP's, please let me know, can't find them at the bay anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    What HSPA bands does the 4G TouchPad have? Does it only support AT&T bands or does it also have the 2200 MHz band used for 3G in most of the world?
    2200 Mhz ????? What world are you talking about? Not this one ....
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    What wallpaper is that?
    And if anyone knows where I can still find some 4G TP's, please let me know, can't find them at the bay anymore.
    Wallpaper - Attached below

4G Availability - I know of one that's available - I posted about it earlier in this thread. Someone has committed to purchase it and said he would pay tomorrow. If that does not go through as planned, I will let you know via PM and its yours.
    2200 Mhz ????? What world are you talking about? Not this one ....
    I'm sorry, I meant '2100'. Either way, it would have been nice if you could have just answered the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post

Ericsson F5521GW
    Air Interface HSPA+, GPS
    Frequency Bands HSPA 850/1900/2100MHZ
    EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    Approvals FCC, IC, CE, PTCRB, GCF, CDG, A-Tick, NCC, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone,Telefonica, Orange, TIM,T-Mobile (Europe, not USA)

Presented at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, Ericssonís F5521gw module is the Worldís first embedded mobile broadband module specifically designed for notebooks and other consumer electronics to support 21Mbps HSPA Evolution networks. Designed to give users the fastest mobile broadband experience available in embedded devices such as notebooks, netbooks and tablets, the F5521gw module is capable of download speeds of up to 21Mbps with upload speeds reaching 5.76Mbps.
    Ericsson F5521GW
    Air Interface HSPA+, GPS
    Frequency Bands HSPA 850/1900/2100MHZ
    EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    Approvals [SIZE=2]FCC, IC, CE, PTCRB, GCF, CDG, A-Tick, NCC, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone,Telefonica, Orange, TIM,T-Mobile (Europe, not USA)[/SIZE
    Thanks. I am looking to buy an unlocked 4G TouchPad to use with 3G in India (2100 MHz) and don't want to end up with a TouchPad that is not compatible with the 3G band used in India. By the way, what would be a reasonably good price to get an unlocked 3G TouchPad?

Thanks. I am looking to buy an unlocked 4G TouchPad to use with 3G in India (2100 MHz) and don't want to end up with a TouchPad that is not compatible with the 3G band used in India. By the way, what would be a reasonably good price to get an unlocked 3G TouchPad?
    in my opinion , at this point, all the 4G Touchpad on eBay are sim unlocked . Sure a minimum risk is present but i think you can buy it i think.

sent from my HP Touchpad 4G
    - HP Veer --
    I was having a Touchpad 32GB (non 4G) and found a 4G one as a better toy to have.
    Sold my Touchpad 32GB for $250 and bought a brand new(never opened) Touchpad 32GB 4G and started playing with it.
    Initially the SIM removal (to replace it with my TMobile SIM) was hard since I need to use a sharp pin to lift it from the try to get it out.
    At last I am at "Need for unlock code" stage..
    You guys are really adding the fresh breeze day by day with the possiblity of unlocking this..
    BTW, I have verified the current Pre3 unlock code database and none of the Touchpad 4G IMEI number series in it...
    So, there must be some other unlock code database hidden somewhere(especially with the Palm employees..) Dear beloved Palm Employee member of this forum.. please be kind to LEAK the unlock codes into this open world of the thin air... :-) )