Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Did anyone notice that version 3.04 build 78 is available for download off the HP servers for your 4G Touchpad? No hacking needed!
    Yes, that seems to have happened today. Good news.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, that seems to have happened today. Good news.

-- Rod
    just got an email from HP Support telling me that they had resolved my case -- so a little patience was all that was needed :-)
    Yippy-ka OTA mudderfudder!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Did anyone notice that version 3.04 build 78 is available for download off the HP servers for your 4G Touchpad? No hacking needed!
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...04hstnhatt.jar
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/16/2011 at 04:20 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Yes, now that the OTA is out, it should also be safe to use that doctor.

I'll need to check if it's the same or different to the one that was out a couple of weeks ago.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, now that the OTA is out, it should also be safe to use that doctor.

I'll need to check if it's the same or different to the one that was out a couple of weeks ago.

-- Rod
    Good idea. To be safe, I'm going to use it to doctor that rebuilt testpad 4G first before letting it get anywhere near my daily driverpad 4G unit

EDIT: Profile looks good ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/16/2011 at 04:55 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Is motion detect broke in this build too?
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Is motion detect broke in this build too?
    Passed compass test
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    My secure download patch Is broken with 3.04. The bookmark patch to alphabetize the bookmarks is broken. The email problem I have was not fixed. So looks like the same problems with the WiFi 3.04 update including auto text function. Had to turn parts of it off just to type this.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    so what are the reasons to upgrade?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    As far as i can see nothing. Problem is the tp will upgrade itself unless you patch it so it does'nt do the upgrade. Searched for thread on this, but have not found a solution. Seems to me I did read a thread on this, but cannot find it. Sorry.
    so what are the reasons to upgrade?
    Video recording from the camera app is just one. So far I have no complaints about the upgrade. Have only used it a little though.

Twack, looking at the timing of our posts it's clear you sleep as little as I do!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Video recording from the camera app is just one. So far I have no complaints about the upgrade. Hasve only used it a little though.
    The only problem with that is the ugly-old-guy that is always in the front-facing camera. Stills are bad enough, but video? No way.....

TTB, Gonna be in SF this Friday? We're going to the webOS meetup.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    MrBuffet likes this.
    The only problem with that is the ugly-old-guy that is always in the front-facing camera. Stills are bad enough, but video? No way.....

TTB, Gonna be in SF this Friday? We're going to the webOS meetup.
    Can't make it. Too much work. Next month possibly.
    still no luck with getting RevSkills to read the modem on 3.0.4 either, so not much headway on the unlock effort
    So, the OTA update killed my youtube/flash for some reason. but the 3.0.4 webOS doctor seems to have fixed everything.

Anyone else had this trouble?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbell321 View Post
    So, the OTA update killed my youtube/flash for some reason. but the 3.0.4 webOS doctor seems to have fixed everything.

Anyone else had this trouble?
    no can't say I have experienced that -- however 3.0.4 does bring some fairly significant updates to the codecs and how video is handled -- movies I had handbreak'ed to work on other tablets would be hit or miss on 3.0.2, on 3.0.4 they all play flawlessly
    Got tired of System Updates nagging me to apply the OTA update & installed it last night. So far everything I've tried works fine.

MAPs now locates me geographicly more accurately.

The new camera app seems to work about as reported for the WiFi 3.0.4. Produces reasonably pixtures outdoors, noisey/grainy ones in the lower light indoors. IMHO this is due to the camera app not doing any noise reduction processing - not necessairily bad as it gives the max info available from the camera. Just use a photoshop tool to smoothe then image as desired.

HP, THANKS for not neglecting the TP 4G owners!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cjf243 View Post
    As far as i can see nothing. Problem is the tp will upgrade itself unless you patch it so it does'nt do the upgrade. Searched for thread on this, but have not found a solution. Seems to me I did read a thread on this, but cannot find it. Sorry.
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals ?

I have a touchpad 4g, which i got from the US, complete with the ATT SIM. I live in India, and when i tried inserting a local SIM, it asked for a unlock code. Guess, i didnt have the luck to get an unlocked version. It will be virtually useless here for the 4g unless i can unlock it. I also have a Palm pre 2 on which 3g doesnt work because of UMTS differences... So its important for me to unlock the TP to have decent mobility!