Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    Hats off to you Rod for the script & to Barry for testing it!!

Now that Barry has proven it works, I'd like to try using it.

Barry, I'm assuming you were using:

webosdoctorp304hstnhatt-3.0.4.jar

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

It looks like the ./scripts/meta... path is to the root of some filesystem but I don't know where it is on the web.

Also, could you give me a pointer to instrictions on using this kind of a script?
    Follow WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals but use the script above instead at step 3.

[I see you've already done at least half of step 6 ]

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod,
    Thanks for the pointer, I gave it a quick scan & am confident that if I read carefully & follow the procedure with your script I should be able to pull it off. Will probably wait until this weekend as I'm still cleaning up the mess left by the infamous Halloween snowstorm, and trying to catch up on the business backlog it created.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuffet View Post
    thanks for the drivers -- installed them and everything is working.

Just to re-cap here is what I have done so far

On the Windows host;

I have installed the pass-through drivers (v2)
    I have installed RevSkills

On the TP:

I have the TP in Developer mode
    I have executed the 'mpt diag' command to put the TP into diag mode
    I have accessed the #*usbpass#, and in there I have
    - set USBNet disabled (to avoid the RNDIS device showing up)
    - set Serial 2 Net enabled

Results;
    I have 2 devices in my device manager; the Generic Serial (now called HP TP 4G Serial Diag) and the R-ACM

now, I'm running RevSkills based on your recipe, and it is still turning out the same output (or lack thereoff). I'm getting the same out of the fields from running the "00" command as I did before, the "077422BD0E010000000000000000" command returns the same as well, and I'm getting nothing out of the EFS tab.

any idea what we are missing here?
    i got the same out like u, I'm getting nothing out of the EFS tab.
    are u deal with it?
    Any 4G owners in Europe?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Try ./scripts/meta-att-touchpad-3.0.4

It should masquerade as 3.0.2 to the profile server and app catalog, but report as 3.0.4 to apps and preware.

-- Rod
    Rod - Thanks for doing the meta-doctor script. Worked great on my 4G (32MB). I got tired of waiting for HP to get out the OTA and I needed the WiFi Enterprise connection fix in 3.0.4. Probably assured that the OTA will show up Monday .

Just followed your instructions and went strait to the HP profile restore upon reboot (thanks for the penquin). When given the choice of which TP profile to restore, it showed my 4G profile as "3.0.0", but after restore, everything was fine. Had to reinstall all the homebrew apps and patches.

I have tested a lot of apps, etc. and everything seems to work fine. Most important for me is the WiFi Enterpirse connection which now works on my 4G.

The only exception is "System Update" which just sits there waiting with no response. So, there may be a problem with future OTA updates. Perhaps just copying the old "palm-build-info" back into /etc will allow it to work?
    Updates are intentionally disabled when masquerading.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneyx View Post
    i got the same out like u, I'm getting nothing out of the EFS tab.
    are u deal with it?
    It appears the TP 4G unlocking project has stalled once again.

There is a database of unlock codes, however unless something has changed in the past few days, HP still has it under lock and key.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Any 4G owners in Europe?
    I'm not In Europe but in New Zealand. I just got a 4g Touchpad off eBay for a good price. Following the developments closely here. Still have to decide whether to ship it to New Zealand just for myself or resell in US. Still keen on webOS updates when they're still coming, but don't have too much time to dive in Doctors and unlocking procedures. Happy to contribute in $$ to Webosinternalz when it works nicely and someone managed to write down a step-by-step though. Your work is much appreciated. Still keeping my fingers crossed for some official 3.04 support through the HP servers.
    Edit: and the release of the unlock codes obviously, somehow can't get a lock on at&t cell towers here ;-)
    Last edited by renater; 11/12/2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: new info in previous posting
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    I'm not In Europe but in New Zealand. I just got a 4g Touchpad off eBay for a good price. Following the developments closely here. Still have to decide whether to ship it to New Zealand just for myself or resell in US. Still keen on webOS updates when they're still coming, but don't have too much time to dive in Doctors and unlocking procedures. Happy to contribute in $$ to Webosinternalz when it works nicely and someone managed to write down a step-by-step though. Your work is much appreciated. Still keeping my fingers crossed for some official 3.04 support through the HP servers.
    As for unlocking, check the TP 4G when you receive it. A small percentage of them were shipped from the factory unlocked.

If you find your's isn't locked, I'd suggest you go right out and buy a lottery ticket because its your lucky day!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Any 4G owners in Europe?
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    I'm not In Europe but in New Zealand.
    Thanks, but last time I checked Europe and New Zealand were not in the same region.
    I could be wrong though. Those continents can do really tricky stuff at times.
    Thanks, but last time I checked Europe and New Zealand were not in the same region.
    I could be wrong though. Those continents can do really tricky stuff at times.
    Didn't you know that when it comes to Palm gear, there's only two places in the world: Inside the US and outside the US

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Didn't you know that when it comes to Palm gear, there's only two places in the world: Inside the US and outside the US

-- Rod
    Unfortunately some App Cat genius at HP thinks Australia and New Zealand are two little towns east and west of Schenectady, and Europe is a former Yugoslav republic.
    Wondering if other EU 4G users are stuck on Pivot Retardo as well.
    Is there a way to check to see if a TP 4G is unlocked w/o a inserting a activated non-AT&T data SIM card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    Is there a way to check to see if a TP 4G is unlocked w/o a inserting a activated non-AT&T data SIM card?
    No easy way.
    sigh, that's what I thought.
    Thanks
    Unfortunately some App Cat genius at HP thinks Australia and New Zealand are two little towns east and west of Schenectady, and Europe is a former Yugoslav republic.
    Wondering if other EU 4G users are stuck on Pivot Retardo as well.
    Pivot Retardo? Is that the theme of the December issue of Pivot?
    Might want to check for updates today... :-)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Any issues yet?
    Did anyone notice that version 3.04 build 78 is available for download off the HP servers for your 4G Touchpad? No hacking needed!
    Excellent news!
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Tweak it 'til it breaks, then learn how to fix it. Linux Is For Everyone (L.I.F.E.)