Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Bought Maptool Pro specifically because it says it works with BT GPS receivers and
    folks here report that it works.
    Problem is it appears to quite literally only recognize BT devices with "GPS" in their name
    (or "pre" or "pixi"). My BT GPS device calls itself BTGP-38KM so it is not recognized.
    That's very annoying.

Are there *any* other mapping or pure GPS apps for the Touchpad that have been
    verified to work with BT GPS devices?

ian
    you can rename it once paired. Just press and hold on the name in bluetooth prefs.
    daemon take a look at post #158.
    installing android it's possible.
    work very well with sygic and navigon.
    Quote Originally Posted by judabricot View Post
    daemon take a look at post #158.
    installing android it's possible.
    work very well with sygic and navigon.
    Is 'Sygic' free then?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    you can rename it once paired. Just press and hold on the name in bluetooth prefs.
    Thanks much. That did the trick.
    Cached a bunch of tiles and verified that it's working correctly away from my Wifi.
    Dashboard is useful for basic GPS info. 8 sats and 4ft error through the front window
    of my house. That's pretty impressive compared to my old GPS units.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Bought Maptool Pro specifically because it says it works with BT GPS receivers and
    folks here report that it works. Ĥ
    Problem is it appears to quite literally only recognize BT devices with "GPS" in their name
    (or "pre" or "pixi"). My BT GPS device calls itself BTGP-38KM so it is not recognized.
    That's very annoying.

Are there *any* other mapping or pure GPS apps for the Touchpad that have been
    verified to work with BT GPS devices?

ian
    Send @MetaView a mail or tweet or what ever. He probably will help you.
    "..Are there *any* other mapping or pure GPS apps for the Touchpad that have been verified to work with BT GPS devices?.."

I haven't found any.. 'Navit' is hopefully in the process of gaining External BT GPS Receiver recognition.

I would like to download the map tiles for southern Ontario. How do I do this?
    Center the map to the region which you want to cache. Open the app menu and select 'Cache Area'. Select the zoom levels you want to cache.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    So there is no way to just cache all of southern ontario at once for levels 14 to 16?
    Yes just zoom the map out so you can fit the whole area on screen and hit cache and select the zoom levels like metaview says.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Why not? Move the map until you see the the whole part of the world you want to cache, go to the menu, select Cache Area, select from 14 to 16 and there you go.
    metaview,

Is it possible to add poi and search function to mapping tools pro? it'll make it a real gps. It like the map better than those other "real" gps apps (on cm7, but don't like cm7 that much).

thanks.
    POIs and Search? Why not just tap on the zoom value? It may everything you want.
    My Android phone has Bluetooth and GPS. I think I should be able to pair it with the Touchpad using either GPS to BT or Network/Bluetooth apps. I tried both and the Touchpad finds no GPS device using the "other" pairing setting. It pairs fine with my phone and I can make and receive phone calls on the Touchpad. Anybody have any ideas?
    you need an app that makes your phone output GPS NMEA data over a bluetooth serial port. I'm pretty sure such a thing exists in the Google app store.
    Quote Originally Posted by snwynkoop View Post
    My Android phone has Bluetooth and GPS. I think I should be able to pair it with the Touchpad using either GPS to BT or Network/Bluetooth apps. I tried both and the Touchpad finds no GPS device using the "other" pairing setting. It pairs fine with my phone and I can make and receive phone calls on the Touchpad. Anybody have any ideas?
    You Android is a phone, that's why you need to pair it as phone. After pairing you add "GPS" to the name of your Android phone on the TouchPad (Go to BT settings and tap and hold the device name to edit it). that's it, now you need such an app which converts the GPS location from the phone inot NMEA strings and sends them over BT. MapTool Pro will list your phone and receive the NMEA strings containing the phone's position from it.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Has anyone had success connecting the old Palm GPS Navigator with the TP? I was able to pair it but it will not connect. Any thoughts?
    If you can pair it, what kind of connection do you expect? Please, describe what you do.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    It pairs as "other" type of device and shows as an available device under Bluetooth. When I try to select it as a Bluetooth device, I get "unable to connect" and can't use it. So, it pairs but won't connect. Please, let me know if you need more information. Thanks for responding.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast