Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    How did you enable the BT GPS in Navit? I don't remember a setting in the app to select the BT GPS for Nav, as in the Maps program.

If you're only in your home, you may just be getting location via the wireless network triangulation....

Oh, and the Navit interface is nothing if not obtuse...but it will work as well always nice to have more options.
    I would like to know that too. I didn't remember seeing the GPS bars light up and went back to look a few hours later. It seems that it is not seeing the BT signal. I guess that I have some more researsh to do. Others have said that they have it working, maybe someone will jump in here and explain. Have You been working with it?

DJ
    Hey MetaView,
    I just bought the add and I'm LOVING it!
    just one small problem, is there anyway I can use the search address function offline? it will be a HUGE help when I going out on a trip
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cherhanson View Post
    Hey MetaView,
    just one small problem, is there anyway I can use the search address function offline? it will be a HUGE help when I going out on a trip
    You need to cache map tiles on your TP so you can use them offline...look in the menu in the map app, there is a cache option...
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwas View Post
    I would like to know that too. I didn't remember seeing the GPS bars light up and went back to look a few hours later. It seems that it is not seeing the BT signal. I guess that I have some more researsh to do. Others have said that they have it working, maybe someone will jump in here and explain. Have You been working with it?

DJ
    I could not get Navit to see my BT GPS unit when I tried...
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Anyone have a TomTom MKII and want to send me a picture of the charger tip? These seem dirt cheap from a couple sources but the chargers are all 15$+. Is it a tip radio shack might carry for their universal chargers? I read somewhere psp chargers work but it was only one post...
    New TomTom MKII Bluetooth Wireless GPS Receiver | eBay
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by cherhanson View Post
    Hey MetaView,
    no, unfortunately, the search only works online. I guess the database for worldwide offline search must be huge...
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    no, unfortunately, the search only works online. I guess the database for worldwide offline search must be huge...
    i see.. is there anyway to catch a selected part of it? for example, all the street address in Los Angeles or something like that?

Manually trying to find the street that i want to go is really painful without the function that i can just type in the address.

Thanks a lot for your work!
    Last edited by cherhanson; 10/09/2011 at 03:59 AM.
    No, not yet. I need to elaborate what might be possible.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    From another thread today:

How are you getting the latitude and longitude? Navit does not yet have a way of reading an external GPS receiver as there is none in the TouchPad. This will happen, just be patient. Are you creating a bookmark for your California location and then setting it as position? If so you must remember that West is negative longitude. If you used positive you will get a location way off your map.
    BTW, I submitted an update of PreGo with fixed checksums to Preware and also submitted it to the AppCatalog, for free.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Anyone have a TomTom MKII and want to send me a picture of the charger tip? These seem dirt cheap from a couple sources but the chargers are all 15$+. Is it a tip radio shack might carry for their universal chargers? I read somewhere psp chargers work but it was only one post...
    New TomTom MKII Bluetooth Wireless GPS Receiver | eBay
    Don't know about tips for RS universal chargers but the plug is yellow, 4mm OD 1.7MM ID. The RS part number is 274-1532 for 2 solder on plugs.
    TouchPad 4G has internal GPS built in, so Map Tool Pro does work without needing an external BT GPS. Verified it personally.

On that note, NavIt should also work on the TP 4G

For kicks, I'm going to test doing a root install of the AT&T Navigator ipk from the Pre 3 doctor on the TP 4G later today.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    is there a way to cache tiles from the app over 16 for a large area? I know using the jtile downloader I can but it has been acting funny and freezing up. I just want to download the tiles from the app directly. I have 11-16 already cached.
    The usage policy for OpenStreetMap tiles doesn't allow bulk download for anything above zoom level 16. That's the reason, it stops at 16.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Is there any workaround to get 17 and 18 level tiles?
    You could use Internalz to change the 16 int 18 Or you just scroll the map around in 17 and 18 and let the normal caching do its work.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Haha thanks for the info... Great job on the app can't wait to see what else you have in store
    Quicl question to Metaview, I travel a lot accross the east cost of USA and Canada Say from Toronto to Halifax and all the way to Florida.

Trying to cache this area is just turning into a nightmare. I would like to know if there is a way or external tool to cache a large area as a background task whenever connceted...

caching 515million or so tiles, estimated to take 313000 minutes...

Just got a BT GPS receiver from a canadian online GPS store for under 50$ with a venus 6 chipset, will let you all know how it works
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    You could use Internalz to change the 16 int 18 Or you just scroll the map around in 17 and 18 and let the normal caching do its work.
    So we don't have to use the cache command? You get the same result by scrolling at map levels, persistent tile caches?
    Yes, every tile MapTool Pro shows is cached for ever (or until you manually clean up the .MapTool folder on you internal USB partition). You can switch it off in the settings: No Smart Caching

@RICKV: I'm not sure if it is a good idea to store the whole east coast of north america. The space these tiles would need surelly exceeds the available space on your TouchPad...