Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree13Likes
    That workaround works.

I'll look out for the update.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I finally gave up on webos navigation and went to android route. On my other partition of Android ICS nightly, I purchased Garmin Navigon ($40) and it works like charm. I have an external Palm GPS device very small and pairs with bluetooth. navigation is big and loud and clear!
    Navit voice navigation works well on Touchpad with an external Bluetooth GPS.
    Found a bug in v4.0.0. I took a flight yesterday that reached 40,000 feet.

When tracking is turned on and aircraft descends, the blue-colored track disappears at the point of the initial descent. It eventually comes back (I think when the plane quits descending, but not sure).

Not a big deal, but I thought that the application quit tracking when it was still tracking - it just wasn't showing on the display. I hit the 'feet' icon to turn off then hit it again to turn back on and the track wouldn't come back.

So, it looks like it can't display the track when the altitude is decreasing. I didn't notice a problem when the airplane was climbing.
    For me it looks more like the position error was too big. Can you increase the max error value in the settings and check the track again?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Not 100% sure what you are asking. Did you want me to increase the max error value to, say 1000 meters, and then go on another flight? If so, it may be a while before I go on another airline trip.
    No. If the location service from webOS returns without an error and tracking is enabled, every position sample is stored in a database. These samples include a horizontal accuracy. When you display the track on the map, the max error is compared to this accuracy and only samples with a lower error are displayed. If you increase the max error and redisplay the samples track you might see the missing samples.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Okay, I see what you are asking.

I put up the track and went to the end of it and zoomed in to level 13.

In preferences, I changed the error from 100 to 1000 and went back to the map/track and the end of the track did not change.

Then I changed the error to 10 and no change in the track. Then I changed the error to 1 and the track disappeared altogether.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.
    Bought MapTool Pro....OK, I get the search, select area, cache maps for chosen level range. All seems functional to that point. After trying various info searches, I'm still unclear on how I retrieve THAT particular set/cache of maps to use when offline (with bluetooth GPS device).

For example, I cached a set after a search for Florence, Italy. Where is it now, if I'm offline & out in the town? How do I reach it simply? Very detailed steps would help, due to my level of ignorance...

Sorry for my ilack of knowledge...I'm new to the TP & webOS, and know nothing of Linux.
    If you simply launch MapTool Pro (when not connected via Bluetooth GPS) it should display the cached maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    If you simply launch MapTool Pro (when not connected via Bluetooth GPS) it should display the cached maps.
    Thanks, I can launch it, and it shows me the last map I was looking at, even if I don't have bluetooth or wifi activated, but how do I get it to show some other set that I specifically cached in the past? I see references to that, but no specifics on how to name, file, and recover a certain set. Is there something I need to set in the MapTool PREFERENCES menu to enable this?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011