Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 211
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    You Android is a phone, that's why you need to pair it as phone. After pairing you add "GPS" to the name of your Android phone on the TouchPad (Go to BT settings and tap and hold the device name to edit it). that's it, now you need such an app which converts the GPS location from the phone inot NMEA strings and sends them over BT. MapTool Pro will list your phone and receive the NMEA strings containing the phone's position from it.
    Worked great. Thanks.
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    It pairs as "other" type of device and shows as an available device under Bluetooth. When I try to select it as a Bluetooth device, I get "unable to connect" and can't use it. So, it pairs but won't connect. Please, let me know if you need more information. Thanks for responding.
    Have you tried running Maptool when the Bluetooth device is listed. If it has GPS in its name you will probably find it listed as an option in Maptool, even if you are "unable to connect" from the menu.
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    It pairs as "other" type of device and shows as an available device under Bluetooth. When I try to select it as a Bluetooth device, I get "unable to connect" and can't use it. So, it pairs but won't connect. Please, let me know if you need more information. Thanks for responding.
    Sounds like you try to connect from BT settings dialog or menu? That's wrong webOS can't connect to the device but MapTool Pro can.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    POIs and Search? Why not just tap on the zoom value? It may everything you want.
    We are not talking about the same thing here. POI / search = point of interest / search, not zoom value. For example, search for a nearby gas station while you are in an unfamiliar area, search for a business' location, enter a house address etc etc.
  5. #185  
    I talk about the menu which pops up when you tap on the zoom value. It doesn't have a near-by search but it allows to search for any address or location known by OpenStreetMap. It also allows to access the list of targets which you can use to import point of interests.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  6. #186  
    pretty cool. it almost resembles microsoft streets and trips 2010 though with alot less functionality. I liked microsoft streets and trips because it offers turn by turn directions/ fuel mileage/route directions but this application works great for the cost.

    The only things i didn't quite understand are the green feet at the bottom right corner and better instructions on how to use the jtiledownloader to cache tiles.

    other than that, nice job!

    thanks for the development.
  7. #187  
    "The green feet" - if activated (green) it will log your track (access this track using the popup menu which appears when you tap the zoom value), it's deactivated if the icon is gray.

    "jtiledownloader" - I don't use it anymore, I use the build-in map caching function from MapTool Pro. You can access it from the app menu (upper left corner).
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  8. #188  
    I took Maptool Pro on a flight with me, we got up to 40,000 feet and I noticed that the altitude changed from "xx,xxx feet" to "x.xx miles" at about 25,000 feet. Once we came back down, the display reverted back to feet.

    I also found there is no setting to keep that from happening. Having Miles for altitude is kinda useless for me. Is there a way to keep the altitude/elevation in feet?

    Thanks
  9. #189  
    Hm, there is no such option... But maybe I should keep feet all the way up for height?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  10. #190  
    Yes!!! That would be awesome!

    As a pilot, I don't know where using miles for altitude would be useful. Altitude is always in feet with at least five significant figures to the left of the decimal place.

    Thanks.
  11. #191  
    Hi MetaView,

    Last month, before an airplane trip, II updated the MTP app to v3.6. I noticed that the altitude still switches from "xx,xxx feet" to "x.xx miles" at about 25,000 feet when climbing and then switched back from miles to feet when we came below 25,000 feet.

    Then today, I saw an update to v3.7. What were the changes in this new update? Does the altitude stay in feet?

    Thanks.
  12. tabletrus's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #192  
    I am planning to download maptool pro today. I really would like if there is a Voice guided program (live google navigation or navigon or tom tom). Is there anything at all like that for touchpad. I paid almost $90 for navigon when it came out for iphone 3gs. Am i missing something or none exists for touchpad.

    I have a touchpad wifi and a 4g model. 4g has build in GPS so i am really trying to use that.
  13. #193  
    Doesn't seem like it's safe yo use something the size of a touchpad as a car GPS
  14. #194  
    Why is that? Because staring at a 3" screen is so much safer? or is it because of a loose object in the car? There are mounts you can buy to make it secure, although it is actually illegal (here) to use any type of GPS while the car is in motion. I personally can't see it being any different than police cars that have a full size laptop mounted on their dash.

    As for the loose object scenario, I quite often (that's a bit of a stretch.....I should say almost always) have my TouchPad sitting on the passenger seat of my work truck, wired up to my stereo and aside from a tumble or two, haven't had ANY (loose object) issues.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Why is that? Because staring at a 3" screen is so much safer? or is it because of a loose object in the car? There are mounts you can buy to make it secure, although it is actually illegal (here) to use any type of GPS while the car is in motion. I personally can't see it being any different than police cars that have a full size laptop mounted on their dash.

    As for the loose object scenario, I quite often (that's a bit of a stretch.....I should say almost always) have my TouchPad sitting on the passenger seat of my work truck, wired up to my stereo and aside from a tumble or two, haven't had ANY (loose object) issues.
    I guess I am thinking of dash mounted. Still I think the larger it is the more easily you can be distracted by it. Just make sure you drive safe!
  16. #196  
    I rarely even use GPS anymore. I bought a Garmin a few years back, used it for the first year, and I'm pretty sure it's in the trunk of my car now. Novelty item for me. It's pretty rare that I'm driving somewhere that I don't know how to get there. Oh and I always drive safe..... it's my job
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Hi MetaView,

    Last month, before an airplane trip, II updated the MTP app to v3.6. I noticed that the altitude still switches from "xx,xxx feet" to "x.xx miles" at about 25,000 feet when climbing and then switched back from miles to feet when we came below 25,000 feet.

    Then today, I saw an update to v3.7. What were the changes in this new update? Does the altitude stay in feet?

    Thanks.
    No, altitude still switches to miles after a certain height. I'm going to change this for all altitudes.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    jblather likes this.
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletrus View Post
    I am planning to download maptool pro today. I really would like if there is a Voice guided program (live google navigation or navigon or tom tom). Is there anything at all like that for touchpad. I paid almost $90 for navigon when it came out for iphone 3gs. Am i missing something or none exists for touchpad.

    I have a touchpad wifi and a 4g model. 4g has build in GPS so i am really trying to use that.
    I have the same question. I'd LOVE to find an app with voice turn-by-turn navigation. Does it exist? Is this a planned addition to MapTool Pro? I'd be willing to pay a decent amount for it since I could avoid the cost of a dedicated GPS system.. And it would have the big screen...

    Alan
  19. #199  
    I took v3.7 on a flight with me last week and indeed, the altitude now stays in feet!. I also love the new feature that allows flipping between the dashboards real quick. Very convenient!

    Bug: I installed the latest version (4.0.0) recently and I found that I cannot cache maps any more. I go to "Cache Area", then select zoom level 10 to 14 and hit "start". Then it says, "Starting Download", but stays there forever.

    I use Mapnik.
    I also tried rebooting and then trying caching the area again, same thing.

    I can zoom to any level, but can't cache maps.

    Thanks
  20. #200  
    Ok, you're right. Short work-around: display a track then go to cache area and disable "follow route". I will submit an update today.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions