1.    #1  
    I side loaded some apps using preware. Then a few days later, the app icon on my TP has the yellow "!" to indicate a new update is ready for the app. But when try to run the update, it fails. But I'm also stuck as the app will not work now that an update is available.

How do I ge around the TP automatically checking for updates for apps ?
    Just hit cancel, in Software Manager
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvestor1234 View Post
    I side loaded some apps using preware. Then a few days later, the app icon on my TP has the yellow "!" to indicate a new update is ready for the app. But when try to run the update, it fails. But I'm also stuck as the app will not work now that an update is available.

How do I ge around the TP automatically checking for updates for apps ?
    BUY the app. If you want good/more apps you have to buy apps so that people will want to make those apps. wrong site to be talking about pirated apps.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I don't think that's what he was asking, but point taken.
    Well he wanted to know how to get updates for his app, and buying them would do the trick
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugdr View Post
    BUY the app. If you want good/more apps you have to buy apps so that people will want to make those apps. wrong site to be talking about pirated apps.
    You do realize, that there are a lot of people who don't have access to paid applications, so they can't buy anything even if they wanted?
    There's not enough information here to state that the OP was participating in pirating.

What app are we talking about? Did you download it by finding it in Preware or by using the "install package" option in Preware?

The yellow exclamation point does NOT indicate there's an update available to the app. It's something else. I've seen it as "failed download" a few times and it may indicate other things as well, but "update available," is NOT one of those things...

With the limited information I have I would suggest deleting the app, rebooting and then re-downloading.

P.S. If we ARE talking about pirated apps, then yes, you did indeed come to the wrong site to talk about that.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    There's not enough information here to state that the OP was participating in pirating.

What app are we talking about? Did you download it by finding it in Preware or by using the "install package" option in Preware?

The yellow exclamation point does NOT indicate there's an update available to the app. It's something else. I've seen it as "failed download" a few times and it may indicate other things as well, but "update available," is NOT one of those things...

With the limited information I have I would suggest deleting the app, rebooting and then re-downloading.

P.S. If we ARE talking about pirated apps, then yes, you did indeed come to the wrong site to talk about that.
    yes he is talking about a pirated app he "side-loaded". If it was a legit app he installed from preware he wouldn't have this problem, the update would work fine. And as far as the not having access comment, that does not even give someone the right to steal.
    -
    Last edited by gl2011; 10/05/2011 at 02:28 AM.
    yes he is talking about a pirated app he "side-loaded". If it was a legit app he installed from preware he wouldn't have this problem, the update would work fine. And as far as the not having access comment, that does not even give someone the right to steal.
    Technically the only app I can think of that would have the same situation that the OP mentioned would be the kalemsoft player as the author allows you to buy the app apart from the HP application store, meaning that if he did do that then it would alert him about an update but since his profile does not has the app registered then he would get that error, then again that's a very big stretch since the website does have the latest install, which if the OP bought then he would and can very easily update from there.

That being said I agree most likely he pirated an app and corrupted his install since the it failed to update...

Not to mention there are ways to around the not having access to the store, might be painfully but in the end worth it, although I do hate not being able to save the ipk (which is what I'm guessing they are download from the store as) since games like NFS and Asphalt take forever to download (and redownload if you use the doctor often)...:P
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
    Technically the only app I can think of that would have the same situation that the OP mentioned would be the kalemsoft player as the author allows you to buy the app apart from the HP application store, meaning that if he did do that then it would alert him about an update but since his profile does not has the app registered then he would get that error, then again that's a very big stretch since the website does have the latest install, which if the OP bought then he would and can very easily update from there.

That being said I agree most likely he pirated an app and corrupted his install since the it failed to update...

Not to mention there are ways to around the not having access to the store, might be painfully but in the end worth it, although I do hate not being able to save the ipk (which is what I'm guessing they are download from the store as) since games like NFS and Asphalt take forever to download (and redownload if you use the doctor often)...:P
    there is a pretty easy way to extract the ipk from any app. then It would be easy to backup onto disc so you can have them all in case something happens it will be easy to re-install from there. I don't really know how the devs feel about it but its out there. sadly this makes it easier to pirate like the OP.
    While it's highly likely that he pirated the app, this DOES happen legitly too. It happened to me before when I downloaded a preware app that was free then the application was submitted to the app catalog as a paid app, so it showed an update but wouldn't let me update.
  13.    #13  
    Wow, sorry I didn't clear this up earlier. No, it wasn't a pirated app.

Anyways, to resolve it, just delete it, reboot, launch hp app catalog, reinstall, reboot and enjoy. Maybe my side loading was corrupted ?