1.    #1  
    Just got my rejection letter for my rebate as I purchased my Touchpad 1 day early from Best Buy. I was so happy Best Buy sold it to me early but looking back wish I had it the July 1st.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Just got my rejection letter for my rebate as I purchased my Touchpad 1 day early from Best Buy. I was so happy Best Buy sold it to me early but looking back wish I had it the July 1st.
    Me, too. I preordered from Amazon in June. Received on June 30. Received rejection letter yesterday. Seems like HP is penalizing the really early adopters -- even though many of us are Day 1 Pre, Day 1 Touchpadders.
    Wow, that sucks sorry to hear! I'm an early adopter as well but I didn't receive my unit until July 5th. They shouldn't penalize you like that, we all pre ordered at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Me, too. I preordered from Amazon in June. Received on June 30. Received rejection letter yesterday. Seems like HP is penalizing the really early adopters -- even though many of us are Day 1 Pre, Day 1 Touchpadders.
    It's the retailers rejecting the rebates, not HP (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK).
  5.    #5  
    HP is really getting on my nerves!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    It's the retailers rejecting the rebates, not HP (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK).
    Why would that be? It was an HP rebate program, so it doesn't affect retailers at all. Well, ok it affected retailers insofar as some were supposed to be left out since they were selling bundles (QVC) - although I got my $50 rebate check last night and purchased from QVC.

Back on point though, I think HP just messed up and used July 1st since that was supposed to be the official availability date, not June 30th or before. I think those that are affected by this should call HP and complain, as it seems to go against the spirit of the rebate.
    So much for "making it right"... Just got my rejection letter, too.
    Me, too. Pre-ordered from Amazon. At least I got the $450 refund, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx2001 View Post
    Me, too. Pre-ordered from Amazon. At least I got the $450 refund, tho.
    Call HP. I did yesterday, and within an hour my rebate status changed from "denied" to "check is on the way." They are trying to make things right, but you gotta call.
    I got confirmation that my rebate was accepted and I pre-ordered from Amazon. I guess I'll have to check that out again.
    Ok, so they said there was a problem. Looks like I will be calling HP too.
    That took a little effort, but I am getting my rebate.
    Bought mine on 6/30 at 7PM at Best Buy. Rebate already on way.
    Coming from HP, it sounds a lot like the check is in the mail and they are making Pre 3's again. oh yeah and they say they don't have any STD's either.

I'll believe it when it gets here.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Which number do you call?