1.    #1  
    Having about $15 credit in Amazon Instant Video I decided to buy a movie.Now the movie is in my Amazon Instant Video › Your Video Library but I have no idea how to play it on the touchpad.
    Should I just go ahead click the "download" button and have it download it to my TP and that's it,the movie will play right away ?
    Or do i need to download it to my PC ,convert it and what not,and transfer it to my TP?
    Does the TP have a native player or do I need to buy kalemsoft media player
    Quote Originally Posted by Binarr View Post
    Having about $15 credit in Amazon Instant Video I decided to buy a movie.Now the movie is in my Amazon Instant Video › Your Video Library but I have no idea how to play it on the touchpad.
    Should I just go ahead click the "download" button and have it download it to my TP and that's it,the movie will play right away ?
    Or do i need to download it to my PC ,convert it and what not,and transfer it to my TP?
    Does the TP have a native player or do I need to buy kalemsoft media player
    I would imagine you could log into the website and play it from there. As for your other questions, it depends on the type of file Amazon gives you. If it's an mp4, then it should play in the stock app, most others will play in the Kalemsoft app, or you could convert it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Downloads are DRMed I believe - you need to use the website and flash
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    There should be a green "Watch Now" button. Clicking that should open a streaming window.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    ok I tried watching Star Trek today on the Touchpad. The viewer opened, but the stream never started.

Tried on a PC and it worked.

Amazon.com Help: Watch Now on a Mac or PC

I suspect that the Problem is related to the Amazon Cloud Player, which does work after saying it won't. And by that I mean that Amazon does not recognize the TouchPad browser or Amazon's Flash is not compatible with the flash running on the TouchPad.

Not that i would use this, but I would like to see it work.

Maybe there is a clue here: Flash Player | Adobe Flash Player 11 | Overview ?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    So far Amazon is only listing the Kindle Fire as a compatible Mobile Device. I sent them a message about Touchpad support.

http://amzn.to/p8KDJ8
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    So far Amazon is only listing the Kindle Fire as a compatible Mobile Device. I sent them a message about HP TouchPad support.

http://amzn.to/p8KDJ8
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Ok, I guess it would be cool if Amazon made their Silk Browser available for the TouchPad. Jon Rubinstein, are you listening?

Amazon’s Kindle Fire Silk browser has serious security concerns | ZDNet Amazon’s Kindle Fire Silk browser has serious security concerns | ZDNet
    Amazon prime video plays fine for me... i just pop it open in the web browser and click play.

In fact, I think it's about the only thing that simply works and streams in 720p without issue.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Look what we have here!

The Amazon Instant Video Ecosystem is alive and well on the HP TouchPad!

Last edited by dna550; 10/04/2011 at 09:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
    Ok, I guess it would be cool if Amazon made their Silk Browser available for the TouchPad. Jon Rubinstein, are you listening?

He wouldn't make a bad business decision like that, who do you think he is the CEO of Hewlett Packard?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    btw I just tried The Twilight Zone in HD on my touchpad and it worked perfect
  13.    #13  
    while i understand the files play if you connect on-line and stream the movie... is there any way to play the files off-line?

i'm flying to Europe soon and the only reason I bought the movie from Amazon was to play it on the touchpad while having no internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Binarr View Post
    while i understand the files play if you connect on-line and stream the movie... is there any way to play the files off-line?

i'm flying to Europe soon and the only reason I bought the movie from Amazon was to play it on the touchpad while having no internet
    Doubt it, count on it being drmed to hell. It's not just a touchpad issue, it's a losing proposition on pretty mcuh any tablet for amazon video.

You could probably do the pc-video rental store though.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    no you would need this to watch them offline / need a windows pc

Amazon Instant Video: Download the Unbox Player
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Amazon mentions the Unbox Video Player 2.1.0.110 Windows only?

Download Unbox Video Player 2.1.0.110 Free - THE player utility for viewing Amazon Unbox Video files - Softpedia

Have you considered:

HP Moviestore powered by RoxioNow™

The all-new HP MovieStore powered by RoxioNow™.

It's Hollywood's recently released big screen movies and current TV episodes on your TouchPad. Catch up on something you missed, or get hooked on something new.

Order the movie on your TouchPad and watch it on your TouchPad or PC without paying again!

The all-new HP TouchPad and HP MovieStore powered by RoxioNow™.