Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just wanted everyone to know that I absolutely love mine! That is all. I've yet to have any issues with it breaking, all of my apps do what I expect them to do (and I've yet to pay for one) and this thing is starting to go everywhere with me. I'm having to plan my days down to the hour thanks to full time work and a graduate level class (as I finish my undergrad) so the TouchPad makes that easier! I've installed preware on it, overclocked it to 1.5gHz and have run the UI patches to make it a little smoother. I haven't had wifi issues and I'm not afraid to restart the device if I do encounter anything peculiar. All in all, I don't see what all the fuss is about with all the dribble I see getting posted about peoples TouchPads not working. Perhaps I am fortunate in my purchase but I'm enjoying this thing immensely!

Cheers.
    Same here, so far no problems. The browser sometimes hangs a bit connecting to a site, but I think it's the site. Most times it's pretty fast. The USA News app is super fast.
    It loads my photo collection fast as well. Email app works well with multiple accounts.
    The touch screen is excellent, I'm happy with it.
    love mine too & so happy i got a 32GB unit as I already used up 20 GB in the first few weeks of owning it !

WebOS rules & the only thing cooler is my soon to arrive AmigaOne X1000 running Amiga OS4.2 :-)

Party on dudes and let the girlies play with their shiny pretty cased Apple products LOL
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    no problems here either...
    Yeah, same here, no lags or crashing since the 3.02 update and I have been using my TouchPad everyday. I use it a lot for travel and light computer needs, perfect for what it was designed for.
    I would bet the ratio of good to bad is actually quite good. I never ever complain about my knee, because it never did anything to me.... I should really be more effusive in my praise of my knee.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Furuboru likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    love mine too & so happy i got a 32GB unit as I already used up 20 GB in the first few weeks of owning it !

WebOS rules & the only thing cooler is my soon to arrive AmigaOne X1000 running Amiga OS4.2 :-)

Party on dudes and let the girlies play with their shiny pretty cased Apple products LOL
    I love mine too, it has quirks but what doesn't?

I didn't realise when I bought it that the price also included all the drama, it's a bonus watching everything evolving and everyone trying to second-guess where the whole shebang is heading.

But, and here is the twisty bit of this post, I am just about to buy an iPad 2. Why so?

So I can use my universal iPod apps and buy new music-making wonders like the 'Touchable' app. Stuff that is unlikely to come to Android, let alone webOS.

Should I buy the equivalent hardware controller, a $350 APC40 or an iPad and a $25 app that betters the hardware in several areas? And all the other stuff the iPad can do, obviously. Seems like a simple decision to me.

So, horses for courses, just because I am buying a Apple product (which will probably never leave the house, let alone be flashed around like a fashion trinket) doesn't mean I won't be using the Touchpad for some things.

And they will both be kept shiny
    4 Touchpads in the family.

Zero problems.
    loving mine, streaming live radio from any where on the net (thanks flash). planning, mapping, (thanks pre- and unlimited sprint plan), streaming movies from home theater pc. the only thing im using my pc for is playing sc2 and movie night in the home theater.
    TP owns like nothing else...
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I'm happy with mine, and make sure I restart it everyday just to make sure I don't have any lag when I show it off as to what it can do. A pain, yes I know, but a necessary evil...

Oh yeah, BTW...

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    First night with my Touchpad. Probably won't be able to sleep.

I have been using an iPad since March.

Guess what I am noticing on the TouchPad?

Web sites with Flash actually work like they do on a PC or Mac!

How amazing is that?

I am looking at you, Steve!
    my touchpad is amazing...
    I have zipwhip to text message...I have AOL messaging to facebook chat and I have a flash capable browser...life's good...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    I didn't realise when I bought it that the price also included all the drama, it's a bonus watching everything evolving and everyone trying to second-guess where the whole shebang is heading.
    Actually, there was a disclaimer.

What really annoys me is when people complain to devs in these threads that are trying to fix things like its their fault things don't work perfectly to begin with. Sometimes it seems that there are some whiners with entitlement issues lurking around here... A tablet for less than 200 bucks that does so much is frickin amazing.
    diamond_jigsaw likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    Actually, there was a disclaimer.

Click to view quoted image
    That'll teach me, oh well, I can handle a bit of extra drama in my life.

I sold my Kindle for as much as the TP cost so I really have nothing to complain about.
    I have one word for those TP naysayers, esp if they got them at firesale prices (which is 95% of us).

WAAAAAAHHH!!!
    Exactly!

This forum is flooded with complains, big or small, about the touchpad, while my friends and I are enjoying every single bit of the little pad and getting excited everyday finding new uses for it.

A lot of the issues are a matter of common sense. For example, some1 whined about the marks the touchpad case leaves on the screen. I mean, COME ON PEOPLE. Is it really so difficult to figure that out?

If touchpad is such a lousy gadget to keep, just sell it at cost on eBay and I am sure you would not have any difficulty in finding a person willing to live with those little issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_jigsaw View Post
    Just wanted everyone to know that I absolutely love mine!

Cheers.
    This is the internet... most people use it to whine all day.

If you've ever worked in a Customer Service dept you know that noone ever calls to tell you how awesome you are.

--Chris
    diamond_jigsaw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    What really annoys me is when people complain to devs in these threads that are trying to fix things like its their fault things don't work perfectly to begin with. Sometimes it seems that there are some whiners with entitlement issues lurking around here... A tablet for less than 200 bucks that does so much is frickin amazing.
    what ticks me off are all the people complaining of spending $10 instead of $5 for the Splashtop App. I would have paid $20 for that app and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    weird, op do you use PDFs?

honestly tho, I'm loving it, once I got proxy settings to work, PDFs to look better, got rid of the lag and oc'd it, it works nice!

nothing beats how fluid an iPad works but flash, multitasking, accounts, etc are super on this. I honestly didn't mind all the work arounds I dig this sort of thing and no need to root it for endless file modification.
    DeadVim likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast