1.    #1  
    Just got a demo unit. Had a question, i know you can make it so it has access to everything, just like a regular one, however is this the best course still?

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ctivation.html

or should I follow this one?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...tail-unit.html

or should I just doctor it?

I am not sure and I dont want to mess it up before it even gets going lol

thanks!
  2.    #2  
    I wanted to follow up to my own post. I have read those two links a couple of times. I still have couple of questions, is anybody out there can help.

I bought this as a gift for my bf. I would like to obviously get rid of the demo and set it up with my account to see it all works well. However I was reading that if I do a restore (to wipe my account and give to him) that the demo version comes back? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Also, do you suggest I try the links to doctor it above or should I just call HP to "fix" and send back. This is not going to be used until xmas so I can wait a bit to get it back.

If it was for me, I would doctor but im afraid if he tries to do something and somethins goes wrong he is not at all techy to fix it. So thats why I am asking, because those two thread sorta have conflicting info.

Also as I read that HP released the serial numbers, does that mean I can just sign in to it and everything will go away? I dont think so because the guy I bough it from said that his was always in demo mode when "sleep" and the app catalog didnt work.

please any suggestions?
    set up a profile for him and leave it on the TP. Just create a throw away mail address. He can change the email address to something else if he wants to, at palm.com/profile
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    set up a profile for him and leave it on the TP. Just create a throw away mail address. He can change the email address to something else if he wants to, at palm.com/profile
    you think this will be better than returning to HP? I think once it finishes loading I will try that and restore and see what happens.
    The demo unit is the one that plays that video over and over right?

Before you do anything...can you save that video? I would like that on my Touchpad.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    The demo unit is the one that plays that video over and over right?

Before you do anything...can you save that video? I would like that on my Touchpad.
    yeah it is, how do you do that?

i just did a full erase to see if it would just easily let me register lol no luck. ill play with it tomorrow, going to leave it finish charging and tomorrow is a new day.

if you tell me how to get that video i will happily forward to you.
    Oh, I wouldn't know how to do that. I would just think that if the video is in the Library under Photo Roll in My Touchpad in Photos & Videos then you could pull it off of USB.

But if the video is an app. Then you couldn't get it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't know how to do that. I would just think that if the video is in the Library under Photo Roll in My Touchpad in Photos & Videos then you could pull it off of USB.

But if the video is an app. Then you couldn't get it.
    I will check it out at some point at work and let you know. It finally charged last night, so I'm also going to see what I do as far as taking demo out....ill update in a bit (i think my boss will leave around lunch hehehehe
  9.    #9  
    ok so i followed all the procedures listed in the link above, i got the thing registered and all and i can access the app catalog but the serial number was still locked. I also noticed that one corner of eh device seemed to be sinking in. So i called hp and they are sending me a box to send the device back to get it working properly and to fix the corner. They said 7-10 days so let's see. Thanks everyone, I will update when I get the thing back.
  10.    #10  
    so i got return box today but no email with instructions.
  11.    #11  
    sent off to hp yesterday, i will update when it gets back.
  12.    #12  
    Ok so i received the unit back today. The sunken screen issue was still there but since its not that bad and i dont plan to send it back, i will leave that alone for now. also, they did put new software or whatever it is on it (i got the same unit back not a refub) because i was able to log in fro my account and also they changed the product number. Just wanted to update for anyone else who may be dealing with a demo unit.