Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Believe it or not, I got mine in the mail today! Needless to say I was a little surprised. I figured with the price drops, that was out the window. Thanks HP for keeping your word on something! (Dev Relations not included in that sarcastic remark).
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarth View Post
    Believe it or not, I got mine in the mail today! Needless to say I was a little surprised. I figured with the price drops, that was out the window. Thanks HP for keeping your word on something! (Dev Relations not included in that sarcastic remark).
    Wow...still waiting, but good to hear them arriving. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I got mine a few days ago too. Even though the TP I bought to get the rebate was returned to Amazon. Makes one of my three other TPs now only cost $100 :-) Nice to see HP get the rebate out. Took about 8 weeks.
  4.    #4  
    Mailed mine in beginning of August. Purchased my 32 GB on July 31st which I think was the last eligible day. So that's two confirmed? Who else has received it?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I pre-ordered my TP from Amazon end of June, and then finally got around sending my rebate form in in mid-August, a few days before HP did that dumb thing that they did. Figured the rebate was toast as I never got a confirmation email that they were processing it. Lo and behold yesterday the rebate check arrived. Between that and the news last week Amazon was finally going to credit me the difference on the firesale pricing, it has been a good week for my TP
    I think there'd be legal hell to pay if they cut out the rebates. Got mine last night as well, so I'm happy - $150 for a 32gb TouchPad, Touchstone, and case plus a $50 app catalog credit. Oh yeah.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Got mine today.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I got mine a few days ago too. Even though the TP I bought to get the rebate was returned to Amazon. Makes one of my three other TPs now only cost $100 :-) Nice to see HP get the rebate out. Took about 8 weeks.
    How'd you return the Amazon without the UPC?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    How'd you return the Amazon without the UPC?
    They didn't ask. I even tried to get them to just refund the $400 difference so I could keep it, but they wouldn't do it. So I got my $600 back and bought 3 more at Best Buy the next day. Amazon was very kind during the whole process.
    Hmm... I haven't received mine yet.
    I checked the website for the status and found this: "Your submission has been received. Unfortunately, there was an issue that prevented processing of your rebate. Your will receive more information in the mail with further details and instructions." I haven't gotten any further details.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I just got a letter about the rebate saying it was declined, due to me purchasing the touchpad outside of the qualifying dates. I pre ordered my touchpad the first day you could pre order it and I sent out the rebate the day after it was made available. I guess HP is not honoring the orders of who ever pre ordered it, since you purchased it before the eligible dates.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I got mine a few days ago, and I got a $400 credit notice from Amazon as well. Those, plus the $50 app credit mean I paid $50 for this thing after thinking I was paying $550 (which, of course, was $50 off the original price)!

Now why is it we're in a recession...?
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpthomastt View Post
    I checked the website for the status and found this: "Your submission has been received. Unfortunately, there was an issue that prevented processing of your rebate. Your will receive more information in the mail with further details and instructions." I haven't gotten any further details.
    I got a letter from them a couple days ago saying I didn't include my pre- serial number. They sent a form for me to fill in and directions on where to send it. Funny thing is, I looked at my photo copies of what I sent and it was definately on there.
    Thanks HP got mine today. I mailed it on 5 July so it has taken exactly 4 months to process.
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by joe57x View Post
    I just got a letter about the rebate saying it was declined, due to me purchasing the touchpad outside of the qualifying dates. I pre ordered my touchpad the first day you could pre order it and I sent out the rebate the day after it was made available. I guess HP is not honoring the orders of who ever pre ordered it, since you purchased it before the eligible dates.
    I'm in the same boat and just got the same letter.... Needless to say, I am NOT happy.
    Got mine today in the mail.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackisBack View Post
    Thanks HP got mine today. I mailed it on 5 July so it has taken exactly 4 months to process.
    I got mine Wednesday. Mailed it in the middle of August a few days before the end of the (WebOS) world.

And just to correct you a little - it's only 3 months from July to October
    I got my check yesterday. Still loving my TouchPad!
    I also pre-ordered my Touchpad 32GB from Amazon on June 19th and got the rebate denial letter from HP. I called the toll-free number on the denial letter and (the second time) was able to convince the nice lady that pre-orders also qualify for the rebate, as stated on the rebate form - "Pre-purchases shipping within this offer period may also qualify".

If you are in the same boat, don't give up until you get your rebate. HP owes it to you!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast