Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StarDestroyer View Post
    I'm in the same boat and just got the same letter.... Needless to say, I am NOT happy.
    See post #20.
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    I got mine a few days ago, and I got a $400 credit notice from Amazon as well. Those, plus the $50 app credit mean I paid $50 for this thing after thinking I was paying $550 (which, of course, was $50 off the original price)!
    No kidding. I bought mine at Best Buy and on the BB credit card, so I ended up getting paid to own a Touchpad after the Reward Zone certificates printed out =)
    I checked the website for the status and found this: "Your submission has been received.
    Can you provide the link to the website? I'm still waiting for any type of response from HP.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Got mine too. Was a pleasant surprise.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mx2001 View Post

If you are in the same boat, don't give up until you get your rebate. HP owes it to you!
    I don't know about that statement though. Does HP actually owe us anything? Is there anyone one who didn't get the price match? With this rebate and the $50 app credit (which if you got this rebate, you got this as well) I got my 32GB for freaking $50. Pretty amazing if you ask me. So I feel like I still owe HP a little something, not the other way around.
    I paid $500 + shipping for mine and did not get either a rebate or the $50 Pre owner discount since it was sold to me on ebay.

I did not get a $50 rebate for my 2nd Touchpad (bought from Amazon) that I gave to my brother since HP sent me a letter that it was missing the packing slip (which I had put in there myself). SO I am not expecting to get it either .

I still like my touchpad though and my sister-in-law loves hers.
    just got mine today! Hooray!
    Quote Originally Posted by eberon View Post
    No kidding. I bought mine at Best Buy and on the BB credit card, so I ended up getting paid to own a Touchpad after the Reward Zone certificates printed out =)
    I got my rebate a couple days ago.

Bought at BB on July 1, over 800 bucks with extended warranty and tax. Then fought for refund to firesale price, and returned extended warranty too. Price now 150 plus tax. 50 dollar app catalog credit, price paid now !00. Got rebate, price paid now 50. 15 bucks in rewardzone certificates, so total paid was 35 plus tax on 150. About 50 bucks total outlay. That seems priceless to me.

Also got 1 of the 3 TP's ordered on HP smb store today (16 gb), 2 32GB still backorder. I seem to be one of the lucky ones after all. Still using 2 July 09 pre- too, they even still have the micro USB plug covers.

Good luck to everyone else!
    According to the HP website (https://h30172.www3.hp.com/04status/Status.asp?):
    "Your rebate check was mailed on 09/20/2011. Please allow up to 30 days from the Mail Date shown to receive your rebate. Thanks for participating in the HP rebate offer."

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pebe98 View Post
    I got my rebate a couple days ago.
    +1.
    Had gotten email updates from HP the last week or two, and finally got my check last week sometime. Already deposited it. Besides the long wait for it, the rebate went smoothly from my point of view. Bought mine Day 1 (hence my username ) from Best Buy.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    got my check and in the bank !
    Just got my check today
    i got mine back last week but for some strange reason it said that i didn't include my serial number of my device so i have to write done my serial number and send it back in for another 4 weeks. i know i wrote it correctly originally. i always double and triple check rebate forms... o well. at least they give you a chance to correct it.
    I just got mine back as well and it was declined even though I purchased mine on 7/02/2011 from Best Buy and provided them with all the information from my qualifying purchase and HP TouchPad. What gives, sounds like I am not alone here. Must be a processing error. Damn machines! Time to send all the receipts and UPC and Resubmit Resubmit Resubmit!!!
    I got my check today! I ordered through Amazon on July 1st (not a preorder). HP was slow, but treated me better than Amazon...

I got mine today but because I bought it from QVC they wont credit me the $50 app credit. Oh well. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Received my checks for both our TouchPads yesterday.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Got two form letters in mail yesterday saying rebate denied for purchases out of date range. I bought both via Amazon preorder and of course they both shipped on June 30th.

But the good news is that by the time I called the Rebate toll free line I worked my way through the telephone tree. At one point it gave me my status as 3 submissions (appears it tagged my phone number from the submissions). Two of the three were stated as submitted yesterday with status of in process. The third was from the original. When I finally talked to a live person she stated that HP have made a mistake and they would honor preorders (as stated on the form). She confirmed that my two rebates had been automatically resubmitted. She did say she thought it take another 6-8 weeks. But better than having to argue.

For others in same boat recommend you call and confirm. She gave me new tracking numbers for the resubmission...
    Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Vscale View Post
    Got two form letters in mail yesterday saying rebate denied for purchases out of date range. I bought both via Amazon preorder and of course they both shipped on June 30th.

But the good news is that by the time I called the Rebate toll free line I worked my way through the telephone tree. At one point it gave me my status as 3 submissions (appears it tagged my phone number from the submissions). Two of the three were stated as submitted yesterday with status of in process. The third was from the original. When I finally talked to a live person she stated that HP have made a mistake and they would honor preorders (as stated on the form). She confirmed that my two rebates had been automatically resubmitted. She did say she thought it take another 6-8 weeks. But better than having to argue.

For others in same boat recommend you call and confirm. She gave me new tracking numbers for the resubmission...
    Hope this helps
    I got my denial letter a week or so ago and was bummed but thought that since amazon gave me $450 back, I won't cry over $50. But if I can get $50 for the time it takes to make a phone call or two, then why not!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast