1.    #1  
    Anyone else have this problem? When you press and hold the power button normally the shutdown menu pops down. Lately, no matter how long I press the button, nothing happens. When I release it just kills the screen.

If I want to shut down I have to do it through device info.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Mine is the same I can't shutdown, unless I go to preware and uninstall and re-install something that requires a restart. Then Preware gives me the option to restart.

Mo.
    I had this happen temporarily but rectified after a reboot. I have to ask the obligatory question, how many patches do you have loaded and did it occur after loading certain ones? Or perhaps after a certain kernel? Not sure if that could have anything to do with it. If you have advanced reset options patch loaded perhaps try removing and reinstalling?
  4.    #4  
    Actually this is occurring on my Touchpad which has no patches or kernel modifications.
    You can put Device Info in the launcher. Two clicks to Shut Down and save wear on the mechanical switch.
    Someone should write an app for Shutdown :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    You can put Device Info in the launcher. Two clicks to Shut Down and save wear on the mechanical switch.
    Actually that's a fair point, might do that, or even if you don't put it in the launcher, it's at most a gesture and a few touches away.