Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    DVDFab convert to ipod mp4 DONE.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeym74 View Post
    Will Splashtop allow me to stream a blu ray that is in mkv format? I have movies in mkv format and want to stream to my TP from my computer.
    With Splashtop you just view the movie running on your computer. I guess this is streaming in that the movie is playing in the Splashtop stream to your TouchPad. I believe that Splashtop has some minimum system requirements for playing movies over Splashtop, check out their website.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    There have been several suggestions in this thread that Handbrake will Rip DVD Films to iPad (MP4) files playable on the TouchPad.

I have tried this with several DVDs and Handbrake reports that they are copy protected. Additionally. the Handbrake Help says:

What HandBrake Is, What HandBrake Isn't ¶

HandBrake is a GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder.

HandBrake is not a ripper. It converts video, it does not rip it byte by byte. It does not crack the latest DVD copy protection schemes hatched by the studios.

It converts video from nearly any format to a handful of modern ones—that's it.

HandBrake is not everything for everyone for every need. When you desire a ChickenSandwich, search out a local purveyor of prepared foodstuffs. When you desire an über-tool for all your video encoding needs, learn how to use the command line and seek out projects like mencoder.

So, How have you managed to rip DVDs with Handbrake?

Hello,

Yes this is true Handbrake is not a ripper just a converter. In order to break the encryption you need a real time ripper like AnyDvd. That program running in concert with Handbrake will allow you to break the encryption and convert in one step. Handbrake is free but AnyDVD is not.

I have used this combination quite sucessfully over the years. I haven't tried any of the other solutions.
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
    Thanks for the clarification. I have been using Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 5 which creates MP4 conversions in a single pass. For some strange reason, it is asking for the Key to be entered (again) and then failing to validate my Key. I will uninstall and reinstall it to see if that works.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12