Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

I know there have been numerous posts on this topic. This has happened to my TP on a few different occasions. If I leave the TP unplugged for more than 2 days it dies and then i have a hard time getting the TP to turn back on. At first I thought that it was my USB cable that came with the TP, so I began using the cable that came with my kindle and the TP was charging with it. It hadnt happend in a while so I thought that was the root of my problem. Well last week I left my touchpad off the charger for more than a few days and it was not turning on again. I plugged it in figuring that would remedy the issue but the touchpad would not turn on after being left charging overnight. I tried to use the reboot method of holding the power and home button and nothing happened. I plugged the touchpad into the usb on my computer and tried to get the usb setting to come up with the power and volume up key and nothing happened. When I plug in the touchpad to my computer it makes the sound of a USB device connecting and then a muted similar sound that the connection failed or was not good. While connected trying the reboot trick, after 15 seconds it tried again to connect and again gives the muted sound. Yesterday I went to my parents house for a while and had given my mother a 16gb version (sorry mine is 32gb). Hers was charged and working fine, so I tried to use her charger the whole time i was there and still nothing.

Other than contacting HP about this, is there any thoughts on how to get this thing booted up again? I am leaving wednesday morning for my wedding and honeymoon and would like to use the touchpad on the planes for movies and books.

Sorry for the long posting..

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Do you have a TouchStone? Are you only trying to charge from USB or also from the wall?

I know that when WebOS devices are completely drained they have to charge a long while before you can get any response from them. I also know that USB is the slowest charging method. What I am wondering is if you are having a hardware or software problem. If it will charge ok on a TS, I might suspect a problem with your microUSB port. If it doesn't charge any way, that is a tougher question.

As a side note, I either leave my TP on its TS or turn it off if it will be idle for a while.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi bs03,

I don't have a touchstone, so I am trying to charge it from the wall using the included plug. I substituted my kindle wire for the wire which came from HP. When I went to my parents yesterday, I used the provided wall outlet and cable. I only tried plugging it into the computer to see if I could get the USB on to try and doctor it to get it back on.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Do you know anyone with a Touchstone?

My thought is that if you have a bad USB port it will still charge from a TS. If it won't charge from a TS either, my first guess would be a bad battery.
    Either way, it probably is an HP issue.

There could be other problems that would have to be investigated/ruled out but the battery or the port are the usual suspects.

If you can get a TS in time, AND it works, you might be able to make it through your honeymoon. I am sorry this happened at such an insane time.

Good Luck.
    I too am having this problem. If left uncharged and off a few days it *is* difficult to turn on. I just kept pressing the power button and eventually a red battery came on the screen. After that I plugged it in with no issue. Have you tried holding the power button until something comes up?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have held the power button for like 2 minutes and nothing came up on the screen. It is crazy!
    Hi 'justGeeGz', I just got a 32gb HP touchpad, and I'm having the same problem that you had. It's been plugged to the wall for almost 2 hours, and it won't start. I have tried everything, pressing the power and volume buttons for a while, pressing both plus the center button, and nothing works. The charger is warm, and so is the back of the touchpad, so I assume the battery is charging correctly, but the screen is completely blank, the only thing that appears to be working is the blinking light of the center button.

Did you get yours to work after all? Any advise?
    Guys you have to hold the center and power buttons for a long time. A guy at work said he was so mad he wanted to throw it on the floor. He said he had tried the power and center button with no luck. I held both buttons for what seemed like a very long time until it booted up. Those of you that leave it in a drawer for a few days uncharged, well, I do not understand how you can do that. I use mine every day.
    actually try this . if someone already said this i, im sorry lol, but take the end of the charger pack with the prongs and twist it off from the bottom part , then twist them back together. it sometimes gets loose or bad connections. if this does not work , you can call hp and they will replace the charger end piece . they go bad sometimes . but thats the most likely issue if it wont charge up . the best way to tell if its just the charger pack is to plug into a phone charger and let sit for 3 to 4 hours and then try to turn it on. hope this helps !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If your home button is flashing, then the device -is- on, just tap the button to turn the screen on.

First startup after a complete power failure, hold the power button down for about 10 seconds, then wait about a minute.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I also tried using the charger in another device, and I was able to charge my HP phone with no problem, so it's not the charger. Also, after a few hours of being plugged in (the touchpad) the little blinking light in the center button died. I left it plugged in the whole night anyway, and this morning, still dead, and worst, the charger is cold; I tried the charger again on my phone and it works fine.

I'm assuming it's just bad luck and I got a defective HP touchpad. I thought I was lucky to get a 32gb touchpad for a hundred bucks, but I wasn't.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Tony_GDL; 11/11/2011 at 02:21 PM.
    I also have the "Won't Power On" problem. Left my touchpad charging overnight as usual, but in the morning it was powered off and would not power on. The unit is cold and the white center button light does not light. Power cable and adaptor plug verified ok on another device, but will not work on my touchpad. When I plug touchpad into my computer usb port, I hear the sound that the usb was connected, and get Windows 7 message "Device driver software was not successfully installed - QHSUSB_DLOAD No driver found". Also the white light does not light up on center button when connected to PC either. I have tried holding power and center button down for 2 minutes continuously, but no result. Touchpad seems dead. I did nothing new, just left it charging overnight as usual and unit was dead in the morning. Unit is 3 months old and was bought new. Has been working OK and has latest WebOS loaded. Any ideas? Will HP honor the 1 year warranty?
    Quote Originally Posted by justGeeGz View Post
    Hi bs03,

I don't have a touchstone, so I am trying to charge it from the wall using the included plug. I substituted my kindle wire for the wire which came from HP. When I went to my parents yesterday, I used the provided wall outlet and cable. I only tried plugging it into the computer to see if I could get the USB on to try and doctor it to get it back on.
    Your tp is in a fake brick state - completely out of power. Do the following and it should come back!

1. use the good usb cable and charge that worked on your mother's tp.
    2. plug the charger/usb to your tp (very important).
    3. while the charger is plugged in, press and hold both home and power keys for at least 1 minute. If it does not turn on, release both, then press both for another 1 minute.
    4. if after 3 your tp still does not turn on, keep the charger plugged in, press home + power + volume up at the same time for 30 seconds; release, then press home + power for 1 minute. By now your tp should wake up and turn on.
    Got this solution off another forum and tried it. Worked liked a charm. I was about to throw my tp out the window.

"If you can't pull a charge from the TP wall plug charger, and you know the cheap TP USB cable hasn't gone bad, here is the next thing to try: Go get a standard, low power, USB charger (like for your cellphone, or if need be use your computer's regular USB port). Plug the bugger in on your wimpy little USB cell phone charger and let it trickle charge at that low, 1000mAmp rate for a couple of hours and see what happens. I revived mine doing this, after the TP wall charger did nothing for 14 hours. It appears that if the voltage drops too low, the only way to charge it is using the standard USB voltage and not the higher voltage normally fed out by the TP wall plug or Touchstone. Definitely try this before you go through all the trouble of pulling the thing apart."

I hope this works for you. I just used an htc usb with the htc wall charger. Juiced the tp just enough