1.    #1  
    Is it possible to remove the Facebook app from the Touchpad? A friend of mine who just recently purchased the Touchpad wants to know if this is possible.

Thx.

m-
    id have to ask why bother, if they dont wanna use it, erm, dont click it, its not like it eats tons of storage space.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't ask my friend why they didn't want the app. I did them them that it is a native app and I am not sure if removing it will be easy.

m-
    just having it installed doesnt have it auto hookup to facebook in the background, it needs an account manually setup which can be added/deleted anyways. So having it just sit there doing nothing isnt a bad thing and deleting it wont give back any noticable storage space.
    Hold down the icon for a couple seconds, once the X shows up, press it. When it asks/confirms that you want to delete it, click yes. All synergy services like contacts, photos, calender, will continue to sync unless you go to accounts & delete it from there. If your friend wants to re-install facebook, they can download it from the app catalog.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Hold down the icon for a couple seconds, once the X shows up, press it. When it asks/confirms that you want to delete it, click yes. All synergy services like contacts, photos, calender, will continue to sync unless you go to accounts & delete it from there. If your friend wants to re-install facebook, they can download it from the app catalog.
    There is no X that appears over the Facebook app. I tried that first thing this morning. It looks like the native apps to 3.0.2 are more difficult to remove.

@geekpeter - I don't want to sound argumentative, but leaving the Facebook app on the Touchpad is not what I was asking.

Thx.

m-
    I removed mine using PreWare.
    remove it from software manager. That's how I removed mine.
    Any app can be removed by taking it out of the Application folder via Internalz Pro. This is what I did to the YouTube 'app' after installing weTube
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhargett View Post
    I removed mine using PreWare.
    This is the way that worked for me. The software manager did not have an entry for the Facebook Tablet app. Preware FTW!

Thx.

m-
    that's weird, I just held it down and an x appeared. I just reinstalled it from the app catalog though. Who knows, after tomorrow's apple event, we may get an update...
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    after tomorrow's apple event, we may get an update...
    huh? what?