1.    #1  
    I got the HP Touchpad last Friday. I tried to connect to the wireless connection on my campus and I could not do it. So I came to the IT and they told me that this tablet is not compatible with their wifi security option (wpa2). I think what they said was true because HP Touchpad only has open, wpa, wep and enterprise. The only option they gave me was getting android to work on it which I really do not want to. I really love the web os because it is so intuitive and awesome.

I hope that someone can help me to get it work.
    I just set my wifi router to WPA2-AES only (WPA-tkip disabled), and both my TouchPad and Pre3 re-connected and work without issue. Your problem is something else.
    Although I normally use WPA PSK with AES encryption not WPA2 PSK, I just switched my router to WPA2 PSK with AES and the touchpad connected just fine.
    if you read a LOT of the threads about wifi not working, in the end its typically the routers fault/setup most of the time, we all dont have these issues and we have identical hardware/touchpads, the routers we all have tho are mostly different, given that, its easy to see what should be checked over first.
    mine actually ended up being wireless-n related. My girlfriend and I would both connect and it would kick one or both of us. After a few days of troubleshooting I switched the router to wireless-g mixed instead of wireless-n mixed. No problems since :-( I miss wireless-n.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    mine actually ended up being wireless-n related. My girlfriend and I would both connect and it would kick one or both of us. After a few days of troubleshooting I switched the router to wireless-g mixed instead of wireless-n mixed. No problems since :-( I miss wireless-n.
    i had an issue originally with my routers channel bonding and ended up having to issue a telnet command to disable the channel bonding as it drove my sisters phone mental when i was connected on the touchpad at the same time.

dunno why tho, but after that all was well, just means google is your friend when you have issues, should always search for "router problem <YOUR ROUTERS NAME> wifi".

or similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    That's weird, what kind of router? On my Cisco E3000 it's set to N mixed with multiple clients and no issues.
    I have a cheap Verizon wireless G set to WPA2-personal and I connect just fine although I do drop connection once every couple days
    WPA2-PSK working here at home.
    tman190,

Hi, try to troubleshoot with using AES only instead of "AES or TKIP". I have no problem with WPA2 And AES.
    Quote Originally Posted by tman190 View Post
    I got the HP Touchpad last Friday. I tried to connect to the wireless connection on my campus and I could not do it. So I came to the IT and they told me that this tablet is not compatible with their wifi security option (wpa2). I think what they said was true because HP Touchpad only has open, wpa, wep and enterprise. The only option they gave me was getting android to work on it which I really do not want to. I really love the web os because it is so intuitive and awesome.

My campus IT staff told me the same thing! They're not doing their job! Should take a part of their salary and donate it to Cyanogen Team instead zzz.
    Quote Originally Posted by howi View Post
    tman190,

Hi, try to troubleshoot with using AES only instead of "AES or TKIP". I have no problem with WPA2 And AES.
    I also had no problem connecting to eduroam via WPA2 with 802.11x via AES
    Quote Originally Posted by tman190 View Post

It sounds more like you need help getting those IT guys to work. Count me among those hooked up wirelessly using WPA2/AES only.
    I have been having issues with my WPA-personal wireless network and dropped connections as well. My Touchpad was slow, would stall and drop connections constantly, and made my frustration level high enough that I didn't use it for months. Then I stumbled on a couple of articles linking performance and data logging, and decided to give it a try.

Once I set logging to minimal, as well as added the "muffle system logging", "removed dropped packet logging", and "unthrottle download manager, the connection issue magically went away. Also, the Touchpad had a dramatic increase in performance. I'd highly recommend following this article:

Got a slow HP TouchPad? Here are 3 easy ways to speed it up

Encouraged by the change, I overclocked it to 1.5 GHz, and added some additional preware patches. Very, very happy now - it's a completely different machine. And I'm more than a little ticked that the Touchpad shipped the way it did in the first place (with the heavy data logging).
    Sorry, but you have some seriously incompetence at your campus here and they used the standard response to mask their lack of abilities with the whole "it's your device".

The Touchpad is fine with just about everything I've tested, including a 5Ghz 300 N router with WPA2, which seriously proves that the hardware is of quality. I've yet to hit a router that gives me trouble.

The only thing I'll add is that some cheap/crappy routers can have trouble with some devices, but it's not due to the device or the security, it's simply that the router is crappy and has trouble registering (creating the IP) for some devices.
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 05/14/2012 at 08:02 AM.