Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    GO NOW before its sold out
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/03/2011 at 11:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Just bought mine with case on eBay for 232$ ... This will make eBay prices go up now lol
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Letijr View Post
    Just bought mine with case on eBay for 232$ ... This will make eBay prices go up now lol
    yeah I was wondering why the $249. Didn't seem to come with a case or anything to justify the price. I guess since its hard to get they increased the price. Maybe a better build, no more cracking ?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    this is weird seeing as they're "supposedly" discontinuing the product... wonders whats hp angle?
    Unable to accept my order ??????

Now says "Out of Stock".
    dballew likes this.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Unable to accept my order ??????

Now says "Out of Stock".
    Ah man sorry, I was actually surprised how long it was live.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    yeah it was pretty long... more than 30 mins
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    and fyi guys, the 16gb is on the site too for 219.99 dollars, but still says out of stock...
    From what I've seen of the way HP 'price' things, they start off excessively high and end up extremely low.. viz. the TP itself and the recent 'Splashtop' App fiasco.. $19.99-->$9.99-->$4.99-->$0.00 (on Promo).. Huh?

Maybe they've finally caught on.. introduce an item cheaply, let it 'catch on'.. and THEN crank the price UP?

Perhaps wait until end Oct anyway when HP may find they have another 1-200,000 units to 'get rid of' and are also then up against some cheap Amazon units too?
    Seems like HP put TP fpr sale.. at least for few minutes at $249 ?!?! Don't know about you but for CA it totals to $295 after S&H +Tax.. on the other hand on Amazon is $266 (no tax + S&H), not to mention Craigslist and EBay..(lowest I've seen on CL so far is $235)

And just few toughs:
    Asus TF showed at Target for $299 a week ago, at Newegg for $250($399 with dock keyboard bundle) few days ago... Amazon Fire is preselling for $199... I am not hardcore HP fan, and actually I seem to start dislike them more and more... I am just trying to see reasonable logic... And my logic tells me:
    NO HP - I AM NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU, EVER AGAIN!!!

What do you think? Is $300 justified for you? Please reasonable opinions, I know hardcore HP fans will buy it even at $1000000 xD
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    this is news... how?
    Going, going .. gone!
    Whatever turns you on!

Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    this is news... how?
    Don't how, but its gone xD I'd gladly pay 149.. ~180 with tax and ship..., but no luck in August system threw me out and i was never able to log back in. Now at that price -no way. I think I'll get Asus TF, the newegg deal is still on, or may be I'll wait Thanksgiving . We have one TP at home already(that's how I am on this forum ), scoring one for myself was too much of a hope xD It's just not feasible for me to waste so much money on a discontinued hardware and OS with unclear future...

But obviously either HP took it down quickly - was on not more then 30 min, or they sold out.. raising the question how many insane people are there out there?! Because I don't believe that anybody in his right mind will pay that price, if he can get it on Amazon/Ebay/CL etc. cheaper...

Honestly they have to fire their CEO... and yes - I mean the new CEO If your secondary market sells cheaper than you, that should ring a bell about your product... no need to econ grad to see that

PS. Forgot to mention - screenshot is taken at about 3am pacific time (CA) 10/3/11
    Last edited by Sam4u; 10/03/2011 at 07:00 AM.
    I think it was a mistake... I doupt anyone was able to order them... they were prob just gettign them back on the site etc.
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Did anyone order one?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I missed this and also wondered as well if this might drive ebay prices up. IIRC before the discounting & eventually "firesale" started HP was selling the touchpads for $500/600 respectively. Just because the pricing bottomed out at $100/150 doesn't necessarily mean that will be the price when more become available. In fact HP could probably lessen the overwhelming impact to their web site and resulting complaints by raising the price a bit, still sell out and make more money. I mean if there are going to be complaints either way as I'm sure there would be, why not? At any rate it looks like HP sold a bunch a the higher-than-firesale pricing so at this point I'd be surprised to see the firesale pricing again. But HP has been full of surprises lately so who knows?
    It really burns me up that HP would be selling any tablets at this point, when they haven't fulfilled their backordered obligations yet. There are thousands of us waiting for our orders to be filled, and here they are selling new ones. That is just wrong!
    All for One and One for All!
    jvanhou and pm2n like this.
    That's a valid point. New CEO is making a fresh start, having none of it, flipping folks off,
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    These would have been really good prices for the firesale. I would have bought. The timing now is bad IMHO, primarily due to the Kindle Fire.
    cjf243 likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast