Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I just got off the phone with them asking them whats going on with their website. as you may have noticed the other day they had their touchpads at 299 for the 16gb model and 349 for the 32gb model. if you got to their website right now you will see that the prices are 219 for the 16gb and 249 for the 32gb model. These prices are for additional touchpads that make its way onto the website. People who placed orders in august and got confirmations will still get the touchpads at 99 for the 16gb and 149 for the 32gb. He mentioned to me he was not at liberty to say whether or not they are bringing back the touchpad or if this price is only for additional stock.

16gb model:
    HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 16GB | HP® Official Store
    32gb model:
    HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32GB | HP® Official Store
    Last edited by Marketpantry; 10/03/2011 at 05:31 PM.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Looks like HP has them back in stock and on sale for $249.99 + shipping (clearly states not eligible for free shipping). -> TouchPad on HP site
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    or, they are dumping the units they couldn't sell internally...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    or, they are dumping the units they couldn't sell internally...
    No way... I have several friends that work at Hp and they sold like hotcakes
    Any info on how Canadians might get in on the buy?
    sounds like they are testing price elasticity for their windows8 planning.
    What's this got to do with Windows 8? Confused.
    <threads merged>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    What's this got to do with Windows 8? Confused.
    the only tablet HP currently makes is the Slate500 running windows7.

i'd bet the next one runs windows8, although I sure hope not.
    something tells me they figured out thecorrect spot for selling the remainder of the non spoken for tablets. they tried 100$ more the other day and failed to sell them.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Ha.. a headless Corporate Dinosaur, lumbering around in a market it doesn't fully understand and yet vaguely aware of it's own pending extinction?

sluggozmom likes this.
    of a wildly successful launch
    they need to get more product into users hands & got off to a grand start with Apotheker's fire sale
    Inadvertently or not the HPTP's ungainly introduction has invigorated webOS as users are beginning to learn its virtues
    HP needs to press this advantage & seize the advantage this beachhead gives them
    they not only should continue to release HPTP units, but improve them (increase gestures ...I wants my back swipe back in webOS 3) and release more a la carte models
    the Chairman of Board & Apotheker had their eye on the Enterprise market
    Meg Whitman may just have the vision to see this tool as the ultimate Enterprise hook
    VPN support is built into the HPTP
    they could sell a ton of modified units (64 GB memory, more rugged designs including waterproof, etc) to industries of all sorts, particularly if linked better to their smartphones
    Does Touch to Share (TtS) actually work????
    if so, this alone makes the HPTP extremely attractive to an enterprise user
    they need a means of scanning bar codes with one of their smartphones
    resolution is more than adequate, but they need a means of shortening the minimal focal distance to allow for macro photography
    when coupled with a smartphone & TtS this combination has vast potential for business applications
    such a la carte HPTP would come at a premium price which HP could pad to help recover some of their losses from the fire sale
    I am waiting on a 64 GB HPTP panda with GPS built in for which I would pay a pretty premium, but only if they get TtS to work with my Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    they could sell a ton of modified units (64 GB memory, more rugged designs including waterproof, etc)
    They already sold some 64GB models. I took note that they didn't offer any last Wednesday. :-(
    It's nice that HP learned something about pricing strategy from people on Craigslist and eBay...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    Looks like they've updated the prices on the hp.com website - 16GB for $499, 32GB for $549.
    ***? I know girls have a harder time than boys making up their minds but come on Meg!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    maybe they think they can go back to full price for the next batch?
    Will this be the last batch that HP will produce of the Touchpad? Kind of odd HP would revert back to regular pricing after the fire sale was successful. I doubt they'll sell as many at the full pricing if its in place once inventory becomes available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    something tells me they figured out thecorrect spot for selling the remainder of the non spoken for tablets. they tried 100$ more the other day and failed to sell them.

HP.com sold me three 16GB Touchpads for only $84 each.
    (after the $15 HP coupon code and free shipping)

As much as I love using all three Touchpads that I currently own, there is
    absolutely no way that I'll buy another 16GB
    Touchpad for more than $99. (or $149 for 32GB) If I want to spend
    $100 to $200 on a tablet or tablet-like device, my money
    will go straight to Amazon Kindle Fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    HP.com sold me three 16GB Touchpads for only $84 each.
    (after the $15 HP coupon code and free shipping)

As much as I love using all three Touchpads that I currently own, there is
    absolutely no way that I'll buy another 16GB
    Touchpad for more than $99. (or $149 for 32GB) If I want to spend
    $100 to $200 on a tablet or tablet-like device, my money
    will go straight to Amazon Kindle Fire.
    You use all 3 Touchpads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast