Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    they could get away with these prices if it were for the touchpad Go and they announced a new partnership or owner for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    this is news... how?
    Don't understand, how is it not news? Might not be the news we wanted but it's definitely a development and "news".
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd View Post
    Did anyone order one?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I tried. I called to ask about the rejected order number that they would not accept this morning. They said it was a website error. There were no Touchpads available.
    The question is, did anyone buy one or was it a mistake with no orders taken?
    <threads merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    they could get away with these prices if it were for the touchpad Go and they announced a new partnership or owner for webOS
    I bet they could sell them at the higher price. Maybe we'll find out.
    Deleted duplicate post after merged threads
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Don't understand, how is it not news? Might not be the news we wanted but it's definitely a development and "news".

i was replying to something that someone posted in the news section, but was basically a rant/opinion, then the two topics got merged
    If this was a mistake it's not news.
    midas69 likes this.
    I don't know if you all already know this, but HP offered the Touchpad to HP employees last Wed (9/28) for the $99 & $149 prices (limit 1 per employee). The servers crashed with all the employees trying to get one (I was lucky enough to get the 16GB - it was delivered today) and last I heard, there were still "some" 32GB Touchpads left on Friday. The 'sale' for us ended on Friday night, so maybe they put the leftovers on the public site at a higher price and that's what someone spotted today? I'm sure that whatever they had left went pretty fast, given how fast the sale went on Wed. There's no word on if they'll be doing this again and I know nothing about the "backorders" that another poster mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I just happened to be up last night, and one of my alerts informed me that they are selling the 32 gigs in HP.com. Went there and it said in stock in discription, but out of stock when you tried to order it. 5 minutes later I checked again and there it was "add to cart" with a new price of $249. I was able to add to cart and I assume order it, but I have 2 already so there was no sense for me to order it. I posted here to see if anyone still wanted one even at a slightly higher price. It was there a good 20-30 minutes and I couldn't believe it lasted that long. Slickdeals finally posted it 20 minutes in, then I noticed it sold out shortly after. According to Slickdeals, everyone who ordered from that time frame are all declined and should call them. Thought I was helping people out, but didn't turn out that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
    I just happened to be up last night, and one of my alerts informed me that they are selling the 32 gigs in HP.com. Went there and it said in stock in discription, but out of stock when you tried to order it. 5 minutes later I checked again and there it was "add to cart" with a new price of $249. I was able to add to cart and I assume order it, but I have 2 already so there was no sense for me to order it. I posted here to see if anyone still wanted one even at a slightly higher price. It was there a good 20-30 minutes and I couldn't believe it lasted that long. Slickdeals finally posted it 20 minutes in, then I noticed it sold out shortly after. According to Slickdeals, everyone who ordered from that time frame are all declined and should call them. Thought I was helping people out, but didn't turn out that way.
    Hey gsmiley - I apologize if I'm asking something that's already been covered, but I'm curious, what are you using for your alerts? I certainly cannot trust a notification email from hp.com, Google Alerts would be too slow I think, and I even doubt my techbargains.com alert won't notify me in time. Seems like you've got a pretty good system - care to share?

-James
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i was replying to something that someone posted in the news section, but was basically a rant/opinion, then the two topics got merged
    OK, I wasn't following then, my bad,

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    If this was a mistake it's not news.
    I suppose but I've seen nothing concrete indicating it was a mistake. For that matter nothing concrete indicating it wasn't a mistake but some 2nd hand info seems to indicate some were sold at the higher prices for a short window earlier today.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kappykirk View Post
    Hey gsmiley - I apologize if I'm asking something that's already been covered, but I'm curious, what are you using for your alerts? I certainly cannot trust a notification email from hp.com, Google Alerts would be too slow I think, and I even doubt my techbargains.com alert won't notify me in time. Seems like you've got a pretty good system - care to share?

-James
    Using Wiialerts and this is the first time they alerted me . I have it set up to alert me with an email when something comes up.
    I'm not sure if any were sold but a guy on fatwallet called HP and was told that in the future the touchpads will be offered at currently listed price of $249 for the 32GB model and $219 for the 16GB model.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Looks like it's live again
    I'm not sure if any were sold but a guy on fatwallet called HP and was told that in the future the touchpads will be offered at currently listed price of $249 for the 32GB model and $219 for the 16GB model.
    Do you think this means that they will be making more runs of this product? i would think they may want to keep that price there because as time goes on they will break even on each touchpad sold. The reality is they lost a lot of money on the touchpad already so maybe they figured... why not just keep producing them because a lot of people actually like them.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    I called hp today about my order and they assured me that i would get my 2 touchpads for 149 each. this may be the price for any additional orders placed from here on out.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
    Using Wiialerts and this is the first time they alerted me . I have it set up to alert me with an email when something comes up.
    Sweet, thanks! I just signed up. One more tool to increase my chances....

-James
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    I called hp today about my order and they assured me that i would get my 2 touchpads for 149 each. this may be the price for any additional orders placed from here on out.
    Good deal, I hope it does through for you, sounds like it should.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast