Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jedinat
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Here are two pieces of info, the first is a rumor, (what else is new)...

1. ...one of my very dear friends who has both a iPad and a TouchPad. He and his wife actually prefer the TouchPad, (Yeah)...

He was sent an email saying they would be shipping him a TouchPad shortly....he already had one and told them this via a phone call....his calls to HP didn't stop the emails telling him the TouchPad would be shipped shortly....

So he again called and told HP that he got his TouchPad already....the next day he got an email explaining there was a large screw up in HP's email server and there were quite a few people who got these emails in error....

The last email did say he was being placed on a priority list she he want and additional TouchPad....by that time a few friends wanted one, so he clicked off yes on the email.

He had to called the person he had spoken to to thank them for straightening out the mess and that person claims there would be yet another run of TouchPads somewhere in the area of 200,000 to 500,000....we have no idea if this is correct, but I wanted to pass it on.

2. I came across the following article. It contains a sad commentary from HP's employees and how HP has been driven into the ground, (specifically in reference to Palm/HP).

Cheap HP TouchPad Sales to Employees Costly- Will There Be Any Left?

Cheap HP TouchPad Sales to Employees Costly- Will There Be Any Left? | WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS

The debacle caused by cheap HP TouchPad sale continues. Employees at HP, instead of working, yesterday, spent most of the day trying to buy TouchPads to no avail due to a technical glitch. Today, they will try to buy the $99 and $149 9.7" tablets again, depleting stock.
    An HP employee wrote us telling us that work productivity was way down yesterday at HP due to employees trying until 3:00pm to buy HP TouchPads (see his story at the end of this.)
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ...who cares? So some employees had some fun trying to buy TouchPads during their workday. I'd rather employees get a chance at them than Slickdeals zombies. "10s of millions of dollars in lost productivity" is a complete joke.
    jblather likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    ...who cares? So some employees had some fun trying to buy TouchPads during their workday. I'd rather employees get a chance at them than Slickdeals zombies. "10s of millions of dollars in lost productivity" is a complete joke.
    Lost solitaire playing time maybe? Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Hah! Well if HP suffered a lack of productivity imagine how much each retailer who sells them did while they were unpacking the trucks during the fire sale!