Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #21  
    I think vibration is important. Someone asked me why I would want that.

It warns you if there's a problem without having something pop up on you.

Anyone who's ever had a Touchpad vibrate on them, it really gets the message across.
    Last edited by DreamOWD; 10/03/2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Price was first, as I would never pay $699 or $599 for a tablet, since I have a Laptop that allows me to do everything...and play online games and so forth

Price since it was $99.00
    Used as an extra screen to watch video. Recently used it on an airplane and it was great!
    I love it.. again...Price!
  3.    #23  
    I was on a plane from Chicago when I decided that I needed a tablet. Definitely the best use case.

I'm listening to a song on my iTouch from YouTube. I just thought of something I needed to search up. I don't want to stop the song. Aww.
    Last edited by DreamOWD; 10/03/2011 at 03:39 PM.
    jblather likes this.
    for me, that it is already a collectors item.

Besides that - it is best for travel - airports and airplanes. Beats breaking out a laptop.
  5.    #25  
    ^ Tablets replace laptops and laptops replace desktops
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    ^ Tablets replace laptops and laptops replace desktops
    Depends what you use the device for

No tablet is replacing my Alienware Laptop
    and no Laptop is replacing my Maingear Shift PC
    DeadVim likes this.
    For me, the multitasking and Synergy.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    multitasking and homebrew! also, having a huge platform for webOS. rather than using my pre- for internet wherever I'm at, I just use wifi with the touchpad or tether from my phone! thats probably what I love best about it.
  9.    #29  
    I like the cold screen. I like cold hard electronics for some reason. Other tablets get hot. Hot screen, not good. Cold screen, good. Prevents hand sweating.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    I was on a plane from Chicago when I decided that I needed a tablet. Definitely the best use case.

I'm listening to a song on my iTouch from YouTube. I just thought of something I needed to search up. I don't want to stop the song. Aww.
    If this is the selling point, good luck with that.
    Synergy, WebOS multitasking, Homebrew , flash. Id go out on a limb and say that with the price, its easily the best deal on the market.

Alsom, WebOS is so darn user friendly, its friggin scary! Thats something that cannot be said about IOS or Android!
    The speakers, the os, and the price.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    webOS feels better to use and it doesn't feel cramped or caged as much as say apples little sandbox.
    The card design makes it a true touch tablet, apart from those other pads. Once you are in, you don't have to press any physical button, unlike the iPads which you have to press the home button to minimize or kill an app. For touchpad, you just swipe it from the bottom and slingshot it out with so much fun. As a matter of fact, it becomes a habit of me to try to do the card thing when I am using my iPad, only to realize that the iPad ain't no Touchpad, with some sense of disappointment.

Of course multitasking is another thing. Flash support is big in my book.

Now here comes the top one: freedom in toying with touchpad, mainly the USB host functionality and the potential use of it.
    The more I use my Galaxy s2 the more I appreciate notifications on my Touchpad. Synergy is the best. Email app is also so much nicer to use.
    Price, touchstone charging, speakers, USB mounting and task switching (or what I think some people mistakingly label as "multitasking").
    The price was it for me. I have a few Android tablets and the touchpad is better then them all BUt the lack of apps has me going back to my other tablets more and more. If the app catalog increases and gets the good apps / popular apps I would probally give away my Droid tablet and stick with with the touchpad. Right now I use the Touchpad for Web browsing -Email-utube-calendar and some games. Droid tablet for everything else. The screen on the TP is amazing and even though I have a 10 inch droid tablet its rectangular and the square screen of the touchpad cant be beat. Love the touchpad so far but will probally sell it off or give to a relative if the apps dont get better. I know some people dont care about apps but for me thats the selling point along with price.
    For me it's hard to single anything out as everything works together, from homebrew,uberkenel,webOS 3.02, Gorilla glass IPs screen , down to th HP Touchpad case. Everything that was criticized in the initial reviews is now irrelevant-from sluggishness to "finger print magnet" The way that one particular phase was used made me think ,that the reviewers plagiarized each other, without even bothering to look at ,let alone handle the Touchpad. This can be quite common in book reviews,where the critics don't have enough time to read the book they're reviewing. All this aside I now have a tablet that out performs anything else on the market , both with hardware and software. It's even easier to use with my mac than my iPad 2, i.e drag and drop, as opposed to synch/data theft. Box and Splashtop are unexpected bonuses
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12