Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By different2une
  1.    #1  
    My touchpad now has a big crack and 3 more small cracks around the two speakers, the volume rocker is loose, the usb plug when charging is loose, and the speaker side feels loose and leads me to the conclusion that the back will come off eventually, boy I love webOS and the hacking community but the build qualities for HP/Palm are horrible =( p.s. i had to shove my headphones into the headphone jack for it to work when i first got it as well
    had mine for 1 month now and no cracks or anything yet.
    No problems here yet, I suggest taking advantage of the warranty.
  4.    #4  
    idk because i had it on my backpack and it slipped and hit the ground so there is a small dent on the bottom...they may think i dropped it or something...i have no way to prove it because of the mark

will they just fix the other problems still? i know those were not from that :P
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Give them a call?
  6.    #6  
    i guess ill try that tomorrow...im sure people have the same issues though...
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    idk because i had it on my backpack and it slipped and hit the ground so there is a small dent on the bottom...they may think i dropped it or something...i have no way to prove it because of the mark

will they just fix the other problems still? i know those were not from that :P
    but ... you just said you dropped it
    philliprobert likes this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by different2une View Post
    but ... you just said you dropped it
    i didnt drop it..my backpack was on the ground and my touchpad was on top of it and it SLIPPED off and hit the ground lightly, but still made a mark...what im saying is hp migh think i totally dropped it which isnt true
    Well, whether you dropped it or not, it took a hit. So HP could use that as grounds to deny a claim. I don't know if they would or not. Given there are quite a number of folks reporting the same problem in these forums I think you have a pretty good case that it's not related. What do you have to lose I guess? If you try worst case they save no. If you don't try then you get no help anyway.
  10.    #10  
    yeah for sure thanks ill do that
    Has anyone actually been able to get a new touchpad from HP because of a crack?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Surely the TP is designed and sold as a MOBILE device.. and if it can't handle a just little 'rough and tumble' here and there, then the owner is not to blame?

These things are cracking up anyway and as this is what you also have.. 'cracks'.. that AIN'T your 'fault', I reckon!
    HP must have had many, many notifications of this.. they 'know' that at least a 'batch' are both weak and at fault.

People have successfully had replacement units/cases as a result of 'cracks' I believe, Yes.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/03/2011 at 01:52 AM.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Has anyone actually been able to get a new touchpad from HP because of a crack?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    well just got off with customer service and they told me to ship it in and they will fix any problems as well as the cracks..they said they could replace the whole back and they have lots of parts...not units i guess :P but they will check internal and external and he said it has to do with the screws being too tight...also he said to expect a 3.0.3 update and support for 2-3 more years and a 2nd fire sale possibly
    ps if they cant fix my touchpad they said they would replace the whole thing so im guessing they do have touchpads waiting and they ran out of free hp rubber cases to give me

they also asked if i pushed on the touchpad or was rough with it..i said no and wasnt lying haha

Another important note! He said that 2% of hp touchpad callers have called about the speaker cracking issue
    Cool, most of my direct experience with HP and 2nd hand what I read about the experience of others indicate HP is doing a good job of supporting these. There are some folks who are trying to get a specific outcome such as a new touchpad shipped immediately as replacement, or free case or warranty, usually after reading about what someone else got offered, who have reported bitter disappointment but I think most have have a positive experience with HP in this regard.
    Last edited by texasflood; 10/03/2011 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    well just got off with customer service and they told me to ship it in and they will fix any problems as well as the cracks..they said they could replace the whole back and they have lots of parts...not units i guess :P but they will check internal and external and he said it has to do with the screws being too tight...also he said to expect a 3.0.3 update and support for 2-3 more years and a 2nd fire sale possibly
    ps if they cant fix my touchpad they said they would replace the whole thing so im guessing they do have touchpads waiting and they ran out of free hp rubber cases to give me

they also asked if i pushed on the touchpad or was rough with it..i said no and wasnt lying haha

Another important note! He said that 2% of hp touchpad callers have called about the speaker cracking issue
    Great to hear V.3.0.3 update is definitely in the pipeline too!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Cool, most of my direct experience with HP and 2nd hand what I read about the experience of others indicate HP is doing a good job of supporting these. There are some folks who are trying to get a specific outcome such as a new touchpad shipped immediately as replacement who have reported bitter disappointment but I think most have have a positive experience with HP in this regard.
    yeah for me i just want these problems fixed so they dont happen again...thats all...and i feel good cuz they are doing a "full" checkup