Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey- I've got an HP Touchpad, and I'm elegantly running 172 cards with no problem right now.

In fact, I just made this post in my 172nd card. Congratulations Touchpad Tracers.

You’ve got the most capable computer tablet in the world..!!

By DreamOWD
    By Muyoso

Last edited by DreamOWD; 10/04/2011 at 05:01 PM.
    How long will it talke to close all 172 cards? (without restarting the Touchpad, of course)
  3.    #3  
    There's no problems closing out of any tabs. The cards run off the screen like water.

The thing has a Qualcomm processor. That shouldn't be underestimated.

Give me a Touchpad, and I'll amaze myself. You can open up more than 20 tabs with ease.

Very powerful! I like how (whoever developed this thing) got it down pat. When you move through the cards, it's expertly designed. It works like it should.

It doesn't even slow down. Say you've got 100 cards open, and the first card is music, just press the music icon and it zooms to the music app in a flash! :0

I want to see how many cards I can really open!!
    Last edited by DreamOWD; 10/02/2011 at 09:29 PM.
    I'd love to see how well it runs in a video. When I have more then 12 cards running, things get really slow, but I'm truly multitasking and using those tabs, not merely keeping them open.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    What is the real world need for 20 or a million cards open? People don't even bother to do this on laptops.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    What is the real world need for 20 or a million cards open? People don't even bother to do this on laptops.
    *ahem* I beg to differ...
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

7.    #7  
    I multitask like crazy, probably 20 at the most, but the fact that you can do 60-100+ is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    I'd love to see how well it runs in a video. When I have more then 12 cards running, things get really slow, but I'm truly multitasking and using those tabs, not merely keeping them open.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Freshly made just now,

HAHA, I tried to count how many cards I flipped off the screen, but I went too fast.
    This just without pages loaded, but still. The sheerness of it. It's a taste of the power.

I wonder how far I can really go?? Is it endless???
    Last edited by DreamOWD; 10/02/2011 at 10:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    what the heck... I open like 6 cards and webOS yells at me telling me I have too many cards open and to close some.
  9.    #9  
    What do you have in the cards? lol that's funny to say..lol

But really- what's in em' ?
  10.    #10  
    Less than a quarter of a second each. You do the math. In the video, I couldn't even count how many I closed, I was doing it so fast.
    But those are empty browser cards , a normal loaded webpage takes anywhere from 5-10 MB to couple of hundreds MB from your RAM , on average 20-25 MB per page . That means you can only open 40-50 working cards till your memory is full and the Touchpad stops or reboots . Multitasking isn't that much about the processor as about the RAM , and that's limited
    This is like a car that can break the sound barrier. fine. But it's not a feature most people are looking for.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by llamabox View Post
    what the heck... I open like 6 cards and webOS yells at me telling me I have too many cards open and to close some.
    same here. I even get the alert after I close them all.:-O
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    At the moment I have almost every program on my computer running. Seriously when the laptop is for professional and personal work, you can't just have 2-3 programs only running. It's better for me to have them open and just switch between them than just open them and load the file I want again and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    At the moment I have almost every program on my computer running. Seriously when the laptop is for professional and personal work, you can't just have 2-3 programs only running. It's better for me to have them open and just switch between them than just open them and load the file I want again and again.
    I use a laptop for "professional work" every day. What do I need? Word, Excel, Outlook, a browser, powerpoint on occasion, aim. I certainly don't want to slow down or get bogged down.
    Quote Originally Posted by smokiedabong View Post
    But those are empty browser cards , a normal loaded webpage takes anywhere from 5-10 MB to couple of hundreds MB from your RAM , on average 20-25 MB per page . That means you can only open 40-50 working cards till your memory is full and the Touchpad stops or reboots . Multitasking isn't that much about the processor as about the RAM , and that's limited
    I concur.
    It's meaningless to open bunch of empty browser tabs that has nothing loaded.
    Have fun opening and closing empty cards, filming yourself doing it, and flaunting it in the forums. I'll be off doing something more productive.
    Hmm, some flash heavy sites and games dip in frame rates/quality if I've 3-4 website cards open. 172 is @_@! I assume each one wasn't a website right?

Awesome good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by llamabox View Post
    Same here..6-7 cards and I get messages about too many cards/memory etc.
    umm what's wrong with showing what the device can do? And the 2nd pic does show that it's not just empty browser tabs...

Quote Originally Posted by dong1225 View Post
    I concur.
    It's meaningless to open bunch of empty browser tabs that has nothing loaded.
    Have fun opening and closing empty cards, filming yourself doing it, and flaunting it in the forums. I'll be off doing something more productive.
    Penn and Teller could do something with that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast