Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    Same here..6-7 cards and I get messages about too many cards/memory etc.
    On a related note, HP or whoever ends up buying webOS needs to just hire the people at webOS internals and make the UberKernal an official update to webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    What is the real world need for 20 or a million cards open? People don't even bother to do this on laptops.
    Wow, you under-utilitze your laptop! I have mine running WoW, Photoshop, Handbrake, e-mail, Firefox, and a number of background apps most of the time. Oh, with a second screen, an external keyboard and trackball, as well as an extra touchpad (small "T" and "P"). Plus a few external disks.
    ModeratorOMD likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by denimadept View Post
    Wow, you under-utilitze your laptop! I have mine running WoW, Photoshop, Handbrake, e-mail, Firefox, and a number of background apps most of the time. Oh, with a second screen, an external keyboard and trackball, as well as an extra touchpad (small "T" and "P"). Plus a few external disks.
    That doesn't sound like a work set up unless you are a graphics editor or pro wow player.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    This is like a car that can break the sound barrier. fine. But it's not a feature most people are looking for.
    What? If anyone was selling a car that could break the sound barrier at 1/4 the price of a car that couldn't but had a kick **** stereo system, there would be a line at the dealership for the faster car, not the one with the stereo.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    That doesn't sound like a work set up unless you are a graphics editor or pro wow player.
    And I was also asked "why multitask" , it's a no-brainer.

You can look up recipes while you're cooking,

while checking and comparing two bank accounts at the same time,

while browsing the TV listings,

while looking up that new game that's coming out on PS3,

while applying for that new job,

while checking your email,

while Googling that equation to help your daughter with her homework,

all while facebooking, and tweeting about it...

You can have plenty sites open. Say another fire sale started, and all you had was an iPad. You'd be stuck on one page. So out of the game.
    Last edited by DreamOWD; 10/03/2011 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    I'd love to see how well it runs in a video. When I have more then 12 cards running, things get really slow, but I'm truly multitasking and using those tabs, not merely keeping them open.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Looks like the limit is 15 webpages. I have 17 open here and it won't let me open any new ones, but 2 of the pages seem to be flushed from memory so they serve as nothing more than a bookmark and have to reload the page when selected. In the video you can see that the page is darkened when its flushed from memory.
  7.    #27  
    I guess it really depends on what you have open. Yesterday, I had 19 pages open without a problem. I assume I can have much more. So, I'm going to challenge that hypothesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    I guess it really depends on what you have open. Yesterday, I had 19 pages open without a problem. I assume I can have much more. So, I'm going to challenge that hypothesis.
    I'm sure its a memory limit. You could probably open up 100 instances of Google.com.

while browsing the TVguide.com,

You can have plenty sites open. Say another fire sale started, and all you had was an iPad. You'd be stuck on one page. So out of the game.
    Ok - to be fair, iPad Safari can have 9 pages at once open. I know because I've often felt the sting of opening that 10th page only to have it replace one of the nine instead.

I often do have several browser pages and apps open at once on my Touchpad or pre and I love not having to leave one page I have open for another. Especially when doing research. However, I do ofter get the TMC even with Uberkernal installed and often with only 5-10 things open.

And having multiple apps/pages open is nothing new for me. I just counted on the desktop I'm currently using... Right at 50! three different types of browsers, Adobe reader, office apps, file managers, etc. And I had just closed a bunch I didn't need anymore... LOL
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    I appreciate the OP's enthusiasm, and I LOVE webOS, but there's not much use to having blank browser cards open. I have my TouchPad overclocked, and I can run into the too many cards error after ONE card is open if the website's flash code isn't optimized. (twitch.tv)

I'm sure that only a few cards with a lot of flash on them would hit the memory limit on the TP pretty quickly.
  11.    #31  
    Yes, flash is one thing that's considerable.

What I'm thinking is that you open all the cards you need first, then you try to load the pages, it might save you from getting that TMC..

20 cards with fully loaded pages, going for 30...

You do realize that all of this is you multitasking, not the TP
    Azentropy likes this.
  13.    #33  
    We're showcasing the TP's power. It's just the fact that the TP can handle me, it is loading all these pages. Pushing it to it's limits.

I do wonder if it matters if you have them all in one stack or in a line...
    Quote Originally Posted by denimadept View Post
    Which of these actually work on the touchpad?

Yeah, that's all believable.
    <changed title>

I've seen no argument for how "Apple likes it" This will cause unnecessary arguments.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Yeah, it's pretty awesome to be able to keep an app running all day if need be. My android honeycomb tablet has "app killer OCD" and will purge apps after a few seconds or minutes, making multitasking a fantasy.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Hey- I've got an HP Touchpad, and I'm elegantly running 172 cards with no problem right now.

In fact, I just made this post in my 172nd card. Congratulations Touchpad Tracers.

You’ve got the most capable computer tablet in the world..!!

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    yes, but do all of those 172 cards have something to display? it looks like blank cards to me...
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    What? If anyone was selling a car that could break the sound barrier at 1/4 the price of a car that couldn't but had a kick **** stereo system, there would be a line at the dealership for the faster car, not the one with the stereo.
    I didn't say at 1/4 the price but even so nor did i mention it as opposed to a radio. But actually no they wouldn't. As you there's no practical use for a car that breaks the sound barrier. It's not street legal and you can't drive it anywhere except the salt flats of Utah. Like open 200 cards there in the real world people don't need to break the sound barrier and all things being equal they it's not going to sell more cars then a well equiped Kia.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  20.    #40  
    Of course nobody's going to open that many cards. Most people do, however, multitask heavily. I had 5 cards open one day and said, "Hey, this is nice" So I opened another. and another, and another....and another until I wanted to find out just how many I could really open.

And so far, the Touchpad is a beast, it can handle whatever you throw at it- no problem!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast