1.    #1  
    anyone using official HP cases have issues with vertical lines on the screen?
    (caused by the inside of the flap when closing on a screen with fingerprints)

Thanks!
    I keep it clean with eyeglass cleaner and that takes care of it.
    Me does, but that's forgotten as soon as the screen is turned on as it ain't visible then.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I keep it clean with eyeglass cleaner and that takes care of it.
    That's what I'm doing now... however, the inside of the flap appears to have already
    gathered a bit of fingerprint oil(?) before I started cleaning the screens on a daily
    basis. I'm not sure how to clean the inside of the case flap right now... it's a felt
    like material...
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    That's what I'm doing now... however, the inside of the flap appears to have already
    gathered a bit of fingerprint oil(?) before I started cleaning the screens on a daily
    basis. I'm not sure how to clean the inside of the case flap right now... it's a felt
    like material...
    I wouldn't use that. This thing sometimes contains ammonia which may cause problem if it find its way inside TP.

Use your palm (not the HP palm!) to clean it.

Come on guys! Is this a big deal?

Try to find the most use of it instead of complaining about all the little things!

Do you know that you can:

(1) plug your camera memory cards to the touchpad using a USB card reader and display the picture like a photo frame?
    (2) plug your USB hard drive or even your old hard drive to the touchpad and read/play DVD from your hard drive?
    (3) potentially plug your DVD Rom to the touchpad and play DVD (very possible, working on it).
    (4) give your touchpad other lives: even as a MS Windows machine, while you're still on touchpad' great webOS environment?

the list goes on ...

Don't worry! Be happy!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenskinredeyez View Post
    (2) plug your USB hard drive or even your old hard drive to the touchpad and read/play DVD from your hard drive?
    More info on that one, please!
    Didn't think that the case flap would collect oil like that. I don't use mine heavily enough to have that problem...yet. But thanks for the warning.

So how do people clean their Touchpad screens? Since its glass, I just use Windex. I spray onto a paper towel first and wipe with the towel so the spray doesn't get where it shouldn't. The ammonia cuts the finger oil nicely.
    I use wet ones followed up with a microfiber washcloth I got on sale at an auto parts store. Trying to stay way from heavy chemicals. The wet ones are a nice combination of a mild surfactant and the textured material cleans pretty well but leaves a wet residue that the microfiber cloth sucks up nicely without leaving residue or fibers behind.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    the case is actually cleaning the screen. The lines are where it is missing bits.

alan
    Horizontal 'lines' in Landscape mode?
    It's only where the flap cover hasn't been in direct contact with the glass.. probably static charges going on with the dust deposition there too.

Just WIPE it off!

Btw the iPad2 SmartCover has the exact same issue. ;-)
    I've noticed it, but it's not really the problem. I wipe the screen off with a microfiber cloth every now and then, more for my own finger oils than for the "lines" created by the case.

The main problem I'm having with the case is that it seems to have warped along the corner with the power button and the volume keys. I'm thinking it might have something to do with heat, since I noticed the device sometimes get's hot in that corner. I'm guessing that's where the internal battery is located?

The insert in the box for the case indicates that it carries a warranty, so I'm half tempted to call HP and ask for another. That will probably be a weird call though, I doubt they get many warrant requests for the case.
    I did noticed the lines on my HP touchpad screen.
    I cleaned the screen protector and they are still there.
    It seems they are in the screen itself and lineup perfect with the ribs of the folio case.
    I wonder if the felt is charging electrostatic and zaps the screen.
    greenskinredeyez.... I didn't know 1. And 2. Thanks!
    You plug your phone in?
    I am anal. I clean the screen after each use with the cloth that came with the TP. I don't use any cleaner. The glass shows no visible stress.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.