Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I found Spaz HD in the HP Apps for Twitter it seems to work well on my Touchpad. Would this be the only Twitter client thats good for the Touchpad? Also does Spaz HD suppose to auto update Twitter or do i need to refresh each time i go into the app?
    I use Glimpse.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Glimpse is good, much prettier than spaz in my opinion. Graphite Web's is supposed to be coming out in the next couple of days. (makes of carbon for the pre) and that one should be good!
    can't wait for graphite!! The devs (dots and lines) said they were going to submit it on the 30th. I hope to wake up to it in the catalog tomorrow morning (monday).

I use carbon constantly on my pre2.

EDIT: I've seen on twitter that graphite would be delayed a few days due to some issues within the app
    Last edited by wbussing; 10/03/2011 at 07:50 AM.
    Website...minimal but it works. http://hahlo.com/

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    stickerboy and MrpicC like this.
    Do you guys trust a 3rd party proxy for your Twitter account? You don't know if your password is being transferred to these other developers then on to Twitter.
    Waiting for Graphite. Love Carbon.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I believe there's also a Bad Kitty XL coming, judging from the vague tweets here: Twitter
    How come I can't find any of the here mentioned apps except for Spaz HD?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    How come I can't find any of the here mentioned apps except for Spaz HD?
    They are not available yet but should arrive very shortly.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Both Incredible and Glimpse are available.
    Yet I can't find even Incredible or Glimpse.
    Yet I can't find even Incredible or Glimpse.
    What country are you in? Can you get other paid apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    What country are you in? Can you get other paid apps?
    The Netherlands. I can't get paid apps as I set the App Catalog to The Netherlands instead of US by accident. But why are all those Twitter-apps paid then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Website...minimal but it works. Hahlo 4.2.2
    Just checked it out, that actually looks pretty sweet. Thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    Do you guys trust a 3rd party proxy for your Twitter account? You don't know if your password is being transferred to these other developers then on to Twitter.
    App authorization goes through twitters OAth, no way for a app to catch the password at all. States this on the auth screen as well.

---

If anyone is handy with Javascript/CSS, you can do what i've been doing over the last few days. I took a copy of phnx from rmxdave's github account, added the uiRevision: 2 to make it scale up on the touchpad, then just messed about with images/css for a bit. I'm not comfortable releasing my changes - mostly because I haven't documented them at all lol :P and because I'm only really doing it for fun and to learn a bit more about webOS.
    Only mentioning it as phnx is now open source, so it may be handy to have a play about with
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    The Netherlands. I can't get paid apps as I set the App Catalog to The Netherlands instead of US by accident. But why are all those Twitter-apps paid then?
    On a TouchPad, changing the app catalog should not be an issue. Yes you will have to give up your current profile if you want to change.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Flak1969 likes this.
    Because they're not written by twitter but by independent developers who'd like to get some renumeration for their work. I know you're going to say "but they're all free on Android", but if you look at most of the free apps, they're ad supported. So for the price of a cup of coffee, you get a quality application without the irritant of advertisements taking up part of your screen. On top of that, a little while ago, Ad Mob announced they were going to stop supporting some types of ads on webOS so the options for ad revenue is shrinking.
    Wow, chill out dude. I didn't want to say "but they're all free on Android". I'll explain what I meant.
    It's NOT that I don't want to support them by buying apps, I just found it a bit weird that only Spaz HD was free and all the other Twitter-apps not. I expected to at least find 2 other free ones, or lite versions of the paid ones. But I do support those devs. On Android, I also bought some apps.

@Sanjay: How do I do that then? Do I lose apps or settings or data when switching profiles?
    I use SpazHD as it's the closest to TweetDeck that I've found
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast