1.    #1  
    Last night my TouchPad got very low on power. I set it on the touchstone and it showed the low battery screen (battery image with sliver of red) to indicate it was charging. When I went to use it this morning the screen was off and it won't turn on at all.

I have tried charging it for a couple of hours using the TouchPad micro-USB charger; didn't work.
    I have tried holding Power and Center for 15, 30, and 60+ seconds and nothing works.
    I have checked that the charger AC outlet end is on correctly; it is.
    I have tried the Doctor to see if it would see/fix it; it didn't.
    I have tried plugging in the microUSB cable while holding volume-up to put it into recovery mode; didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    bump?
    Quote Originally Posted by peskypescado View Post
    Last night my TouchPad got very low on power. I set it on the touchstone and it showed the low battery screen (battery image with sliver of red) to indicate it was charging. When I went to use it this morning the screen was off and it won't turn on at all.

I have tried charging it for a couple of hours using the TouchPad micro-USB charger; didn't work.
    I have tried holding Power and Center for 15, 30, and 60+ seconds and nothing works.
    I have checked that the charger AC outlet end is on correctly; it is.
    I have tried the Doctor to see if it would see/fix it; it didn't.
    I have tried plugging in the microUSB cable while holding volume-up to put it into recovery mode; didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?
    First, test your USB cable somewhere else to make sure it works. You can use it for your phone etc. The USB cable that comes with tp is of low quality. It can break easily.

Second, plug your charger in and connect it to your tp (make sure that you do this). Do not use the touchstone for this. Use the USB one.

Third, press and hold both home and power buttons for at least 1 minute. If it does not turn on, release both buttons. Then press both buttons again for 1 minute. It should come back now. If not, do this one more time.

If the tp is completely out of power, you should see the battery logo now, or the two white lights (yes, two) next to the USB plug should flash alternatively. A couple of 1 minute tries should bring it right back, WITH THE CHARGER CONNECTED through the USB cable.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    If like my TP, none of the above steps produce results, contact HP support and they will give you instructions/options for return for repair.

Original estimates were 3 weeks; but, mine was returned in eleven days.

Dale