1.    #1  
    Well kind of. There is a website called liveonlinefooty.com which streams Sky Sports channels online. They charge 6 for two months subscription and stream most of the main sporting events. Used with Splashtop Remote Desktop that gives you Sky Sports on the TP.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Is that legal? That site looks slightly shady to me, how do they take payment?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
  3.    #3  
    Well, I know it's not illegal. i believe its murky water but has something to do with the fact that it is broadcast from outside the UK. Payment is by credit card - I have had a years membership before and have had a couple of 2 month subscriptions too. I know two or three others who use it to with no problems.

EDIT: You actually pay by Paypal now.
    Last edited by duncanjameshill; 10/03/2011 at 04:12 AM.
    If you're going to be using murky sites, might as well at least use FREE murky sites: Sport On Demand Live Sports Streams Online For Free tends to do the trick.

Works very nicely on the TP in my experience.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duncanjameshill View Post
    Well, I know it's not illegal. i believe its murky water but has something to do with the fact that it is broadcast from outside the UK. Payment is by credit card - I have had a years membership before and have had a couple of 2 month subscriptions too. I know two or three others who use it to with no problems.

EDIT: You actually pay by Paypal now.
    I'd stick to paypal - those types of sites are often fronts for credit card cloning.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    What I want to know is why liveonlinefooty doesn't work natively on the TP? It's a standard flash stream that plays fine on my Boxee Box and my Samsung Galaxy Tab but on webOS devices I get a 'connection failed' error

It does work if I use Splashtop to open the site on my laptop browser but that's far from ideal.

Also, there's nothing legal about this site. It's clearly streaming copyrighted material. However, it is one of the more reputable sites so you're not going to get ripped off or have your details passed on. I know hundreds of people on another forum that use it without any problems.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dixter View Post
    If you're going to be using murky sites, might as well at least use FREE murky sites: Sport On Demand Live Sports Streams Online For Free tends to do the trick.

Works very nicely on the TP in my experience.
    The quality of paid streams is far higher than the ones you get on free sites. Worth every penny IMO.
    Well kind of. There is a website called liveonlinefooty.com which streams Sky Sports channels online. They charge 6 for two months subscription and stream most of the main sporting events. Used with Splashtop Remote Desktop that gives you Sky Sports on the TP.

Hi Duncanjameshill,

would you be able to provide invite code for footyonline..? Pm, of course
    thanks in advance.
    b
    I spoke to their support and apparently they are developing HTML5 version, hopefully this will work on TP!
    Live footy online is a lot better than your standard P2P/website streaming broadcasts. Well worth the 3/month fee.

Unfortunately it doesnt work with the TP so im still watching it through the PS3 for now.

As for PayPal im pretty sure LiveOnlineFooty now accepts paypal payment, possibly as the only payment method now.

Does anyone actually know what the issue is then? as with everyone else i just get the standard "connection error"
  11.    #12  
    silverlight?

silverlight?

Works really well with Splashtop