1.    #1  
    Like quite a few others I've come across comments from in my interwebs travels recently, I've been looking for ways to make my Touchpad's UI (a bit more) shiny. This led to a few attempts using already available tools, mostly aimed at Pre's. As I picked up more tools for exploring my device, ironically enough from Preware, I decided to keep digging.
    This was something like creating a monster, because the deeper I got, the more I realized that there was a way to actually pull most of it off. Using mostly Internalz and some commandline to pull copies of app directories and such i was able to chart directory structure and get most of the source elements I needed. Some of it remains out of reach, as it is locked in binaries, but...

Here is my run at creating a theme for my Touchpad.

Introducing:

FlynnOS - aka TRONPAD

http://photobucket.com/flynnOS

There are many weak points that I need adjust, namely the icons (have several different "builds" of them), and I'm trying to do some text replacements in the binaries for different hardcoded menus and such. Be somewhat forgiving, I'm not even "noob" level when it comes to Photoshop - and all but 2 of the images in this were done from scratch, with the exception of the base elements that I simply "glowed-up".
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    wow, looks good so far. how long did it take you to do all this?
  3.    #3  
    Well, the first few days was mostly familiarizing myself with the directory tree and finding those items I needed to modify or replace. The next few days was experimenting with those mods and finding a visual style I liked. Executing the building and installation took about a week or so, with a couple trial versions included. So about 2 weeks front to back, working a few hours a day.

I know it's a "loud" visual style, but I think it fits the TRON universe pretty well. I may go for a little more "muted" style for the next theme, but that's a ways off. Right now I'd like to try to build a method of installation and reverting these changes to simplify the process for everyone. That for me is a more daunting idea than what I've done so far, since Java programming is definitely not something I claim to be good at lol.
    I think you should change the "Just Type" to "Greetings, Program!"
    These icons I did a while back might give you some ideas. beardedspoooon's deviantART gallery
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    These icons I did a while back might give you some ideas. beardedspoooon's deviantART gallery
    those are really good