Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    It's kind of finicky. You have to do the two-fingered swipe rather quickly or it thinks you're trying to pinchzoom
  2. CGI_Ram's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #2  
    What a great app! Its not perfect... If it scrolled as intended... Holy smack...

    Connect to your PC Browser and... Smoking!
  3. #3  
    Does it include auto fill capabilities?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelaghDB View Post
    Does it include auto fill capabilities?
    Considering splashtop remotely displays your computer on your TouchPad, that would depend on the browsers installed on your computer.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Considering splashtop remotely displays your computer on your TouchPad, that would depend on the browsers installed on your computer.
    how do you get it to scroll the browser???? - cant get browser to move at all
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by richk2 View Post
    how do you get it to scroll the browser???? - cant get browser to move at all
    1) Put cursor overtop of scroll bar in the browser - in other words tap once on the scroll bar.
    2) Take two fingers (about 1.5 inches apart - I use my pointer and third finger since they're relatively close in size to one another on my hand) and fairly quickly, swipe upwards/downwards depending on where you are on the page. It should scroll. If you wait too long, it will think you're trying to zoom.
    3) You will definitely need to practice it since the slightest deviation will cause pinch to zoom to kick in. It's driving me nuts too...it gets easier once you've figured it out though.

    I definitely hope they tweak the sensitivity for the zoom shouldn't be as sensitive and the scrolling SHOULD be sensitive.

    Oh, fyi, I found a bug in the app. If you have multiple computers and multiple profiles setup on a network for example - accessing each one requires a different port setting than the default port numbering. So, you have to manually setup port forwarding in your router and all that jazz...anyhow, the Touchpad app won't remember the new port setting after you exit the session the first time you use it. It will default back to port 6783 instead of the manually set 6883 for example...

    I have a ticket in on this and am waiting a reply. Others are having this problem too. I know that's a deviation from my original answer - but it's worth knowing about now.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 10/01/2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: made a spelling mistake and added bug info
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Considering splashtop remotely displays your computer on your TouchPad, that would depend on the browsers installed on your computer.
    Sorry, the subject line caused me to think it was an alternative browser
  8. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #8  
    yeah, i agree, its much better option than the stock browser. i have access to all my bookmarks etc. but also has some quirks. hopefully will get addressed in a later update.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
    1) Put cursor overtop of scroll bar in the browser - in other words tap once on the scroll bar.
    2) Take two fingers (about 1.5 inches apart - I use my pointer and third finger since they're relatively close in size to one another on my hand) and fairly quickly, swipe upwards/downwards depending on where you are on the page. It should scroll. If you wait too long, it will think you're trying to zoom.
    3) You will definitely need to practice it since the slightest deviation will cause pinch to zoom to kick in. It's driving me nuts too...it gets easier once you've figured it out though.

    I definitely hope they tweak the sensitivity for the zoom shouldn't be as sensitive and the scrolling SHOULD be sensitive.

    Oh, fyi, I found a bug in the app. If you have multiple computers and multiple profiles setup on a network for example - accessing each one requires a different port setting than the default port numbering. So, you have to manually setup port forwarding in your router and all that jazz...anyhow, the Touchpad app won't remember the new port setting after you exit the session the first time you use it. It will default back to port 6783 instead of the manually set 6883 for example...

    I have a ticket in on this and am waiting a reply. Others are having this problem too. I know that's a deviation from my original answer - but it's worth knowing about now.
    I do it a little differently.

    Make sure whichever window you are trying to scroll is active, for example, to be certain the window is active click anywhere inside the window. If it's a webpage, click (tap/touch) anywhere inside the webpage (don't tap a link obviously) this will ensure your window is active. Place two fingers down on the touchpad and scroll. As long as you have two fingers down and their is space between these fingers, the page will scroll. Also, it does not matter at which speed you scroll, however it does help if you position your fingers at the top of the screen and work your way down- this gives you a better scroll.

    Scrolling works FINE. I think most people are just doing it wrong. It is jerky and I wish it was more fluid, but it works.
  10. Komix2k's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #10  
    a good browser to use is the Kylo web browser meant for browsing on TV's but it uses large enough buttons that I can use my computer at the 1920x1200 resolution with little issues.
  11. decalex's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #11  
    sorry, the topic title is pretty misleading there.

    However, being frustrated with the current (and advanced) browser, I've set up ubuntu lxde and using chromium with bt keyboard... it's like I have a brand new touchpad. I hope there is further webos browser development though.

Posting Permissions