Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jblather
  • 1 Post By jblather
  1.    #1  
    Would my warranty be voided automatically? I mentioned on the phone that it may have fallen but that i wasnt sure.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    I'd keep it quiet from now on. Accidental or Intentional Damage or Abuse is not covered unless you bought ADP (Accidental Damage Protection).
    Marketpantry likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I'd keep it quiet from now on. Accidental or Intentional Damage or Abuse is not covered unless you bought ADP (Accidental Damage Protection).
    there are no cracks on the device though. should i assume i will get voided?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    If there is no noticeable damage, then I think you're golden. Just keep quiet about it from now on and they'll never know.
    Marketpantry likes this.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ty-voided.html

As you stated in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    i accidentally updated a kernel and thats when things went to hell. do you think that means they will void it?
    You should really be trying to fix this yourself. The tools are available, the help is available and yet I still have not seen any effort, on your part to try and fix it.

You did not even acknowledge what I said about going to the proper kernel thread to find a solution. You did not say you tried looking into it. I don't agree with the fact that you could very well fix the problem yourself, asking for some help if needed, and now it just looks like you're going to try and get a warranty replacement.....(taking the easy way out).

Sure you said you dropped it, but you also said the above quote, and i that's my prediction. Hell I've dropped mine from the arm of my couch onto hard wood floors a few times and it still works fine. (and once from the front seat of my car onto the ground).....that's with the case on, of course.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel