Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By cgk
  • 4 Post By Cantaffordit
  1.    #1  
    Seems like things are really cooling down on the HP/TouchPad front. PreCentral has been having less and less articles, there have been no updates from HP, and app submissions have sucked lately. All we touchpad owners have to look forward to, it seems is feverishly checking for Cyanogenmod progress on the Android port.

*sigh*
  2. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Don't forget the splashtop drama, lol.
    Getting splashtop on the touchpad was awesome the whole price drop thing was overblown. I love my touchpad
    Lack of news from HP, but then I'm not surprised!

I guess the last 3 weeks was more then their stock could handle and with Apple making their dance next week, I'm not expecting any news from HP, Palm, Android, or anyone. Sorli...
    You would pretty much expect this when the company that produces every product that this site was created for unceremoniously decapitated the platform and nearly gave away all remaining hardware almost a month ago. Not much news when the platform is dead, or at VERY best in limbo until HP either puts WebOS on printers or sells it to some naive company.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    You know the game is up when precentral starts doing windows phone 7 reviews.
    Dazo and PricklyPete like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    Don't forget the splashtop drama, lol.
    What happened? I saw price reduction, but it's still expensive.
    What did you expect?

The editors have for some time bravely created *news* items from hardly any real news.

With webos critically (and likely fatally) wounded there is going to be less and less "official" content here.

There'll be plenty community activity for a while - but eventually that will dry out too.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    What did you expect?

The editors have for some time bravely created *news* items from hardly any real news.

With webos critically (and likely fatally) wounded there is going to be less and less "official" content here.

There'll be plenty community activity for a while - but eventually that will dry out too.
    I would think (if the site owners are smart) that over time we will see more and more articles on the front page which are intended to drive traffic to sister sites as people switch to other platforms. Then eventually whoever is left here will hit the site one day to find that it redirects to the basements of android central or similar.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    traffic and membership at PreCentral continues to grow. Those that have been members for a while know that the volume goes up and down in cycles.

we still have to look forward to the next flood of employee sales on ebay (pray for a verizon pre3!), webOS updates (since palm seems to be releasing them without going through carriers), and whatever hp does with webos. Palm has been dead and resurrected several times in history, and it could happen again.

PC shot passed 500,000 members recently, and this community will thrive for years just like the Treo and Visor communities did. IMHO.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Go back six months ago and compare. Not that different.

Yes, there was a ton of news when the Touchpad came out, and then a huge flurry after HP tanked WebOS. But those were the exception, not the rule. Right now, really all that is going on is rumor-mongering and speculation. If someone actually buys WebOS there will be another flurry, but otherwise you can only report so much speculation before it gets old.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    All I'm waiting for is news on Amazon. Either they're in or they're not; it'll give a clearer picture of the "future."
    Everyday I open PC in hopes to see some positive news about it. Even on Engadget, my first thing is to skim for any news on HP (aside from new comps). Nothing as of late.
    But I do check the forums more than I read the main page articles.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Tim's been writing for WPCentral a lot recently (as he also carries a WP7 phone) in addition to his work at Precentral, so it's no surprise they're bringing him in to do articles tying the two together.
    It's smart - as people churn away from WebOS (even simply because devices aren't available - the phone users will disappear first), you'll want them to hit one of your other sites rather than go over to a competiting site.

I would guess in the next couple of months, we'll start to get articles about how to move your data to different platform.