1.    #1  
    Hi guys,
    Just bought this from firesale on amazon.
    The Touchpad is not charging.
    When I plug it into the usb on my computer it works but it will not charge on the wall.
    I tried charging other devices in the same plug on the wall, they all work.
    Can someone please help me!
    Thanks,

Zee
    There's a thread here about twisting something on the charger then twisting it back to get it to work. I haven't had that problem, but if I find the link, I'll post it.

Almost all the times I've read about this problem, the charger is what causes it. If you can get/use a compatible charger, try it, it might solve your problem.

Good luck.
    Yep, maybe faulty charger. The Touchpad one is rated at 2A. Look for a similar one.

Good luck, hope it works out

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I had the same problem with brand new Touchpad from CostCo. Turned out to be a faulty USB able that came with the Touchpad. Tried the cable from my Pre with the charger from Touchpad and it worked.
    There appear to be a number of issues with charging.

1. Some people have had problems with the HP Touchpad charger base not being properly seated. With the international charger that I have, there are a number of swappable bases for the different AC power plugs/sockets for US, EU, UK and AUS/NZ and the connection between the base and the charger might not be properly seated.
    2. The USB cable can be faulty.
    3. The HP Touchpad charger itself is rated at 5.3 Volts and 2 Amps and if you are not using the correct Touchpad charger, it might charge very slowly or perhaps not at all.
    4. Charging from the computer USB port might be unreliable (or charge at a very slow rate) for the same reason.
    Well my charger just died. I was pretty careful with it too. I'm going to see what HP is going to do about it, or I might just buy another charger. Damn this product is just one huge disappointment after another.
  7. DCY
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    Well my charger just died. I was pretty careful with it too. I'm going to see what HP is going to do about it, or I might just buy another charger. Damn this product is just one huge disappointment after another.
    I had the exact same problems, the cord even started wiggling so I had to chat with HP and they gave me the contact support number to call. Once I did that they sent me out a free replacement cord that I just received Friday, and now my TP charges fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCY View Post
    I had the exact same problems, the cord even started wiggling so I had to chat with HP and they gave me the contact support number to call. Once I did that they sent me out a free replacement cord that I just received Friday, and now my TP charges fine.
    Nice! I'm getting it to charge right now if I push the usb cord in pretty hard and set the TP on the table so it doesn't move. It makes me wonder if it is the slot in the TP or the cord that is at fault. Either way, it is clearly not like it once was before.
  9. DCY
    Nice! I'm getting it to charge right now if I push the usb cord in pretty hard and set the TP on the table so it doesn't move. It makes me wonder if it is the slot in the TP or the cord that is at fault. Either way, it is clearly not like it once was before.
    At first I wondered about that, but once I saw that it worked for my mp3 player keeping it in place I knew it was the cord. And I would be careful about putting the cord in too hard because that could damage the charger slot, and you shouldn't have go through all to get it to charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCY View Post
    At first I wondered about that, but once I saw that it worked for my mp3 player keeping it in place I knew it was the cord. And I would be careful about putting the cord in too hard because that could damage the charger slot, and you shouldn't have go through all to get it to charge.
    Yeah for sure, but I'm just going to enjoy and take advantage of this last charge until my new charger comes in I'm definitely not jamming the cord in anymore.
  11. DCY
    Yeah for sure, but I'm just going to enjoy and take advantage of this last charge until my new charger comes in I'm definitely not jamming the cord in anymore.
    Nothing wrong with that. I also thought about getting a touchstone to be on the safe side and have the cord as back up.
    hi its highly likely to be just the Small micro USB like connections on lead HP note the ones supplied are weak that's the ones with a silver circle on the top of connector.new ones few quid on ebay
    I just had the same problem. My husband left it on and it turned off this afternoon after the battery had died so i plugged it in. Several hours later went to check on it and it hadn't charged at all.
    Tried plugging it into my macbook but it wasn't charging. Tried charging it in the touchstone, and didn't charge.
    Came online here to the forum and after reading, tried twisting the touchstone and now it is working.
    Funnily though, it was always in the same plug outlet so I am surprised it ever "untwisted" or whatever it apparently did that required me to re-twist it.

So yes, its now charging again.

( that is, assuming the "touchstone" is the round plug thingy )
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.e.c View Post
    hi its highly likely to be just the Small micro USB like connections on lead HP note the ones supplied are weak that's the ones with a silver circle on the top of connector.new ones few quid on ebay
    !!warning saying that I've noted that the replacement lead advertised on ebay for touchpad doesn't actually charge the battery ! It fits and lights up the charging icon BUT won't actually rise the power up on percentage ! Very odd..so tried my mates blackberry (original blackberry) and charges fine..yet both leads look same..there's obviously different suppliers of the leads and dispite the connectors being exactly the same some don't work even if it says battery charging !..So to sum up I found the original blackberry torch lead to fit and charge fine so far ,why the first one I bought didn't work but said battery charging on touchpad..is a mystery is the wiring different maybe in some ...possibly not thick enough cable on some ? The blackberry one is thicker than the first .ps the Actuall charger unit (not lead)used was the HP 2amp original which seems fine...watch those leads tho !
    Last edited by mark.e.c; 11/25/2011 at 12:41 PM.